Closed Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Reload Thread: Attn: Cadence users and 8" fans!

tc300 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Re: Attn: Cadence users and 8" fans!

hmmmm... ANOTHER "new" version...???? lol

TnT_Sounds is offline profiling gets **** done!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I did not forget about this thread fellow users. I have been busy with my family business due to most being out of town and my managers being out of work sick. I have the received data from Jose Gomez-Marquez( the program director of acoustic innovation) from MIT. The info was sent to me on a hard drive that which I do not have the time to compress and re-rip into a separate file and translate in Microsoft Tablet for my laptop. I had spoke with him last week just generally talking and had asked him to register on here to relay the info and submit his deviations from the different models.

Nothing was what so ever slandered in this process, it has been stated many times. I have valid proof that which Jose has proven there is a higher inductance in this new driver i.e; more resistance in the gap versus the rev2 I have. Therefore causing more power to be used to achieve the same loudness level. Thermal power handling was also lowered 14*. Agree to disagree, but that is a design flaw in mine and Joses' opinion.

I would definitely like to know about this "new" series coming out. I have stated many times and will state again, I have no problem buying Cadence and would be happy to buy some of these "new" revisions. I just there was a little more PR behind their rep other than right away trying to disprove me. All I asked for was proof. Granted I spent $200 to have the 8's tested and find out it would take more than 3 to affect my scores and box construction. It's still proof the product was in my words, "lessened".

3 8's

39.9 consistently

Quote Originally Posted by PV Audio View Post
    It will never be proved that loudness is somehow related to SPL because it isn't.

Loudness, a subjective measure, is often confused with objective measures of sound pressure such as decibels or sound intensity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Kulicki
    Building a stereo just to measure it's sound pressure level is like building a microwave oven for no reason other than to measure it's electromagnetic radiation emissions.

JL Audio is offline ThugStep

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CADENCE SOUND View Post
    Well I am a new Marketing/sales guy at Cadence and wow this thread was really blown out of proportion.

Regardless of specs on paper, real world application will always hold dominance and the CVL8 was and still is a great subwoofer.

We will have a new "version" of CVL8 coming out soon. Expect good things guys, special thanks to all of those who did not try to instigate and prolong this situation.
    A newer new version? Glad to see An^ indirect way to cover fucking up on last revisions. Pitiful. Glad I got rid of that pos 9000d long ago

CADENCE SOUND is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I have nothing to cover up, I recently started working here and I was simply letting people know that we have a new version of the CVL 8in soon to be released.

I have no place in sitting here and trying to add fuel to an already over exaggerated flame. Im here to help market and promote Cadence products, not to drag on old threads bashing them. I am a marketing/sales rep. I have nothing to do with the design or tooling of a sub-woofer.

"Granted I spent $200 to have the 8's tested and find out it would take more than 3 to affect my scores and box construction."

With that being stated, I do not think all of this was worth it. But I know how it is to be on the other end of the table, and I can see how minor discrepancies as such, would be a problem especially to a competitor. However, it still does not take away from the CVL8 being a great little subwoofer.

To each his own. If you choose to continue using our products, great! We appreciate that, if not, sorry and good luck with your Audio builds.

TnT_Sounds is offline profiling gets **** done!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So when can we be expecting these "new" revisions? I would like to scoop up a few and what is being changed/added to them?

Any detailed info I'm sure would be useful....

3 8's

39.9 consistently

Quote Originally Posted by PV Audio View Post
    It will never be proved that loudness is somehow related to SPL because it isn't.

Loudness, a subjective measure, is often confused with objective measures of sound pressure such as decibels or sound intensity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Kulicki
    Building a stereo just to measure it's sound pressure level is like building a microwave oven for no reason other than to measure it's electromagnetic radiation emissions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TnT_Sounds View Post
    So when can we be expecting these "new" revisions? I would like to scoop up a few and what is being changed/added to them?

Any detailed info I'm sure would be useful....
    What happen to the "ripping, compressing, and translating" of test reports? If your not going to post them, let me know, this thread being closed has been long over due. But you can expect to see info on the "new" 8s within the next few months.

ace_800 is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

I agree this thread is overdue as Cadence could have easily got the T/S on both subs weeks before and posted them.....but why prove the OP was right.

Current set up: Island bombed out 92 mazda 626. Stock rust bucket

66 Pontiac GTO, modified stock radio, Crossfire CFA 302, Kicker KS6.2's in the front kicks, Crossfire CFA 452 for the 6x9's I need.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ace_800 View Post
    I agree this thread is overdue as Cadence could have easily got the T/S on both subs weeks before and posted them.....but why prove the OP was right.
    Its not that easy to get specs, believe me. We do not own any build houses or labs in which we sit and actually create the product from the ground up. Even if we posted TS specs from the get go, this would of still been on going.

What most people do not get is that the testing in which takes place to get the T/S specs can be done numerous ways, and the outcome will be different 9 out of 10 times on the same type of driver. Lots of variables take place. Most ratings are averaged out. From RMS to even ohm loads.

But either way, still months later, we are waiting for TNT_Sounds to post his "test reports"

sacsking916 is offline stayin high an loud

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

my question is simple, is the "new" cvl-8 you speak of, the same "new" model that the other rep was saying was coming out?

TEAM AUDIO TECHNIX
    TEAM SSC
    TEAM CADENCE
    Sold to: imtjnotu; ace_800; omegabunny crazykenkid Bought from: El_weenie; fasfocus00; retroaudioinc; f1mclarenagr; jason19; tone415; twizted859; noph33rracing; tony30cl; carlosg_313 Traded with: Micah_Jones; MikeOfTulsa
    Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Apparently I was called out, or called a goat fucker, or something. I really have no idea. Im just along for the ride at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXBMPN View Post
    King James has nothing on King Sac!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sacsking916 View Post
    my question is simple, is the "new" cvl-8 you speak of, the same "new" model that the other rep was saying was coming out?
    Not sure, all I know is the one Im talking about is replacing the CVL8.

sacsking916 is offline stayin high an loud

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Not sure, all I know is the one Im talking about is replacing the CVL8.
    so would that be considered the rev4??? or is there now a rev5? im just asking for clarification. on page 3 someone else was talking about how a rev4 was coming out soon.

TEAM AUDIO TECHNIX
    TEAM SSC
    TEAM CADENCE
    Sold to: imtjnotu; ace_800; omegabunny crazykenkid Bought from: El_weenie; fasfocus00; retroaudioinc; f1mclarenagr; jason19; tone415; twizted859; noph33rracing; tony30cl; carlosg_313 Traded with: Micah_Jones; MikeOfTulsa
    Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Apparently I was called out, or called a goat fucker, or something. I really have no idea. Im just along for the ride at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXBMPN View Post
    King James has nothing on King Sac!

JL Audio is offline ThugStep

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sacsking916 View Post
    so would that be considered the rev4??? or is there now a rev5? im just asking for clarification. on page 3 someone else was talking about how a rev4 was coming out soon.
    it's like arguing with brick wall, don't bother. sales rep came in here, disrespected your whole family. lulz were had and nothing was answered. Simple as that.

infamous_e46 is offline hArRy_DaNgLeRs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

it will be a zrs 8 i heard from a guy testing it out

Quote Originally Posted by RyanM923 View Post
    Damn, look at that midget ***...love me a midget ***. 3 foot 4 standing up, 3 foot 6 sitting down.
    Quote Originally Posted by michaellane View Post
    don dont come in here ruining my thread. i hate you and jose

www.alphadamp.com
    Got Mad Feedback Son http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/364675-infamous_e46s-feedback-thread.html#post5697823

ace_800 is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Its not that easy to get specs, believe me. We do not own any build houses or labs in which we sit and actually create the product from the ground up. Even if we posted TS specs from the get go, this would of still been on going.

What most people do not get is that the testing in which takes place to get the T/S specs can be done numerous ways, and the outcome will be different 9 out of 10 times on the same type of driver. Lots of variables take place. Most ratings are averaged out. From RMS to even ohm loads.

But either way, still months later, we are waiting for TNT_Sounds to post his "test reports"
    So your telling me that you don't keep or have any specs on any of the speakers you build? How hard is it to run the same test on every speaker that you make a change to? kinda poor buisness if you ask me...

And why should we need to wait for a 3rd party to post his report when the company should have it ALREADY....FTMFL

Current set up: Island bombed out 92 mazda 626. Stock rust bucket

66 Pontiac GTO, modified stock radio, Crossfire CFA 302, Kicker KS6.2's in the front kicks, Crossfire CFA 452 for the 6x9's I need.

art1618 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

crazy read, ive been a cadence fan for quite a while. quite the eye opener.
    all this doesnt make me stop using a brand cause of this. i just hope everything ends well

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast