+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35

Reload Thread: Spena unhappy customer

  1. #1
    Bass4Days's Avatar
    Bass4Days is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lockport, NY
    Posts
    205
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    101 Post(s)

    Spena unhappy customer

    Well I purchased a Digital Designs M3b from Spena on Sunday 4/6/14. Told me would ship no later than Tuesday. To make a long story short the amp wasnt shipped for 2 weeks. Was told it was shipped on a Friday but no Tracking. Told me he would get it for me when he gets home. Well he was online sunday no tracking. He logged off. Didnt sign on all week. Didnt hear a word. Didnt know if he lied or if it really shipped. Well friday came around a week after I was told it shipped I got home from work and a ups drop off slip from Spena. So cool Ups has it. I wait till Monday and get it after work. Were now at 4/28/14. I was pretty exited to get it and brought it in and opened it and first thing I do when I get a used amp I smell them. Guess What. ******* burnt smell..I open the amp up smell around and look and this is what I find.
    View image: dd m3b
    View image: dd m3b4
    View image: burnt black **** m3b
    This amp was posted with a almost 10/10 condition. Said it was 2 weeks old. I havent put power to it yet to even see if it turns on. I didnt want any reason for him or anyone else to think I did this. He sold 2 m3bs and the other guy was newer into car audio and said his amp is working fine with no smells. I think I got the dud.

    Spena hasnt been online in almost a week hasnt checked to see if I was happy with the amp. I didnt even receive a tracking number. Oh and the amp has seen smoke before. It smells and has black on the board. The communication was the worst iv ever delt with. I think he is really really busy with work but there is no excuse for all of this. No place for him here. He doesnt have time or cant smell apparently. LOL







  2. #2
    raptor727's Avatar
    raptor727 is offline come get some!!



    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    pensacola FL
    Posts
    1,727
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    528 Post(s)

    Re: Spena unhappy customer

    Dam that ***** hope it all gets worked out @spena ;



    Sub Amp: Rockford Fosgate T30001bd

    Mids amp: Rockford T800-4BD

    Sub: RE MT 18" in a ssa xcon 18" optimal ported box works incredible for the MT

    Wiring: Knu konceptz 1/0 Sky High 1/0 and a crap ton of deadener all in a 1995 Ford Aspire hatchback!!!!!

  3. #3
    Bass4Days's Avatar
    Bass4Days is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lockport, NY
    Posts
    205
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    101 Post(s)

    Re: Spena unhappy customer

    Quote Originally Posted by raptor727 View Post
    Dam that ***** hope it all gets worked out @spena ;
    Ty man me too




  4. #4
    BKNIGHTS's Avatar
    BKNIGHTS is offline Member



    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    EAST DALLAS
    Posts
    74
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

    Re: Spena unhappy customer

    don't risk it. open paypal claim and return amp, fawk that




  5. Thanks av83 thanked for this post
    Likes MrFoca, michaellane, raptor727 liked this post
  6. #5
    Jes 42's Avatar
    Jes 42 is offline karma!



    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ohio/Ind
    Posts
    2,103
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    579 Post(s)

    Re: Spena unhappy customer

    Quote Originally Posted by Bass4Days View Post
    Ty man me too
    I hate to say i told...well you know..Good luck man.Open a PP claim.



    Kenwood x996
    Kicker KX850.4
    4 Prv 6.5's-Bazooka Euphonic tweets
    300 amp Ohio Gen alt
    Lotta 0 ga..
    Coming soon:
    Fi Team 18 on a B2 zero.5 courtesy of 72Impala(great dude)

  7. Thanks serjr711., michaellane thanked for this post
    Likes michaellane liked this post
  8. #6
    Bass4Days's Avatar
    Bass4Days is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lockport, NY
    Posts
    205
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    101 Post(s)

    Re: Spena unhappy customer

    Quote Originally Posted by Jes 42 View Post
    I hate to say i told...well you know..Good luck man.Open a PP claim.
    Yea it was after the money was sent. All good. This was my lesson for sure. i would have took your advice for sure




  9. Thanks Jes 42 thanked for this post
  10. #7
    aztec's Avatar
    aztec is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    austin tx
    Age
    30
    Posts
    608
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)

    Re: Spena unhappy customer

    Yes, smell those amps if you get them used... I always smell them... I hope it works out for you...



    Sold to: crx11 , styk777 , deez283 , xxx_busa , blazeplacid
    bought from: leifers , farmerehsan , Audio4ever
    Traded to: customtronic , AudioFreak

    Oh and i do have alot of refs on SD (sounddomain) under bigaztec,
    system in the works on a 2014 Black mustang GT...
    Head Unit- Pioneer 80PRS
    Front-DLS UR1S, Dynaudio MW152, Ground Zero 4125SQ
    Rear- none
    Sub- looking for a 10" ported and amp for it..

  11. Thanks av83 thanked for this post
    Likes av83 liked this post
  12. #8
    michaellane's Avatar
    michaellane is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    virginia beach
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,899
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    391 Post(s)

    Re: Spena unhappy customer

    Quote Originally Posted by Bass4Days View Post
    Well I purchased a Digital Designs M3b from Spena on Sunday 4/6/14. Told me would ship no later than Tuesday. To make a long story short the amp wasnt shipped for 2 weeks. Was told it was shipped on a Friday but no Tracking. Told me he would get it for me when he gets home. Well he was online sunday no tracking. He logged off. Didnt sign on all week. Didnt hear a word. Didnt know if he lied or if it really shipped. Well friday came around a week after I was told it shipped I got home from work and a ups drop off slip from Spena. So cool Ups has it. I wait till Monday and get it after work. Were now at 4/28/14. I was pretty exited to get it and brought it in and opened it and first thing I do when I get a used amp I smell them. Guess What. ******* burnt smell..I open the amp up smell around and look and this is what I find.
    View image: dd m3b
    View image: dd m3b4
    View image: burnt black **** m3b
    This amp was posted with a almost 10/10 condition. Said it was 2 weeks old. I havent put power to it yet to even see if it turns on. I didnt want any reason for him or anyone else to think I did this. He sold 2 m3bs and the other guy was newer into car audio and said his amp is working fine with no smells. I think I got the dud.

    Spena hasnt been online in almost a week hasnt checked to see if I was happy with the amp. I didnt even receive a tracking number. Oh and the amp has seen smoke before. It smells and has black on the board. The communication was the worst iv ever delt with. I think he is really really busy with work but there is no excuse for all of this. No place for him here. He doesnt have time or cant smell apparently. LOL
    call paypal today or as soon as they open again. Explain what happened and tell them youre going to pay to ship it back and give them the tracking number over the phone so they can check it. Make sure they agree they will refund your money prior to shipping it back to him. Get your refund asap dont play around and pay the stupid 20 bucks to ship it back



    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/414807-michaellane-feedback-if-i-bought-you-traded-i-sold-you-something.html

  13. #9
    Bass4Days's Avatar
    Bass4Days is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lockport, NY
    Posts
    205
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    101 Post(s)

    Re: Spena unhappy customer

    Quote Originally Posted by michaellane View Post
    call paypal today or as soon as they open again. Explain what happened and tell them youre going to pay to ship it back and give them the tracking number over the phone so they can check it. Make sure they agree they will refund your money prior to shipping it back to him. Get your refund asap dont play around and pay the stupid 20 bucks to ship it back


    The curve ball is I sent it family and friends. I didnt know any better. I thought it was still covered. So im not too worried about the money. I got the amp. I just wanna see what he will do for me. I was thinking maybe at least 100-150 back just in case it pops and for my hassle. Im pretty sure if i hooked the amp up it would work fine. Its just got a weak spot and it *****. Thats what the money would be for. Noone would have bought it at 550 if he would have stated that it smoked for a second and still works. People would have jewed him down. I think $100 or 150 is fair. We will see what he will do when he gets on again
    `````````````````````




  14. Likes michaellane liked this post
  15. #10
    SounDrive's Avatar
    SounDrive is offline SounDrive RCA



    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Lebanon & Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,947
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    896 Post(s)

    Re: Spena unhappy customer

    Quote Originally Posted by Bass4Days View Post
    The curve ball is I sent it family and friends. I didnt know any better. I thought it was still covered. So im not too worried about the money. I got the amp. I just wanna see what he will do for me. I was thinking maybe at least 100-150 back just in case it pops and for my hassle. Im pretty sure if i hooked the amp up it would work fine. Its just got a weak spot and it *****. Thats what the money would be for. Noone would have bought it at 550 if he would have stated that it smoked for a second and still works. People would have jewed him down. I think $100 or 150 is fair. We will see what he will do when he gets on again
    `````````````````````
    It looks like one of the resistors on the board is blown, in which case it would NOT work...



    Owner, SounDrive Custom RCAs (and other cables)

    Find us on Facebook!

  16. #11
    Bass4Days's Avatar
    Bass4Days is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lockport, NY
    Posts
    205
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    101 Post(s)

    Re: Spena unhappy customer

    Quote Originally Posted by SounDrive View Post
    It looks like one of the resistors on the board is blown, in which case it would NOT work...
    If its blown...You think maybe it just heated up but didnt pop. which caused the black on the board when iv seen resistors fry they are black. It looks like the board just got hot or something




  17. #12
    mazdakid's Avatar
    mazdakid is online now CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    illnoise
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,425
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    922 Post(s)

    Re: Spena unhappy customer

    I wouldn't even try to hook it up.
    Get money back to fix it or send it back as is for a refund.



    traded-pickup1, power-fanatic07, fbi90909
    sold to-superspank, dumple, JoeRa22, sub-FATHER, TrlcKed_OuT, rosrock, dcole18, RaiN, BassAddictJ, tommyk90, MANTI5, Micah_Jones, mrflamboynt, g6ryder, rebelfromva, n8skow

  18. #13
    tprj82's Avatar
    tprj82 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    777
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    143 Post(s)

    Re: Spena unhappy customer

    He has little to no recourse with the family and friends gift option. Hopefully Homie stands up and makes this right for ya best of like to ya





    2006 Bass Race 149.9 World Finals 2nd place

    My references

  19. #14
    mazdakid's Avatar
    mazdakid is online now CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    illnoise
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,425
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    922 Post(s)

    Re: Spena unhappy customer

    Did he ask for you to send the payment as a gift?



    traded-pickup1, power-fanatic07, fbi90909
    sold to-superspank, dumple, JoeRa22, sub-FATHER, TrlcKed_OuT, rosrock, dcole18, RaiN, BassAddictJ, tommyk90, MANTI5, Micah_Jones, mrflamboynt, g6ryder, rebelfromva, n8skow

  20. #15
    bradl79's Avatar
    bradl79 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NLR
    Posts
    1,132
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    359 Post(s)

    Re: Spena unhappy customer

    it even tells ur when u send it as family and friend that its not covered by paypal, dude that *****, i think u r screwed, i am surprised he even sent it out to u knowing the payment was sent as family and friends, u better be able to trust someone if u send payment like that. sorry bro., i hope u didn't pay too much for it. i am sure someone on here knows how u can go about fixing it



    Head Unit - Clarion NX702 w/Backup Cam
    JBL MS-8 DSP
    Amp 1 - Cadence ZRS C9 (Fronts/Rears)
    Amp 2 - MB Quart 600.4 (Subs)
    Fronts - CDT HD-6 (Mids) DRT 26s (Tweeters)
    Rear - CDT HD-M6+ (MidBass)(Sealed in Custom boxes)
    Sub - Sealed in Custom Box - 12" Kenwood KFC-W3013PS
    Big 3 Upgrade - 1/0 Gauge Sky High Cable (pacustomz)
    RCA's - Stinger 4000 series 4ch
    Deadener - GTMAT Pro 50mil (4 Doors Full Coverage and Trunk)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Mounting a sub to a custom box
    By Heresy in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 01:26 PM
  2. Mounting a 12 inch sub to a custom box
    By Heresy in forum Wiring, Electrical and Installation Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-17-2004, 01:47 AM
  3. Custom Stereo for classic car restoration
    By Unregistered in forum Wiring, Electrical and Installation Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-25-2002, 03:26 AM
  4. custom enclosures
    By esco in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-04-2002, 02:50 PM
  5. Mounting a subwoofer to a custom box
    By Heresy in forum Wiring, Electrical and Installation Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-11-2001, 04:42 PM

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum