+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Questionable dealings with audio_phill.

ciaonzo is online now TheContinental

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Questionable dealings with audio_phill.

I'll start off by saying that I've had plenty of smooth deals with Phillip Reedy. Probably a half dozen or more. It pains me to have to bring this to the public eye because of that fact. If it weren't for the dollar amount, I wouldn't bother.

Anyone who has dealt with Phill will know that he will cut you a great deal and make it worth your while. But, he will also talk around in circles until you are a little confused about what the deal actually is. This happens because he will suggest so many things, different trade values coupled with cash amounts, all great stuff. Par for the course when it comes to these sorts of deals, I'm sure. But it seems when you deal with him, the timelines get smeared and deals overlap, or simply get confused or introduced with each other and it makes for a slightly hectic, but usually fruitful deal. That said, I will cut to the chase.

Ultimately, my gripe is an incomplete deal that was made, that for a value of $325 I would receive a minty AXIS 12" and a 12" PR to go with it. I have completely fulfilled my end of the deal months ago with both cash and items shipped, and have simply been waiting to take delivery of those items that he agreed to ship to me. Our extensive dealings involved the products listed in the threads below. Both of which were in his hands, long ago. Initially, the deal started with just partial installments of cash for the Soundsplinter motor. Things grew after he took interest in other items I had listed for sale and dealings went back and forth (far too many details to list) until things were squared away on my end.

I've been waiting since early December (for deals that were initiated on the dates in my For Sale threads below) for my AXIS to be delivered and I don't want to wait any longer. I've gotten a few reasons why he wasn't able to ship. Things such as being busy with work, wife being sick and no babysitter, not enough cash to ship, etc... Now I'm not getting responses, though he is logging regularly enough to get my PM's and know the situation. Actually, both here and CACO.

I understand people are busy, and I am an extremely patient person. I am also an extremely busy person. I head up two departments at a medical manufacturing company, which leads to long hours within long weeks. But, I still make sure people receive the things they buy form me on forums and I return all messages. It simply doesn't require that much time or effort to make it impossible for months on end. I've even managed to do this from a Navy vessel while underway so it's time for excuses to stop and the deal to be complete.

Precision Frequency Generator <--- Linky

Big TC Motor! <--- Linky

I can provide screenshots of PM's and such. I would just like to hear from Phill on the matter, or anyone who may know or live near Phill that could provide insight into other reasons why this has happened. Leaving open the possibility that this is not yet Negative Feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

MrFoca is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Re: Questionable dealings with audio_phill.

Waiting since December ??? WOW. There is no excuse for all of that, And the no CASH excuse lol don't deal If you don't have the money to ship on your end of the deal.

JL Audio is offline ThugStep

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

maybe he should sell some of the stuff he has.. sure he has plenty of tc stuff sitting around.

IM GONNA FIRE MY LAZER AND SUCH.

4. Likes MrFoca liked this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

My last response from him is seen in the first screenshot.

Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

MrFoca is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Man sorry deal went sour. That's crazy.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Disheartening.

Nutdawg651 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Wow is this scam season ive seen over 10 deals gone bad in the last week this is crazy

michaellane is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

So your real name is shane? Hmmmm never knew. Still sorry to hear it im sure he will make right on it justhaving issues doing so right now I suppose
    Not ssying I wouldnt be mad. I had a pair of subs built by sackett one time but never again I waited like 4 or 5 months for those 10's lmao

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/414807-michaellane-feedback-if-i-bought-you-traded-i-sold-you-something.html

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by michaellane View Post
    So your real name is shane? Hmmmm never knew. Still sorry to hear it im sure he will make right on it justhaving issues doing so right now I suppose
    Not ssying I wouldnt be mad. I had a pair of subs built by sackett one time but never again I waited like 4 or 5 months for those 10's lmao
    Yep, Shane. lol

I'm holding out hope for the best, simply because things have gone pretty well in the past. Time will tell. I do have his contact info and as time goes by I will consider getting in touch with his local authorities to resolve this. I suppose I could also make a trip to Virginia, ring his doorbell and politely ask for the items.

michaellane is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ciaonzo View Post
    Yep, Shane. lol

I'm holding out hope for the best, simply because things have gone pretty well in the past. Time will tell. I do have his contact info and as time goes by I will consider getting in touch with his local authorities to resolve this. I suppose I could also make a trip to Virginia, ring his doorbell and politely ask for the items.
    Ehh id do the local authorities unless you will be in the area then id say stop by. Im sure he will give you what you paid for. Its hard to believe with all that nice stuff he owns. Makes me jealous

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/414807-michaellane-feedback-if-i-bought-you-traded-i-sold-you-something.html

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Still nathan from this guy and he was on 6 days ago. Be careful.

audio_phill is offline Walking TSP Encyclopedia

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

On the way man lol. Good thing I'm about out of subs lol, be hard to sell any now

Bought From: Funky Waves, Realbeach, Farmacist Louisiana_CRX, Lingerfelt, ciaonzo, SPY (X2), tristanmay, bigbassjoel, Sound_Around, tristanmay

Sold To: alfabit1, Sound_Around, jonalford2087, woodels420, pangullo, chico305, ciaonzo, darkkon, faessle, UNDERGROUND_BUM, JCJR, adrian1185, fast306stang, tristanmay, biggen_bd, mwerling1212, ntfish, nate56

Traded With: HiloDB1, ciaonzo, tristanmay, Jh8909, fritosaregood, eCrack.net

supereikenator is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is the most polite situation of this I've seen. Great people. Nice seeing it resolved without all the threats and name calling!

Quote Originally Posted by Truman View Post
    I'm not saying my car is stupid loud cuz its not but I heard a solo x system and it made the air frequencies shake the whole car the side panels were even breathing back and forth. I'm not trying to start a huge fight but everyone is such a ****. Until you've heard the squares air don't say its not good
    Quote Originally Posted by Truman View Post
    Has nothing to with it. Squares make air frequencies travel farther that's the fact. ******* Google it. You just made yourself look like an idiot on a public forum.

audio_phill is offline Walking TSP Encyclopedia

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Should have the set by now, any update?

Bought From: Funky Waves, Realbeach, Farmacist Louisiana_CRX, Lingerfelt, ciaonzo, SPY (X2), tristanmay, bigbassjoel, Sound_Around, tristanmay

Sold To: alfabit1, Sound_Around, jonalford2087, woodels420, pangullo, chico305, ciaonzo, darkkon, faessle, UNDERGROUND_BUM, JCJR, adrian1185, fast306stang, tristanmay, biggen_bd, mwerling1212, ntfish, nate56

Traded With: HiloDB1, ciaonzo, tristanmay, Jh8909, fritosaregood, eCrack.net

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Indeed, I am very happy to report that they have both arrived in perfect working order. Got the PR yesterday and the AXIS today. Literally just finished sweeping the AXIS to verify all four coils were good.

Didn't like the wait but I am happy to report that everything is on the level and I am satisfied. Thank you, Phil!

17. Likes Spooney liked this post
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast