Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: How long before you know you been scammed?

BigSix is offline Whippin the Bass

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

How long before you know you been scammed?

I am not here to slam his name or accuse him of scamming me.....yet. However its almost been two weeks since I bought this sub http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwo...12-*mint*.html

He said it was suppose to be shipped out by last weekend and I pm'd him a few times but his mailbox is full and he hasnt cleared them yet. I paid through paypal and when negotiating he said yes to my offer but said I send as gift, of course I told him no so I paid a little extra to cover pp fees. Just wondering how long before should I wait before I file a claim? Thanks guys

Refs- Hrtbrk1,Kharps,BenzmanSl65amg,power-fanatic07,ryanm923,goindef154,subydude81
    cianzo,Sthib,FasFocus,Misfits
    Quote Originally Posted by misfit138 View Post
    It's a fucking shame that you got caught up trying to steal from somebody, you lowlife piece of ****. I hope you fall, asshole first, onto a 14" combat knife that's attached to a 18v Dewalt drill...
    Quote Originally Posted by retrojordans View Post
    The MTs are just like the 05' XXX

Sub Woofin is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    287 Post(s)

Re: How long before you know you been scammed?

Quote Originally Posted by BigSix View Post
    I am not here to slam his name or accuse him of scamming me.....yet. However its almost been two weeks since I bought this sub http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwo...12-*mint*.html

He said it was suppose to be shipped out by last weekend and I pm'd him a few times but his mailbox is full and he hasnt cleared them yet. I paid through paypal and when negotiating he said yes to my offer but said I send as gift, of course I told him no so I paid a little extra to cover pp fees. Just wondering how long before should I wait before I file a claim? Thanks guys
    this raises a red flag. did the seller sent you any type of tracking info? i'd wait another day unless you got good reason he's scamming you

Ca & Caco Refs: its_bacon12, acex3a, boilermaker-744, howyadoin, Ajax_6154, Pro-Rabbit, jr711, Starky, Ledoux289, AKHeathen, Dirtrider4eva, mast240, gumby688

resonate is offline Bonafide MAFer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    820 Post(s)

Do you have any way of contacting him other than PMs? PayPal is usually pretty good about making refunds even a while after the deal has been made, so I wouldn't worry about it too much just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by T.I.K. View Post
    Careful, by those definitions Spider Monkey is a contributing member, I don't think he even knows what a subwoofer is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Truman View Post
    Thanks quackhead. Your the only person who agrees with me. Jesus Christ I have like 40 post and I've been called a ******* like 37 times

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by token1er View Post
    this raises a red flag. did the seller sent you any type of tracking info? i'd wait another day unless you got good reason he's scamming you
    no, didnt receive any kind of tracking or communication after last few messages. He said thanks for payment and that it would be shipped out by the weekend and that was 2 tuesdays ago.....

Refs- Hrtbrk1,Kharps,BenzmanSl65amg,power-fanatic07,ryanm923,goindef154,subydude81
    It's a fucking shame that you got caught up trying to steal from somebody, you lowlife piece of ****. I hope you fall, asshole first, onto a 14" combat knife that's attached to a 18v Dewalt drill...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Full Tilt View Post
    Do you have any way of contacting him other than PMs? PayPal is usually pretty good about making refunds even a while after the deal has been made, so I wouldn't worry about it too much just yet.
    no other way except through here, and his box is still full. Im not that worried about it because I didnt send as gift , just wondering how much longer to wait before I file a claim. This ***** too because I really want this sub

Chriszle is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    373 Post(s)

Smart idea about not sending as a gift, if you had you would be SOL. Pretty sure paypal gives you 30 days to file a claim, I would give him another week maximum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    287 Post(s)

AIM Gaul36918
    Yahoo! Gaul36918

contact him before making a claim.

@JiggaD369

Ca & Caco Refs: its_bacon12, acex3a, boilermaker-744, howyadoin, Ajax_6154, Pro-Rabbit, jr711, Starky, Ledoux289, AKHeathen, Dirtrider4eva, mast240, gumby688

mazdakid is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    914 Post(s)

Try to email him with the PayPal email address you sent the payment to.

traded-pickup1, power-fanatic07, fbi90909
    sold to-superspank, dumple, JoeRa22, sub-FATHER, TrlcKed_OuT, rosrock, dcole18, RaiN, BassAddictJ, tommyk90, MANTI5, Micah_Jones, mrflamboynt, g6ryder, rebelfromva, n8skow

hispls is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1983 Post(s)

The guy's from New Jersey.. That should have been the first warning sign.

10. Likes 05fronty, BigSix liked this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by token1er View Post
    AIM Gaul36918
    Yahoo! Gaul36918

contact him before making a claim.

@JiggaD369

yes I will def try to contact him before I file and maybe he sent it parcel post so I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt here however if I can get a hold of him by friday and if I dont receive package by then I will be forced to file a claim.....

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mazdakid View Post
    Try to email him with the PayPal email address you sent the payment to.
    thats a good idea, Ill do that tonight

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    287 Post(s)

yes I will def try to contact him before I file and maybe he sent it parcel post so I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt here however if I can get a hold of him by friday and if I dont receive package by then I will be forced to file a claim.....
    that sounds like a plan

quakerroatmeal is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

I can't stand sellers who don't make it their priority to ship your item out when you paid for it immediately. When someone pays me or I pay someone. I expect the item to go out the next day if not another day at the most with updated tracking information.

It said he was last on here 2 days ago. When was the last time you got in contact with him?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by quakerroatmeal View Post
    I can't stand sellers who don't make it their priority to ship your item out when you paid for it immediately. When someone pays me or I pay someone. I expect the item to go out the next day if not another day at the most with updated tracking information.

It said he was last on here 2 days ago. When was the last time you got in contact with him?

the day I sent him the money which was the 4th

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

the day I sent him the money which was the 4th
    I already emailed him so Ill wait a few days before I take the next step

st0n3r is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    107 Post(s)

PayPal gives you 90 days to dispute. Do not open a dispute a week after a transaction is made. Life happens and people may get busy. Not everyone makes the internet a daily part of life. For all you know his computer may have died, internet is out. May have gotten sick, been in an accident etc. Unless you are just completely hard up for your money back, just be a bit patient. I know that is asking a lot as im super impatient myself, but try.I sold a few things to people here last week and offered free shipping, sadly to my surprise shipping turned out to cost a TON on both items. $45 to ship sound dampener and like $40 to ship a radio. So i lost out a ton on those sales, but i advertised free same day shipping and i had them out within minutes of receiving payment. Not everyone has that luxury or ability. My vote goes for being patient unless as i said your hard up for the $$ which means your shouldnt have bought the item to begin with. What happens in the future if you sell something and life happens that puts you behind and your buyers are opening disputes? You would wish they would be patient with you.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by st0n3r View Post
    PayPal gives you 90 days to dispute. Do not open a dispute a week after a transaction is made. Life happens and people may get busy. Not everyone makes the internet a daily part of life. For all you know his computer may have died, internet is out. May have gotten sick, been in an accident etc. Unless you are just completely hard up for your money back, just be a bit patient. I know that is asking a lot as im super impatient myself, but try.I sold a few things to people here last week and offered free shipping, sadly to my surprise shipping turned out to cost a TON on both items. $45 to ship sound dampener and like $40 to ship a radio. So i lost out a ton on those sales, but i advertised free same day shipping and i had them out within minutes of receiving payment. Not everyone has that luxury or ability. My vote goes for being patient unless as i said your hard up for the $$ which means your shouldnt have bought the item to begin with. What happens in the future if you sell something and life happens that puts you behind and your buyers are opening disputes? You would wish they would be patient with you.
    I understand your points and where you are coming from however as someone else pointed out he was signed in on here 2 days ago so everything you just said has no valid point.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast