Closed Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Reload Thread: Problems with TheBatteryMan

VWGolfMKVI is offline StarrMountainSoundNutHugr

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Re: Problems with TheBatteryMan

Being an outsider and just reading this thread it would make me think its fishy as well. You become a vendor with borrowed money for one month? And can't afford another month? Was there NO markup in the batteries? Just doesn't add up. This is just an outsider looking in.

StarrMountainSound Nuthugger Team Member #1
    2014 Ford Explorer XLT
    Future setup:
    Rockford Fosgate Power 550S (OLD SCHOOL POWA)
    JBL GTO1204BP

bgowdy31 is online now I GOT LOUD FOR $648

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

with all this battery stuff getting thrown around and i think i read were someone "checked dekas" website to get info this powerware battery. Deka batteries are good right?

MY 95 BLAZER~(HIGHEST SCORE 147+DB 30 SEC MUSIC AVG-BB2400 & 1 HDC3-18 W/STOCK ELEC)
    2 OBSIDIAN V2 18'S ~ 10 CUBES @ 38HZ ~ SOUNDSTREAM TA1.3000D @ .5
    DC 220A ALT ~ 2 AGMS + 1 STOCK BATT ~ 4 RUNS OGA(2 POS & 2 NEG)

WIFEYS 03 FOCUS SE TRUNK SYSTEM ~ 143+DB 30 SEC MUSIC AVG
    1 KICKER L7 15 ~ 5.6 CUBE @ 38HZ ~ KICKER ZX1000.1 @ 2 OHM
    STOCK ELECTRICAL ~ 1 BATT(YELLOW TOP OPTI) ~ ONLY 6GA WIRE

2010 FCBC 450 STREET 3RD PLACE & 2011 FCBC 450 STREET CHAMPION
    TEAM UNRESTRICTED ~ MY YOUTUBE CHANNELS-> *bgowdy31 & bgowdy3131*

bgowdy31 is online now I GOT LOUD FOR $648

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VWGolfMKVI View Post
    Being an outsider and just reading this thread it would make me think its fishy as well. You become a vendor with borrowed money for one month? And can't afford another month? Was there NO markup in the batteries? Just doesn't add up. This is just an outsider looking in.
    does kinda sound funny... he was kind of "hawking" me to buy a battery from him

MY 95 BLAZER~(HIGHEST SCORE 147+DB 30 SEC MUSIC AVG-BB2400 & 1 HDC3-18 W/STOCK ELEC)
    2 OBSIDIAN V2 18'S ~ 10 CUBES @ 38HZ ~ SOUNDSTREAM TA1.3000D @ .5
    DC 220A ALT ~ 2 AGMS + 1 STOCK BATT ~ 4 RUNS OGA(2 POS & 2 NEG)

WIFEYS 03 FOCUS SE TRUNK SYSTEM ~ 143+DB 30 SEC MUSIC AVG
    1 KICKER L7 15 ~ 5.6 CUBE @ 38HZ ~ KICKER ZX1000.1 @ 2 OHM
    STOCK ELECTRICAL ~ 1 BATT(YELLOW TOP OPTI) ~ ONLY 6GA WIRE

2010 FCBC 450 STREET 3RD PLACE & 2011 FCBC 450 STREET CHAMPION
    TEAM UNRESTRICTED ~ MY YOUTUBE CHANNELS-> *bgowdy31 & bgowdy3131*

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Sounds like thebatteryman wasn't prepared for "business". It seems he was just buying batteries from a third party with no real knowledge of batteries or business. When things went bad, he was unable to back up his "business" so he decided to get out quickly before things got really ugly. That's what I gathered from this thread anyway...

Refs- DiabolicBass, nismos14,IonSQL,massiveaudiocw,sxpimpin,sundownz,8 7gr, nissan,Louie68,Tips,Trell,integra88,Ellsworthz,bas ebalz13,lil98cabrio,woofercooker,pro-rabbit,Louisiana_CRX,MANTI5,eL_wEEnIe,bubbagumper6 ,jco1385,95saturn,ace_800,micah_jones,assassin1840 ,beat-down69,RAM_Designs,whitedragon551,KTMrida4life

VWGolfMKVI is offline StarrMountainSoundNutHugr

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch86 View Post
    Sounds like thebatteryman wasn't prepared for "business". It seems he was just buying batteries from a third party with no real knowledge of batteries or business. When things went bad, he was unable to back up his "business" so he decided to get out quickly before things got really ugly. That's what I gathered from this thread anyway...

Exactly

StarrMountainSound Nuthugger Team Member #1
    2014 Ford Explorer XLT
    Future setup:
    Rockford Fosgate Power 550S (OLD SCHOOL POWA)
    JBL GTO1204BP

Better-Action is offline give me a reach around

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Idiot on one side... shady on the other...

This thread is great. Lulz were had.

7. Likes gckless liked this post
    JoeK is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Not too concerned about this, but i just bought an XS Power D3100 , hopefully itll all work itself out

** NEW VEHICLE AND BUILD ** 2003 Jeep Liberty Sport
    2x SPLAudio DAD BD 12s
    2x SK-1500.1s
    Box 5 cubes @ 29hz
    XS Power D3100 & D2400
    Tenney 270A
    4x PowerBass 3xl 6.5s
    Clarion CZ702

Team Ampere is offline Team Ampere Audio-Alabama

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VWGolfMKVI View Post
    In order to cover shipping costs, and have the prices stay where they were competitive, there was a lower than "average" markup. Non money was "borrowed". money was only used to cover a few costs, and thos few people have more than tripled their money that they initially put in. Like any other startup, i made sure they were taken care of first thing, while i wasnt even making a dime.

Quote Originally Posted by knotdrummer88 View Post
    why would he do that, it seemed like it was going pretty well

drummer, things are/were going pretty well. But with christmas and a few birthdays to plan and stuff this month, i just didnt have the money FOR THIS MONTH. Never said jackshitt about cancelling forever, just flat out said i didnt have 50 bucks to dish out this month. But i paid it anyway, so i cant change that now.

To the guy "who has seen multiple threads go up about bad batteries" please show me all of these threads??? Beacasue as far as im concerned, other than this thread, noones said a damm thing about it.

The first sale i made was locally. Guy bought 2 c and d 134ah batt and 8-powerware 102ah batts. That was almost 2 months ago.

To the guy who had the bright idea that "i buy from a third party vendor". Well no shitt sherlock??? Im not a fuckking manufacturer!! who the hell else am i supposed to buy random brands and sizes from?? That was a real bright statement you had there.

1997 Cadillac Seville
    30 cube Clamshell designed and installed by Neill Barber @ Audio Extremes
    6-Sundown ZV3 15"s d2....Sub Amps-AMPERE AUDIO 3800.1s
    Fiberglass Front Doors done by Me...6-Crescendo PWX 10s...6-Selenuim ST200s...Mids/Highs amps-AMPERE AUDIO 125.4s
    Head Unit-Pioneer 80prs
    Sky High 1/0, XS Power XP FLEX 8g
    Tenney 320a alt
    Batteries-Powerware Group 31s-(12 of them bastards)
    3" lift kit by Lift-a-brand.. 24" Verde Helix Rims

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

And to the guy who said i "hawked" him. He asked a ton of questions first of all. 2nd of all, i only had 3 of these specific bateries that he wanted , the deka 105ah batts. he was super interested, he was gonna get them., this and that. Then one day he pmed me and said that he found some locally. Good for him. and thats where our conversation ended.

1997 Cadillac Seville
    Fiberglass Front Doors done by Me...6-Crescendo PWX 10s...6-Selenuim ST200s...Mids/Highs amps-AMPERE AUDIO 125.4s
    Head Unit-Pioneer 80prs
    Tenney 320a alt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Its really quite simple amigo. I get money from a customer, box up a battery, and drop it off at the UPS store. Its not rocket science. Just so happened somoen got a battery that was in perfect shape when it arrived at his house, and magically, the next week after being on a standard battery charger, it was bad. And im expected to make that right?? u peoplemake me laugh

1997 Cadillac Seville
    Head Unit-Pioneer 80prs
    Tenney 320a alt

dbeez is offline Supporting Vendor dbeez is a Supporting Member of the forum!

dbeez is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

Nicholas from one business man to another you need to learn how to talk to people a little better even when your upset and mad now I will say no one knows for sure what happened here but it Appears a batt arrived in good shape and a week later died and apparently there is 0 warranty from you is that correct.

2002 suburban
    Security System Code alarm
    Electrical Dc power sp270 7 deka 9A31's and lots of 1/0
    Headunit pioneer 880prs
    Amps 2 Sax125.2 front stage crossfire xs8k@.5
    Wiring lots of 1/0 stinger, tsunami
    Mids & Tweeters 2 sets cdt m6+ mids 2 sets cdt tw25 tweets
    Subs 2-18" nightshade v2's d2
    System DetailsDaily driver.

JoeK is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nicholasmccabe View Post
    Its really quite simple amigo. I get money from a customer, box up a battery, and drop it off at the UPS store. Its not rocket science. Just so happened somoen got a battery that was in perfect shape when it arrived at his house, and magically, the next week after being on a standard battery charger, it was bad. And im expected to make that right?? u peoplemake me laugh
    Again, screenshot where i said that. Why do you insist on putting words in my mouth.

** NEW VEHICLE AND BUILD ** 2003 Jeep Liberty Sport
    2x SPLAudio DAD BD 12s
    2x SK-1500.1s
    Box 5 cubes @ 29hz
    XS Power D3100 & D2400
    Tenney 270A
    4x PowerBass 3xl 6.5s
    Clarion CZ702

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nicholasmccabe View Post
    Maybe that's the problem... you think its so simple. You're playing with peoples hard earned money. You don't present yourself as professional or understanding. I stand by what I said. You have no business sense and not prepared to do business. I'm not attacking you, I'm just making an observation based on what I have gathered from this thread. Its probably best you got out before things got really bad, because you weren't prepared for this.

Refs- DiabolicBass, nismos14,IonSQL,massiveaudiocw,sxpimpin,sundownz,8 7gr, nissan,Louie68,Tips,Trell,integra88,Ellsworthz,bas ebalz13,lil98cabrio,woofercooker,pro-rabbit,Louisiana_CRX,MANTI5,eL_wEEnIe,bubbagumper6 ,jco1385,95saturn,ace_800,micah_jones,assassin1840 ,beat-down69,RAM_Designs,whitedragon551,KTMrida4life

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Maybe that's the problem... you think its so simple. You're playing with peoples hard earned money. You don't present yourself as professional or understanding. I stand by what I said. You have no business sense and not prepared to do business. I'm not attacking you, I'm just making an observation based on what I have gathered from this thread. Its probably best you got out before things got really bad, because you weren't prepared for this.

Theres ur problem rite there. Youve only seen this thread. How can you make a determination on what kind of person, or buisness person i am?? Thats like going in to Chilis at one location, the food and service being terrible, and pretty much saying that chilis *****. You remind me of like a ceo or coo of a company. Its the out of sight, oiut of mind routine. You may come to the plant once a year, and you see 1 guy standing getting a drink of water. Whats your assumption??? That that guy is lazy, and he should be fired becasue hes always at the water cooler. How do you know that for the past 8 hours, he hasnt been busting his asss on the production line, to make your company profitable, and the one time you stop ny to visit the plant, you see hijm drinking water.

I dont feel attacked at all Mitch. I actually am enlightened. That so many of you, in such a short amount of time, can come to conclusions about what i do and how i do things. Fact is, its none of your buisness. I stand beside every thing i say and do. I still dont see where im at fault for this dudes battery, but whatever, you guys are all entitled to your opinions. You say im playing with peoples hard earned money. The people are paying for something that i have, and that they want. You act like a fool when you basically act like im scamming someone?? Who the helll have i scammed?? YOur an idiot

This is the only thread ive seen whrer anyone has had any type of problem with any of my batteries..

Since november , my collegues and myself have sold and shipped over 60+ batteries. So , you all you haters who think that im butthurt, or that youve changed my mind about doing buisness on here, you havent.

And yes Mitchell, it is that simpe. I have something people want.
    1. They put in an order and send funds
    2. I box up a battery and send it to them.

Mitchell, thats a total of 2 mind boggling steps it takes to complete a transaction. Not attacking me. Then why dont you DO YOUR HOMEWORK BEFORE YOU ACT LIKE YOU KNOW ME, dippshit

1997 Cadillac Seville
    Head Unit-Pioneer 80prs
    Tenney 320a alt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbeez View Post
    Nicholas from one business man to another you need to learn how to talk to people a little better even when your upset and mad now I will say no one knows for sure what happened here but it Appears a batt arrived in good shape and a week later died and apparently there is 0 warranty from you is that correct.
    Dude, cmon. multimillion dollar company, nor am i selling dreams. Im a southern guy and could care less if i sell no batteries becasue someone doesnt like the way i talk "when im upset". The fact is im being blasted for something that ended when he said" the battery works great".

WHo am i ??? so these other guys who sell batteries on here// im not talkin companies. Im talkin about individuals that sell a batt here or there. No one would say anything if it was one of those guys that sold the battery. But since its me, everyones got something to say. its all good tho. IM boxing up 2 right now, then i will spray foamthe sides and top. Let it dry, tape it up, stick opn a label and haul to the ups store. Thanks much

Nick

1997 Cadillac Seville
    Head Unit-Pioneer 80prs
    Tenney 320a alt

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast