Closed Thread
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Reload Thread: Buyer Beware: Bassin Brandon/Tarantula Lemur

cyn
    cyn is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Re: Buyer Beware: Tarantula Lemur

99% of custom work is not refundable.. only repairs of warranty..

I have yet to have anything that was built custom be refunded or would ask for it to be refunded.. Even as a consumer I know "and should know" that any custom work is not refundable. But should be covered under a warranty. If as a consumer you can't understand that nor chose to read the fine print when buying something, you should keep your money in your pocket or bank and stay away from any custom work and just buy OEM or store bought stuff.

/thread

MECHMAN is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

For the record
    Quote Originally Posted by www.caraudio.com user profile
    Old Username New Username Date ChangedChanged By
    Tarantula Lemur Bassin Brandon 03:16 AM, 09-19-2011 Bassin Brandon
    JeepJLBrandon Tarantula Lemur 02:23 AM, 08-14-2011 Bassin Brandon

Builder of alternators.

www.mechman.com
    865-522-6166
    1-800-MECHMAN

mast240 is offline YOU'RE A HOOKER!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cyn View Post
    99% of custom work is not refundable.. only repairs of warranty..

I have yet to have anything that was built custom be refunded or would ask for it to be refunded.. Even as a consumer I know "and should know" that any custom work is not refundable. But should be covered under a warranty. If as a consumer you can't understand that nor chose to read the fine print when buying something, you should keep your money in your pocket or bank and stay away from any custom work and just buy OEM or store bought stuff.

/thread
    THIS.

and it's not even "fine print" with mechman... its VERY easy to find within their policies

NEW TO CAR AUDIO? READ THIS FIRST... http://www.caraudio.com/forums/general-discussion/532425-new-car-audio-read-first.html
    the loudest montero sport around
    head unit: toshiba thrive 10.1" android tablet/ Kenwood KVT-516
    front stage: each door: 1 8' RF p1 (midbass), midrange: 2 cadence cwm6.5's, 1 memphis pr 6.5 coax (kickplate), 1 cadence 4' coax (a-pillars)
    subs: 4 AQ HDC3 18'S, walled in a clamshell
    amps: subs: AB 500.1, looking for a second; midrange and midbass: 2 AP 1000.4

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    498 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mast240 View Post
    Most you guys know me, and that i try to stay objective with situations like this. I've had many a conversations with brandon, about certain actions, attitudes, and general demeaner. I dont think he was intentionally trying to defraud anyone from the very beginning. Now, with that being said, let me say this... when he bought the alt from mechman, he agreed to their terms and conditions... one of them being a stipulation of "no refunds" (which is actually a very common practice with custom made electronics). Is he intending to commit fraud, i dont think so... is he committing fraud, DEFINATELY. I honestly think he is just a little too young, too immature, and too inexperienced to realize the trouble he is creating for himself. There really should be a maturity test you have to pass, before you are allowed to take part in this hobby.

Biggest issue here is:

IF YOU DONT HAVE THE MONEY TO SPEND, DONT SPEND IT!

no one cares how much you spent on your system, how "baller" you are for your age, or any of that crap. From many threads, posts, and conversations i've had, i honestly have gotten the feeling that he is trying to prove something... not sure what that is.

Bottom line here, with all the other BS aside, is that by doing what he is doing, he will be committing fraud. There is no way around it. Mechman is a reputable company, with a good standing in the community. And while i personally dont like seeing people being pushed away from the community, maybe he should take a step back for a little while, until he can become a little more responsible. Not trying to be mean, just honest.
    agreed ! but there is a law i believe for consumers that protects them from companys that say no refunds.the alt was sold as a direct fit in which it wasn't,and this law states that no matter what the companies return or refund policy is all consumers have the right to a full refund if not completely satisfied with said product. real issue should have been not so much about if it worked or not but was it what he was told it was [direct fit ,no mods] and it wasn't in his case.i was there when it was mounted.

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

mast240 is offline YOU'RE A HOOKER!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

you realize that link you posted is from an Australian website, right?

kind of a mude point, when the transaction happened in the US. Thats the main reason that 9 times out of 10, when purchasing something online, you have to "agree" to their terms and policies... not reading them, yet agreeing is no ones fault but the buyers. The majority of mechman alts are sold as direct fit/little modification... and i dont see having to use a grounding post, for the high current, as excluding it from direct fit.

NEW TO CAR AUDIO? READ THIS FIRST... http://www.caraudio.com/forums/general-discussion/532425-new-car-audio-read-first.html
    the loudest montero sport around
    head unit: toshiba thrive 10.1" android tablet/ Kenwood KVT-516
    front stage: each door: 1 8' RF p1 (midbass), midrange: 2 cadence cwm6.5's, 1 memphis pr 6.5 coax (kickplate), 1 cadence 4' coax (a-pillars)
    subs: 4 AQ HDC3 18'S, walled in a clamshell
    amps: subs: AB 500.1, looking for a second; midrange and midbass: 2 AP 1000.4

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    498 Post(s)

my bad i was looking for it on the web and thats what came up ,i'll look again its on consumer reports .com it states if the product is not working or isn't as described they're return policy is no good ,they have to refund your money if you want.

ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE

whitedragon551 is offline Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mylows10 View Post
    agreed ! but there is a law i believe for consumers that protects them from companys that say no refunds.the alt was sold as a direct fit in which it wasn't,and this law states that no matter what the companies return or refund policy is all consumers have the right to a full refund if not completely satisfied with said product. real issue should have been not so much about if it worked or not but was it what he was told it was [direct fit ,no mods] and it wasn't in his case.i was there when it was mounted.

1st: He said he was out of money a week after he bought it. Right after he tried to get his money back from Mechman.
    2nd: Mechman offered to fix said broken alt under warranty and he didnt want to
    3rd: He filed a charge back for no reason and defrauded the company.

Maybe if he would have said that to begin with he could have returned it, but he didnt. His story snowballed out of control making your post the worst rebuttal in the history of this thread.

CA.com FAQ's
    CA.com TOS Agreement
    Forum Rules

HU: ///Alpine 9887, KCE-400BT, KCE-433IV, KTX-100EQ Imprint, 8Gb iPod Touch
    Front Mids: Eclipse SC6500
    Front Tweeters: Morel made Xtant 28MM Silks
    Subs: Audiomobile Evo 10" TC2+
    Enclosure: 1.1 Cubes sealed with 10 Ounces Poly Fill
    Amp: Audio Systems Twister F6 380 III

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    498 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whitedragon551 View Post
    1st: He said he was out of money a week after he bought it. Right after he tried to get his money back from Mechman.
    2nd: Mechman offered to fix said broken alt under warranty and he didnt want to
    3rd: He filed a charge back for no reason and defrauded the company.

Maybe if he would have said that to begin with he could have returned it, but he didnt. His story snowballed out of control making your post the worst rebuttal in the history of this thread.
    agreed he just went about the whole thing the wrong way,you live and learn.but he is a nice kid i did meet him a while back ,i think he was just pissed at the whole incident and jumped to conclusions before he talked to mechman first.lesson learned ,do your homework first before you start spending your cash.

NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE

kushy_dreams is offline The resident hippie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

better yet be aware of murphys law and have extra cash in case of any unforseen problems and if you dont then its time to reprioritize your wants and needs

13 Dodge Dart Rallye 1.4T

http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/forum.php<

BOYCOTT SKAR AUDIO! SHADY BUSINESS PRACTICES SHOULD NEVER BE ENCOURAGED!

MECHMAN is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Or simply CALL US when there is a problem. We help people with installs every day, while it's not hard to replace an alternator people do need assistance at times.
    On the 2000 Wrangler he purchased this unit to fit it is on the passenger side on the top of the bracket, not on the bottom like the earlier models. This is an easy install, but in the event of problems he should have contacted us for technical assistance.

I still have yet to hear from Brandon in response to this thread, I expect him to drop his charge-back claim or risk prosecution. He has claimed his father is a cop, I am sure that his father would not stand for this type of behavior from his son and will fully understand that the parents are financially liable for the fraud committed by their minor child when it involves accounts that they would have signed to open.

This is an unfortunate situation and one that should never have gone this far, reasonable people send in their units for inspection and testing, possibly repair, not start threads titled "**** Mechman" before ever even talking to one of us here about his issue and then attempting to defraud this business. He has also mentioned in the other thread that Sleeze had a problem with us, that problem was not with us or our unit, it was a unit that he bought from another member here and while it would bolt to his vehicle the regulators were not compatible. This had NOTHING to do with Mechman and is another example of how people can spread inaccurate statements to try to raise support. I have provided facts and evidence to back up everything I have stated in both threads and I hope that Brandon does the right thing.

Builder of alternators.

www.mechman.com
    865-522-6166
    1-800-MECHMAN

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Re: Buyer Beware: Bassin Brandon/Tarantula Lemur

well , i will stand up and say that he bought a amplifier off of me for a sizable amount of money. and i had NOT ONE PROBLEM during the transaction.

Sleeklsc is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

I know you won't beable to say much once/if you have to prosecute but i'm sure we'd all love to know the end result. This kid is a complete moron for not taking quicker action to cancel it. And his daddy being a cop(prob a lie) has absolutly 0 pull when getting sued. This isn't a parking ticket Brandon.....

Ref's:1. Midwestcustoms 1.5. Desertheat 2. Mjbailey 3. Terryracing86 4. Sickmint79 5. Untouchable11 6. mattj 7. Ssweet96 8. Kool9accord 9.Kristinspapi10. Kmhogan224 11. Alpine3612 -x3- 12. Vectork39 13. Livinlife 14.Chriscivic 15. Violentraptor 16. Ricky616 17. Bassaddictj 18.orioles26 19.Khail19 20. jak3th3snak311 21. Myjaja 22. Springy101 x2 23. Ali1 24. Privatepastry 25. Plus about 10+ more..

hispls is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mylows10 View Post
    There are various "Implied Warranties" on anything you buy (depending on state laws) which cannot be negated. Generally they include that the merchant has the legal ownership/authority to sell the product (it isn't stolen or someone elses), and that it is fit for the purpose that it was intended, and will reasonably conform to an ordinary buyers expectations unless specifically disclaimed ("as-is", or "with all faults").

Considering the "Mechanic" couldn't figure out how to use a DMM and didn't even read the instructions to figure out that the unit needed to be grounded I would be very suspcious of said mechanic's claim that the alternator didn't fit right.

IF the alternator actually didn't work you would have a warranty claim, IF you took it to a legitimate mechanic and it didn't fit you would have a claim. Even if either was the case, you paid the money for a HO alternator and the terms were pretty clear. No fefunds is pretty specific, the best you could ask within the law is a functioning alternator.

The kid who did the chargeback is a liar, a thief, and a scammer and IMO should be banned from this forum. His intention to defraud paypal and mechman and to injure mechman with his actions are clearly stated by him in his own words. This is the kind of dirtbag we don't need around here or in the hobby in general.

14. Thanks VWBobby thanked for this post
    hispls is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bassin Buick View Post
    well , i will stand up and say that he bought a amplifier off of me for a sizable amount of money. and i had NOT ONE PROBLEM during the transaction.
    Just imagine if his "mechanic" hooked it up for him and couldn't get it to work or broke it. Judging by his behavior and attitude displayed in this fiasco how do you think that would have worked out?

cyn
    cyn is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

AS far as state laws with refunds there is very few states that actually have this law. Cali is one that you can get a refund on no matter what the issue is. But only if Seller and Buyer both resides in the state. Whatever state YOU the consumer buys from, is the state that you will be dealing with in the refund law issue.

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast