Closed Thread
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Reload Thread: Buyer Beware: Bassin Brandon/Tarantula Lemur

MECHMAN is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Re: Buyer Beware: Tarantula Lemur

Here's something I want to add to this whole mess in regards to the alternator not charging. I didn't point it out in the first thread, figured if anyone actually read the email he sent me that the obvious clue to what was wrong would jump right out. Check out the bold-
    Quote Originally Posted by Email from Brandon aka. Tarantula Lemur aka. Bassin Brandon

This is an enquiry e-mail via Welcome to Mechman! from:
    Brandon Aenlle <brandon@aenllefamily.com>

I purchased a High Output Alternator from you awhile back. It was customized for a 2000 Jeep Wrangler, 4L 6Cylinder. It was made for 250A. To start off, the alternator did not even fit in my car, which it was supposedly custom made to fit...The mechanic had to grind part of my car away so the alternator would fit.....Next, after the mechanic gets everything hooked up and we turn on my car and I notice the gauge is not sitting at 14 volts, so we adjusted the alternator to run a higher voltage thinking maybe it was too low, and we ended up twisting that screw all the way in, and all the way out and had no change in voltage. We used a Voltmeter to see if the alternator was putting anything out and the reading came out to 0V........I was charged 100$ to put in this alternator that was supposed to be custom to my car, but instead I had to pay more for the mechanic to grind away my car so I could fit this "supposedly custom alternator". The last time I checked custom means it was made to fit my car. However I had to end up modifying my car to make it fit? I don't see how that means custom.....I ended up having to drive my car around with a busted alternator the rest of the day because I would have been charged another 100$ to put the stock alternator back in.....
    I was very inconvenienced by this, and very disappointed with this alternator. Not only did it not fit my car and I had to grind my car to make it fit, it then didn't work. That is two faults on your side. I had to use all of my money to make this alternator fit my car, I have absolutely no money now. I would like a compensation for the costs that I endured to get this alternator to actually fit in my car. I feel that it is only fair as this alternator should have fit my car without ANY modifications. I have absolutely no money now, so you will need to pay for the return shipping, that is also fair. I am also asking for a refund as I would rather not have to deal with this again. I have many friends who are pleased with your work, but this just completely changed my view on your company. Please call me so we can discuss.

-Brandon
    6**-***-**** (phone number not shown to protect privacy)
    If you check the voltage at the Alt + on a properly connected alternator it will show battery voltage with the key on or off. Showing 0v indicates that either the cable to the battery was not properly connected or the unit was not grounded. In the thread slamming Mechman started by Brandon a couple weeks ago I pointed out that the unit was not properly installed, the reading of 0v is your first clue. No ground = no voltage. The brackets we use to adapt this unit to his Jeep are powdercoated and will NOT ground the unit properly. We provide a ground stud and properly sized lug with the unit along with instructions and a tag explaining that upgraded cables and ground are required.

Here's the findings from the inspection of Brandon's unit to go along with the video I posted earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Letter to Brandon from Eric at Mechman
    9/19/2011
    Brandon,
    We received your alternator today and we inspected it and tested it on our dyno. It functions properly and has not apparent problems. The amperage produced is within spec as is the charging voltage when directly tested using the internal regulator. Connecting the AVBM harness has it charging as well, but the voltage was elevated indicating attempt had been made to adjust. We noticed that there was marking on the back where one of the positive cables had shorted to the case of the alternator. Remember that ALL batteries MUST be disconnected before removing or installing your alternator.
    One problem with the install that I noticed was the fact that the ground lug was not used. This unit MUST have a 1/0 cable run from the provided ground lug directly to the primary battery under the hood. Without this cable it will NOT turn on as the unit does not ground well through the powdercoat on the adapter brackets. Be sure to have a properly fused 1/0 cable from the alternator output stud to the positive post of the primary battery as well, your factory charge wire will not hold up to the increased amperage output of this unit.
    Included with your alternator will be another copy of the instructions. The instructions will detail how to connect the power to your vehicle and how to properly adjust the AVBM harness on your vehicle. If you have questions about how to adjust this harness call or email with the unit still on the vehicle so that we can assist you in the proper installation and adjustment.
    As you will note in the instructions you can change the wiring in the AVBM harness. If your unit will not turn on then you may need to reverse the wires in the AVBM harness. The green wire on the alternator side of the AVBM harness is the one that gets key-on power, it may be the green wire on the vehicle harness end, it may not. If you do not have charging power when you start the car off and reverse the wires. This means it can be green-green and white-white OR green-white and white-green. It does not make a difference as long as the green wire on the ALTERNATOR end has key-on power.
    I would suspect that the test failure on the parts store bench was due to one of two things, the wire to the AVBM was not powered properly (see explanation below) or the regulator tested over spec voltage. When the unit was received it was charging at 18.1v which would be the result of turning the screw in the AVBM in an attempt to turn up the charging voltage. If the wiring in the AVBM harness is not connected as instructed it will not charge.
    If you have any questions or need technical assistance call (865)522-6166 or email eric@mechman.com. If you need technical assistance DO NOT remove the alternator, we will need it on your car in order to be able to assist you.
    We are available Monday through Friday from 9am to 6pm, closed weekends and holidays.
    Thank you,
    Eric
    Mechman Alternators
    We have done everything in our power at this time to satisfy Brandon as a customer. We have provided an alternator that produces the advertised power to fit his vehicle that functions properly. Improper installation was the problem here, I have provided proof and expect Brandon to do the right thing at this point. The right thing would be to apologize for the countless posts slamming Mechman with no justification on this forum, Facebook and anywhere else he posted, contact his bank and stop the charge-back, and end his false claims on the internet. Making false statements is not only in bad character, but it can also be used against him in his future aspirations. It's better to start doing things right at 17 than having to learn the hard way once an adult. Stopping the charge-back will stop me from having to pursue legal action against him and his legal guardians, something I do not want to do but when someone commits fraud and it costs me money I will pursue.

Builder of alternators.

www.mechman.com
    865-522-6166
    1-800-MECHMAN

hispls is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MECHMAN View Post
    Here's something I want to add to this whole mess in regards to the alternator not charging. I didn't point it out in the first thread, figured if anyone actually read the email he sent me that the obvious clue to what was wrong would jump right out. Check out the bold-

If you check the voltage at the Alt + on a properly connected alternator it will show battery voltage with the key on or off. Showing 0v indicates that either the cable to the battery was not properly connected or the unit was not grounded. In the thread slamming Mechman started by Brandon a couple weeks ago I pointed out that the unit was not properly installed, the reading of 0v is your first clue. No ground = no voltage. The brackets we use to adapt this unit to his Jeep are powdercoated and will NOT ground the unit properly. We provide a ground stud and properly sized lug with the unit along with instructions and a tag explaining that upgraded cables and ground are required.

Here's the findings from the inspection of Brandon's unit to go along with the video I posted earlier.

We have done everything in our power at this time to satisfy Brandon as a customer. We have provided an alternator that produces the advertised power to fit his vehicle that functions properly. Improper installation was the problem here, I have provided proof and expect Brandon to do the right thing at this point. The right thing would be to apologize for the countless posts slamming Mechman with no justification on this forum, Facebook and anywhere else he posted, contact his bank and stop the charge-back, and end his false claims on the internet. Making false statements is not only in bad character, but it can also be used against him in his future aspirations. It's better to start doing things right at 17 than having to learn the hard way once an adult. Stopping the charge-back will stop me from having to pursue legal action against him and his legal guardians, something I do not want to do but when someone commits fraud and it costs me money I will pursue.

Sleeklsc is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

He still hasn't cancled the chargeback? Does he not realize that if you are forced to recover you're money by other means that he'll be responsible for your costs aswell.

Ref's:1. Midwestcustoms 1.5. Desertheat 2. Mjbailey 3. Terryracing86 4. Sickmint79 5. Untouchable11 6. mattj 7. Ssweet96 8. Kool9accord 9.Kristinspapi10. Kmhogan224 11. Alpine3612 -x3- 12. Vectork39 13. Livinlife 14.Chriscivic 15. Violentraptor 16. Ricky616 17. Bassaddictj 18.orioles26 19.Khail19 20. jak3th3snak311 21. Myjaja 22. Springy101 x2 23. Ali1 24. Privatepastry 25. Plus about 10+ more..

disturbed471985 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbcaprice305 View Post
    He still hasn't cancled the chargeback? Does he not realize that if you are forced to recover you're money by other means that he'll be responsible for your costs aswell.
    I don't think he understand that if mechman decides to pursue charges on him or his parents that once it’s started there is not stopping it. Brandon has the chance to stop the charge back and this whole issue will be squashed but once mech takes the step to pursue him there is no stopping it. It will be out of mechmans hands at that time and even they want be able to stop it. He can either wise up real quick or he better be prepared to fork over a massive amount of money on lawyer fee's and what not.

RIP Maynard "My heart"

HU - Eclipse CD7000
    Front Stage - 5 Silver flute 6.5's - 6 Seas Prestige tweets Soon to be FS
    Front Stage amp - DB Drive A7 125.4 For Sale In amp section
    Subwoofer - 3 Skar VVX 10's & 2 TRF Blacks For Sale in Sub Section
    Subwoofer Amp - 2 - Skar SK-2500's & Sundown 5k & 2 Nendo bc2000's For Sale in Amp section
    Box - 4.25cf tuned to 30hz using a 6" internal aero 15" long.. Free
    Wiring - Knukonceptz everything, Big 3, Sprinter S12V370F & HC1800 Soon to be all FS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

lol, He did say that his girlfriend's little sister installed it. That pretty much explains this whole ordeal.

1)Why the alt appeared to not work
    2) His inability to make the right decision

All girls are whores, just ask your mom how you got here.

Feedback Thread
    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/407829-blackfx4intn-feedback-thread.html

i2ain2thunder is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

IMO anything less than 100% openess and honesty in a business transaction is scamming.

If you are displeased with a product ask for a refund its that simple isn't it. I mean they have a gaurentee that would be denied because it was improper install not defective part....but they still prob have a return policy. Did anyone ever try to work it out this way?

MECHMAN is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

We have a warranty on all of our units, we build each unit to order and this unit was built for his specific application. We do not refund units that are custom built, we have a warranty to insure that they fit and perform properly. Unit fails under warranty, it gets sent to us, we test and repair and send it back out. 9 out of 10 get shipped back out the SAME DAY as they arrive for repair.
    No contact was made at any time prior to the email he sent at approximately the same time as he started the **** Mechman thread. This was a Saturday morning of a 3-day weekend. We contacted Brandon immediately upon reading his email when we returned to work on Saturday. He at no time made any attempt to receive technical assistance from Mechman. If he had done so the unit would be on his Jeep and functioning properly as I have tested the unit and found the failure to be related to improper installation, NOT the function or performance of the Mechman alternator.
    The purchase was made approximately 3 months before his complaint and no discussion was made with us prior to his posting of the **** Mechman thread. He gave us no opportunity to provide technical assistance, he simply emailed me and started a thread on this site.
    At this time I have every intention of pursuing this to the fullest extent of the law. I have provided proof that the unit was improperly installed and proof that it functions as advertised. I have provided explanations for how I came to this conclusion and have offered my technical assistance for the installation of this unit. I have provided a unit that functions as advertised, the very same model we use here on the 97 TJ. There is nothing more I can offer at this time.

The next move is on him, if I see a charge back on our account I will have it investigated for fraud, contact law enforcement and contact his guardians. I will provide them with all of the supporting documentation in regards to this matter.

Builder of alternators.

www.mechman.com
    865-522-6166
    1-800-MECHMAN

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Brandon should try to get his money back from his "mechanic" for not knowoing what they are doing and charging for an improper install. I mean comon how do you unproperly install an alt. Well a little off topic, but if he wasn't asking for extra money for shipping or to pay for his mechanic work and he just said he's unsatisfied with the alt would you consider doing a refund for it? Just asking out of curiosity.

mast240 is offline YOU'RE A HOOKER!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by i2ain2thunder View Post
    Brandon should try to get his money back from his "mechanic" for not knowoing what they are doing and charging for an improper install. I mean comon how do you unproperly install an alt. Well a little off topic, but if he wasn't asking for extra money for shipping or to pay for his mechanic work and he just said he's unsatisfied with the alt would you consider doing a refund for it? Just asking out of curiosity.
    I dont really see that question being answered, in all honesty. dont think we're going to see more develop on this, unless mechman keeps us up to date.

NEW TO CAR AUDIO? READ THIS FIRST... http://www.caraudio.com/forums/general-discussion/532425-new-car-audio-read-first.html
    the loudest montero sport around
    head unit: toshiba thrive 10.1" android tablet/ Kenwood KVT-516
    front stage: each door: 1 8' RF p1 (midbass), midrange: 2 cadence cwm6.5's, 1 memphis pr 6.5 coax (kickplate), 1 cadence 4' coax (a-pillars)
    subs: 4 AQ HDC3 18'S, walled in a clamshell
    amps: subs: AB 500.1, looking for a second; midrange and midbass: 2 AP 1000.4

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't care if it isn't I said it's only for curiosity. I'm very particular about which people/companies I do business with. I always appreciate someone who will make a sacrifice of income for customer service. It is tricky to handle returns and unsatisfied customers at times. Sometimes a company has the right to not issue a refund and will anyways in order to maintain a higher customer service presence than is legally required. I come from an old scool way of thinking I guess. That old fashioned the customer is always right. Customers may seem extremely incompetant at times and it's the way in which these people are treated that helps me make up my mind on a company. Let me just add I think Mechman has done a pretty good job with handling this what with taking the unit back, testing it, makeing sure it works well and sending it back along with an in depth explanation of why it didn't work for the customer and offering technical assistance.

sacsking916 is offline stayin high an loud

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I don't care if it isn't I said it's only for curiosity. I'm very particular about which people/companies I do business with. I always appreciate someone who will make a sacrifice of income for customer service. It is tricky to handle returns and unsatisfied customers at times. Sometimes a company has the right to not issue a refund and will anyways in order to maintain a higher customer service presence than is legally required. I come from an old scool way of thinking I guess. That old fashioned the customer is always right. Customers may seem extremely incompetant at times and it's the way in which these people are treated that helps me make up my mind on a company. Let me just add I think Mechman has done a pretty good job with handling this what with taking the unit back, testing it, makeing sure it works well and sending it back along with an in depth explanation of why it didn't work for the customer and offering technical assistance.
    Thats the problem, i dont care who you are the customer is not always right. mechman has already said they dont offer refunds just repairs for warranty work and such. i dont see why the thought of a refund keeps coming up. it is what it is, there isnt any other alternatives or ways around how mechmans warranty works. too bad brandon had to learn how the adult/real world (whatever you wanna call it) works.

TEAM AUDIO TECHNIX
    TEAM SSC
    TEAM CADENCE
    Sold to: imtjnotu; ace_800; omegabunny crazykenkid Bought from: El_weenie; fasfocus00; retroaudioinc; f1mclarenagr; jason19; tone415; twizted859; noph33rracing; tony30cl; carlosg_313 Traded with: Micah_Jones; MikeOfTulsa
    Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Apparently I was called out, or called a goat fucker, or something. I really have no idea. Im just along for the ride at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXBMPN View Post
    King James has nothing on King Sac!

Sleeklsc is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sacsking916 View Post
    Thats the problem, i dont care who you are the customer is not always right. mechman has already said they dont offer refunds just repairs for warranty work and such. i dont see why the thought of a refund keeps coming up. it is what it is, there isnt any other alternatives or ways around how mechmans warranty works. too bad brandon had to learn how the adult/real world (whatever you wanna call it) works.
    Amen.

Ref's:1. Midwestcustoms 1.5. Desertheat 2. Mjbailey 3. Terryracing86 4. Sickmint79 5. Untouchable11 6. mattj 7. Ssweet96 8. Kool9accord 9.Kristinspapi10. Kmhogan224 11. Alpine3612 -x3- 12. Vectork39 13. Livinlife 14.Chriscivic 15. Violentraptor 16. Ricky616 17. Bassaddictj 18.orioles26 19.Khail19 20. jak3th3snak311 21. Myjaja 22. Springy101 x2 23. Ali1 24. Privatepastry 25. Plus about 10+ more..

mast240 is offline YOU'RE A HOOKER!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

In all honesty, if i was in this situation with said persons... i wouldn't offer a refund either... i understand extending curtosies sometimes, but that is really dependant on the situation... and in this one, i would agree with mechman and say, NOPE

NEW TO CAR AUDIO? READ THIS FIRST... http://www.caraudio.com/forums/general-discussion/532425-new-car-audio-read-first.html
    the loudest montero sport around
    head unit: toshiba thrive 10.1" android tablet/ Kenwood KVT-516
    front stage: each door: 1 8' RF p1 (midbass), midrange: 2 cadence cwm6.5's, 1 memphis pr 6.5 coax (kickplate), 1 cadence 4' coax (a-pillars)
    subs: 4 AQ HDC3 18'S, walled in a clamshell
    amps: subs: AB 500.1, looking for a second; midrange and midbass: 2 AP 1000.4

whitedragon551 is offline Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

A company that makes custom electronic components is supposed to extend a customer service courtesy and lose money to you because you spent money you didnt have and then claimed the product didnt work? Dont think so. I cant think of a single company that would accept a custom anything back for a refund.

CA.com FAQ's
    CA.com TOS Agreement
    Forum Rules

HU: ///Alpine 9887, KCE-400BT, KCE-433IV, KTX-100EQ Imprint, 8Gb iPod Touch
    Front Mids: Eclipse SC6500
    Front Tweeters: Morel made Xtant 28MM Silks
    Subs: Audiomobile Evo 10" TC2+
    Enclosure: 1.1 Cubes sealed with 10 Ounces Poly Fill
    Amp: Audio Systems Twister F6 380 III

thevic24 is offline my silence is deadly...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If I were the manufacture....maybe and just maybe if the unit and any extra parts were NEVER installed...."test fitting" included.
    But once installed (specially with custom built parts...) Once installed, no.

Just like performance parts for your car. Buy an intake manifold for your 69 mustang, install it and then decide "I need the Torker II instead of this RPM" and trying to return it.....not happening.

Silently stalking you through glass....

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast