Closed Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Reload Thread: Buyer Beware: Bassin Brandon/Tarantula Lemur

kushy_dreams is offline The resident hippie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Re: Buyer Beware: Bassin Brandon/Tarantula Lemur

I am taking a business law class right now and though it mainly focuses on title VII of the civil rights act, from what I have learned in other law classes and seen on here, Mechman has a very strong case and all the evidence points in his/their favor.

Brandon is f ucked!

Are defamation and fraud the same thing in California?

Normally when you go after someone with charges you try and generate a list and hope that something sticks. Thats why you always see the defendant brought up on multiple charges. But I'm sure your lawyers know that

13 Dodge Dart Rallye 1.4T

http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/forum.php<

BOYCOTT SKAR AUDIO! SHADY BUSINESS PRACTICES SHOULD NEVER BE ENCOURAGED!

cthedinger is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cthedinger View Post
    How long ago did Brandon purchase the alternator?
    Anyone?

My PM's are disabled. Email me at Coleman@AudioTechnix.com

Audio Technix Sound Deadener only $2.40 a sq ft
    AudioTechnix.Com
    Audio Technix Sound Deadener
    "Like" us on Facebook http://Facebook.com/AudioTechnix

slammedincouch is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cthedinger View Post
    Anyone?
    Believe, but don't quote me on this, it was June or July when the alt was purchased. I want to say June

Massive RK6's Front Stage (One set per door) > 07zx650.4
    Hertz HSK 165s in the trunk > Alpine 3542
    (6) 10" Sundown SA-10s > Kicker Warhorse
    Knu Krystal RCAs > lot's o' 0 gauge + Batts > Mechman 270a Alt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by slammedincouch View Post
    Believe, but don't quote me on this, it was June or July when the alt was purchased. I want to say June
    This is what I thought also. I do believe Mechman said in the **** Mechman thread that he had the alt for 3 months before making the thread. That thread is now gone so I could not check for myself.

A few things about all of this just do not make sense to me. I am not defending Mechman or Brandon I could honestly careless what happends with all of this. That being said I do not remember Brandon mentioning anything about paying with PayPal in the **** Mechman thread. Once again I cannot check this because the thread is now gone. This is why he was going to do a charge back on his credit card. Yes he could have still paid with a credit card through PayPal but I find it weird that I do not remember Brandon mentioning PayPal. Another thing that I find weird is that if he has had the alt for 3 months/ 90 days before opening up a PayPal claim the claim should have been automatically denied.

PayPal's Safety and protection policies

The PayPal Buyer Protection Policy states that the customer may file a buyer complaint within 45 days if they did not receive an item or if the item they purchased was significantly not as described. If the buyer used a credit card, they might get a refund via chargeback from their credit-card company. However, in the UK, where such a purchaser is entitled to specific statutory protections (that the credit card company is a second party to the purchase and is therefore equally liable in law if the other party defaults or goes into liquidation) under Section 75 Consumer Credit Act 1977, the purchaser loses this legal protection if the card payment is processed via PayPal.
    According to PayPal, it protects sellers in a limited fashion via the Seller Protection Policy.[52] In general the Seller Protection Policy is intended to protect the seller from certain kinds of chargebacks or complaints if seller meets certain conditions including proof of delivery to the buyer. PayPal states the Seller Protection Policy is "designed to protect sellers against claims by buyers of unauthorized payments and against claims of non-receipt of any merchandise". The policy includes a list of "Exclusions" which itself includes "Intangible goods", "Claims for receipt of goods 'not as described'" and "Total reversals over the annual limit". There are also other restrictions in terms of the sale itself, the payment method and the destination country the item is shipped to (simply having a tracking mechanism is not sufficient to guarantee the Seller Protection Policy is in effect).[53] The PayPal Seller Protection Policy does not provide the additional consumer protection afforded by UK consumer legislation (e.g. Sale of Goods Act) and in addition it cannot be enforced in the Courts because PayPal operates from Luxembourg, outside all three of the UK legal jurisdictions.

AudioTechnix.Com

CHEMMINS is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Paypal claim was prolly denied, hence why the chargeback with the CC.

References:
    kmarei, ge_off_me, AudioPipe, slim2fattycake, Louisiana_CRX, ARMed&Bangin, EXTREMECHEVYMAN, Dpc69ss, Psychoacoustics, Shinju, jonny101abc, snoopdan

BUYING SILVER TOP TRF MOTORS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMMINS View Post
    Paypal claim was prolly denied, hence why the chargeback with the CC.
    From what has been said it looks like he first did the chargeback then cancelled it. Next he opened a PayPal claim. From what Mechman has recently said the PayPal claim is still open. If it has really been 3 months since the alt was purchased then the claim should have been automatically denied and should not still be open.

AudioTechnix.Com

CHEMMINS is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I think the ol timeline may have been off......lol.

References:
    kmarei, ge_off_me, AudioPipe, slim2fattycake, Louisiana_CRX, ARMed&Bangin, EXTREMECHEVYMAN, Dpc69ss, Psychoacoustics, Shinju, jonny101abc, snoopdan

BUYING SILVER TOP TRF MOTORS

MECHMAN is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Unit purchased on 06/13/2011.
    Paypal claim opened 10/08/2011.

I have proof from UPS that it was delivered back to his residence.
    I have email confirmation of the receipt of the package by Brandon.
    I have provided video of the test of the unit upon it's arrival showing that it functions properly.
    I have provided video and written explanation as to how his installation was improper and would cause the unit to not charge.
    I have proof that he attempted to defraud Mechman.
    I have proof that he conspired to defraud Mechman.

He said in his original email to me "We used a voltmeter to see if the alternator was putting anything out and the reading came out to 0v."
    This indicates the unit was not grounded. A dead alternator will still show voltage at the output stud, that's hooked to the battery, provided that it was GROUNDED. Touch a DMM to the output stud and case of the alternator and it will show battery voltage IF an only IF it is grounded and properly connected. The unit will not ground properly through the powdercoated brackets and he did not use the provided ground stud and copper lug to connect the required cables to this unit.

Builder of alternators.

www.mechman.com
    865-522-6166
    1-800-MECHMAN

9. Thanks Suicide Bobb thanked for this post
    I Like Waffle is offline Be Swangin'

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MECHMAN View Post
    He said in his original email to me "We used a voltmeter to see if the alternator was putting anything out and the reading came out to 0v."
    This indicates the unit was not grounded. A dead alternator will still show voltage at the output stud, that's hooked to the battery, provided that it was GROUNDED. Touch a DMM to the output stud and case of the alternator and it will show battery voltage IF an only IF it is grounded and properly connected. The unit will not ground properly through the powdercoated brackets and he did not use the provided ground stud and copper lug to connect the required cables to this unit.

THIS, in my opinion, is one of the most important things proving mechman right. Since brandon said this, no matter what else he says, he will always be wrong. Any ******* with basic knowledge should know if the alt is grounded it will read batt resting voltage at the terminal, seeing as its connected directly to the battery.

Im better than you.

hispls is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Why is that scammer not banned yet?

brodeisel is offline The Cool Newb

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

i thought he was banned

Bought from- pjc, boomsday, El Weenie, Sacsking, BassinBuick, Kangaroux
    Sold to- Mast240,

sacsking916 is offline stayin high an loud

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brodeisel View Post
    i thought he was banned
    hs is

TEAM AUDIO TECHNIX
    TEAM SSC
    TEAM CADENCE
    Sold to: imtjnotu; ace_800; omegabunny crazykenkid Bought from: El_weenie; fasfocus00; retroaudioinc; f1mclarenagr; jason19; tone415; twizted859; noph33rracing; tony30cl; carlosg_313 Traded with: Micah_Jones; MikeOfTulsa
    Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Apparently I was called out, or called a goat fucker, or something. I really have no idea. Im just along for the ride at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXBMPN View Post
    King James has nothing on King Sac!

14. Thanks hispls thanked for this post
    ColterDC is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kushy_dreams View Post
    Brandon is f ucked!
    I really doubt that.

I'm betting that as soon as his parent's find out about this they will take care of this. As a parent myself, I hope his parents have been informed of the entire situation, and not with the 1 sided information their son is sure to provide.

I'm sure Mechman or their attorney will send them a letter or give them a call before pursuing legal action because in all reality if Brandon and his parents want to ignore this and drag it through our wonderful court system, then it could be years before a judgement is reached and even then Mechman may never see a dime of their money back. As a parent of a minor you are held responsible for your child, but that really only extends so far. If your child murders someone, you don't go to jail unless it's proven that you either helped or through severe negligence allowed them to perform the action. For example, the parents of children that perform school shootings and murder students and faculty, don't go to jail.

Extreme example I know, but the point is that saying that the parents of a minor are responsible for any and all actions of their children is not 100% correct.

F-250 V10 Crew Cab with 6 inch lift
    Front and Rear Pioneer DVD screens. All stock speakers replaced with Kenwood speakers.
    2 Kenwood 10 inch subs. 2 Eclipse amps.

Mustang GT V8
    Pioneer HU. Mach 460 stereo system. 2 MTX 15 inch subs. 1 MA Audio amp.

Mercury Sable
    Pioneer HU. 2 Kenwood 10 inch subs. 1 SPL amp.

MECHMAN is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

The decision of Paypal will be what steers our course of action at this time. If they find in our favor we may just be inclined to let it rest, but if they find in his favor we can and will go after Brandon and the guardian responsible for the bank account used in this transaction. In California the parents will be held financially responsible. From there getting the money is actually fairly easy if you are patient and do a little background work first.

Builder of alternators.

www.mechman.com
    865-522-6166
    1-800-MECHMAN

Imtjnotu is offline Me Gusta Edition

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)

brandons bullshit......

Closed Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast