Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Sale agreement between Qbenjamin and Galant_916

Qbenjamin is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Sale agreement between Qbenjamin and Galant_916

Due to Galant_916 having low post and feedback scores, I agreed to pay him a $200 deposit for his DNX6960. He has agreed to ship out the unit and upon my receipt and inspection, I will pay the remaining balance.

Sold to Ref's: IonSQL; envengineer; BAD_MAYHEM; oxsign; dvrmstrng; corto; wong05tsx; mrdurden; dirtyg; Cheesemind; gladiator_jai; bumpincrv; nycking23; slikvik; Mr.Ronin_2U
    Traded with Ref's:: Spike_e; jnoel; Sundownz

Stock H/U; AudioControl Lc6i; Alpine PDX-V9; Focal Components & Coaxials; DD 2510; Ported Enclosure; Second Skin Damplifier Pro

What sounds good to you, may sound like crap to me...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: Sale agreement between Qbenjamin and Galant_916

Really? I cannot believe that this guy is taking me through a Paypal dispute process to give me a refund. Just to shed some light on the situation: I paid him $200 to ship a Kenwood DNX6960 to me, and upon receipt and inspection, I would pay the remaining balance of $250. I received the unit and noticed that the USB cable had been ripped from the back of it. Sent him a PM letting him know that this was something that should have been noted in the listing, as he says that it was clearly visible in the picture.

You can go back to the listing yourself, and you will see that the cable being ripped from the unit isn't noticeable unless you know what you are looking for. He said for me to file a dispute with Paypal to initiate the refund process? I told him that this was very unnecessary, and all he had to do was go and hit refund in the detail listing page. For some reason he decided to escalate the claim last night? All of this for a sale that he was trying to be sneaky about and not inform the buyer of a defect?

Definitely wouldn't buy from him again, not because of his reliability (Shipped promptly & carefully), but because of him not disclosing that something was wrong with the for sale item.

Sold to Ref's: IonSQL; envengineer; BAD_MAYHEM; oxsign; dvrmstrng; corto; wong05tsx; mrdurden; dirtyg; Cheesemind; gladiator_jai; bumpincrv; nycking23; slikvik; Mr.Ronin_2U

Stock H/U; AudioControl Lc6i; Alpine PDX-V9; Focal Components & Coaxials; DD 2510; Ported Enclosure; Second Skin Damplifier Pro

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He is making you do it that way because once he proves he shipped it, paypal will NOT give you a refund.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can you link me to his thread ?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Law.Lulz View Post
    He is making you do it that way because once he proves he shipped it, paypal will NOT give you a refund.
    That would be retarded on his behalf, as it appears to work fine except for the issue with the USB cord. I haven't had a chance to fully test it out, as I was wanting to send it back after I noticed the first issue.

Can you link me to his thread ?
    For sale thread can be found HERE

justafifteen is offline And that's the truth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is very true. I've received some busted ish (not from this site) before, and unfortunately I paid through paypal. Couldn't get a refund because, unless it's through eBay, Paypal "can't verify the condition of the item". As long as you received the item that you paid for, even if it's broken or not, you can't get a refund.

Feedback: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer...ck-thread.html
    The Ride: 1991 Spirit
    The Sub: AudioQue SDC2.5 15" (4.2cf @ 38hz)
    The Sub Amp: Audiopipe AP1500.1D
    The Front Stage: Pioneer TS-C1353 Components
    The Front Stage Amp: Pioneer GM-3300T

1rockford1 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

after the first post i said to my self hes gona get f-ed over some how. then i go to your second post op and there it was lol.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by justafifteen View Post
    This is very true. I've received some busted ish (not from this site) before, and unfortunately I paid through paypal. Couldn't get a refund because, unless it's through eBay, Paypal "can't verify the condition of the item". As long as you received the item that you paid for, even if it's broken or not, you can't get a refund.
    I hope that this isn't what it will boil down to, as I should have gone with my gut feeling and not paid this guy for this unit.

1rockford1 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qbenjamin View Post
    I hope that this isn't what it will boil down to, as I should have gone with my gut feeling and not paid this guy for this unit.
    u did get it for 200.00 right. u said it looks to work mayb u keep it and make the best of it.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1mtx1 View Post
    u did get it for 200.00 right. u said it looks to work mayb u keep it and make the best of it.
    I am going to try and hook it up to a speaker and fully test it out in a couple of hours. I just don't understand why he wouldn't disclose the USB being ripped from the unit. The DNX6960 isn't just a cheap in-dash unit. Nonetheless, he can refund me or lose the unit. I will not ship this back to him prior to being refunded. I will wait for Paypal to make their decision, and if they rule in his favor, I will just keep it and get it fixed I guess.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Surprising enough, Paypal ruled in my favor and refunded me the $200. I will send this back to him, and hope that he tries to honestly sell it to someone else. My total loss will be $11 (Return shipping).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You are a better person than me. I wouldve kept it because of the scamming attempt.

Vossy is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

I woulda just kept it

2 Sundown Z 12s
    2 AQ 2200s strapped @ 1
    Infinity 6030cs on a JBL GTO 75.4
    in a BMW e46

Youtube: www.youtube.com/diablo2369

kr15 is offline Polluting Residentials

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

My total loss will be $11 (Return shipping).
    you made off easy then, people been getting scammed big time around here lately

You are a better person than me. I wouldve kept it because of the scamming attempt.
    lolz

Team Flex Issues
    45s out the trunk..lowww

REFS- Supergumby5000, Lastcall, 919motoring, hippishake, daboyfromdabx (great seller), beach22

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ill give you $50 shipped for it. Then you are in the green = )

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast