Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Reload Thread: Beware of 1phatclipse!

F A T B O Y is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Beware of 1phatclipse!

The B.S started Jan 6, 2010.

Here is the first conversation. This started Jan 6, 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by 1phatclipse
    Quote Originally Posted by F A T B O Y
    I had to empty my messages so resend whatever you sent to me thanks
    Just wondering if you had any of the C&D batts left?
    how many you want? I may have a few hr500,s also
    Just one, man.
    no c&d,s just hr500,s which are better but I little more expensive I will sell you one of those for 140 shipped
    Are they new?
    no but they were used in a light ups application so they are just like new

Yeah dude i could do one for that price.
    paypal is XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX $140 Please do it as a gift so paypal doesnt dip their hands in it lol
    as soon as I see the cash I will order a shipping slip
    it will take a few days to get to me but I should be able to get it out this week...I only have a few of these left Thanks
    I'll send $145, but not as a gift. I want at least a small bit of insurance incase this thing arrives DOA.
    thats kool but just to let you know for future deals paypal has no love for ya lol I could send you a brick and they would rule in my favor as long as I had the tracking number saying something was deliverd to your crib from me thats just how they work the only time they cover items is through ebay ....or atleast thats my understanding of it.....I load test the batts before they go out so I know its not doa and if they damage it in shipping take pics of the damage send them to me and I will send you another and file a claim on the broken batt but if you feel safer then just pay the regular way and add the 5 thanks man
    Haha alright, i don't usually buy from forums like these, but i read somewhere that they usually rule in the buyers favor? But it may have been through eBay that they were talking about. But your reply kind of assured me you're not trying to jip me. Money is coming from my bank acct so i guess it takes a few days to get to you, just PM me when you get the money and ship it. Thanks man.
    Thats kool man and your right to be carefull buying on here never buy from someone who doesnt have lots of good pretty recent feedback..If you ever have a small doubt about someone just pm me and I will help you figure out whats up with them....If you have any questions you can even call me my numbers XXXXXXXXXX Shane Thanks

Money has been sent, thanks man.
    Thanks man and I will get it out asap
    Hey man i got someone else interested in one of the HR500's if you've got any more. He said just email him if you do.
    I got some and I emailed him

Finally on Jan 26 (20 days later), i contact him because i have yet to hear anything about it, and have yet to receive a battery.

He says it's been shipped and gives me the tracking number.

It finally arrives, a 115+ lb battery was packaged in a tide laundry detergent box, with less than a 1" surrounding of home insulation foam around it. Beat to hell and back, but the batt looked to be ok.

At this time, i put the battery in my shop (on a wooden battery rack) and checked the voltage. It was resting a 3.6v. I think to myself Hmmm... He said he tested them all to make sure they were charged, guess he missed one. And then wrote it off as it would need charged.

Then about a month ago i decide to finally install the battery so i begin to charge it. I charge it for ~5 hours on a 2amp trickle charge. I go to read the voltage and it's around 5-6v.

So i charge overnight, check the voltage in the AM and it's 7-8v. So i let it charge a few more hours and the voltage wasn't going any higher. So i disconnected my battery charger and left the DMM on, and 5-6 hours later the battery was resting at 3.6v.

Now i know how to use a batt charger, and i even used two different models to no success. I then try to contact him to let him know that the battery was junk... Here's the convo.

That battery you sent me was junk, man. When i got it it was resting at like 3v. I figured it was just dead. I finished my install and went to install the battery to go with it, and after a VERY long time on a 2amp charge (like two and a half days, me checking it every few hours) it wont charge past 11v. I turned my charger off this morning when the battery was at 11v, and now it's at 7v. Who knows how low it'll be in the morning.
    Then he asks me my shipping/paypal info, so i tell him. His reply after that is...

I load test every batt I ship out and I know it wasnt dead when you got it. Most batts leave here in the high 12,s none under 12.5
    and thats how I get them I dont have to charge them. You shouldnt have needed to charge it before installing it!
    You also said it was "3volts" when you got it ..well I just went out and put a volt meter to every battery I have , all the ones Im getting ready to ship out were over 12.6 I also checked a few others that Ive had sitting around for months that have been abused and set to the side dead and they still read over 9 volts
    So how could yours have been 3volts?... I dont know what you done to it . maybe your charger is messed up or you hooked it up wrong but I know it didnt arrive to you doa at 3volts
    Then i replied...

I know how to use a charger. The batt was resting at 3.8v when it came in a beat up, barely insulated package.

Just as it's resting at 4.6v today, which I'm sure when i go back out tomorrow it'll be about 3.8.

And i think you knew you were selling me a junk batt.

You told me "i only have one HR500 left, no C&D's." when you just bumped your thread with the last two C&D batteries. And you made a thread on CACO selling HR and HX500's, after you told me you only had one HR500 left, and charged me more than you were charging people for newer HX500's?
    To which he replied....

If i said i only had 1 hr500 left then it was before i knew i could get more hr500,s
    and I know it had plenty packing if it didnt it would be in pieces.
    Im not hard to get along with as most people know but I hate *******s I got no respect for them and thats how your coming off to me saying all this bull **** and being an ******* about the situation
    If you wouldve played it cool you would be getting another batt shipped to you but as of now I dont really give a ****
    To which i replied...

I'm being an *******? I simply let you know that you sent me a bad battery.

I'm not lying when i say it was packed terribly either, man. A 100+ lb battery was packed in a single Tide detergent box with less than 1" around it in insulating foam.
    Now i'm not complaining about the shipping because somehow UPS got it to me without a scratch.

And that was after a had to wait and wait for you to ship it out.

And now i sent you a message, telling you the battery you sent me was junk. Your reply was some douche-baggy response telling me "i don't know what you did to it" and "maybe you hooked it up backwards or something" with absolutely no mention of refund/partial refund/replacement.

You're coming off to me as something beyond an *******.

Put yourself in my shoes. I'm 18, working some BS part time job dumping every dime i get into my system. I find a ******* deal on a battery, send the money that night. When i send the money i have to wait and wait before you ship it, and then when you ship it it's junk. So that's $140 down the drain for me, which could have been 75% of a kinetik 2000. And now i let you know you sent me a 100+ lb paperweight and you come back defensive telling me you don't know how i ****ed it up, but i did? Who's coming off as the *******, man?

He's just not replying now.
    That was well over a week ago, and he's been online and posting since then. He's now avoiding me.

He sent me a junk battery, and i think he knew it was that way because he thought he'd get over on me cause i've only posted on CA a few times. He told me that was his last one, when he had HX500's, more HR500's, and the C&D i was looking for originally.

hatedonmostly is offline throwin' hunnits, hunnits

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Beware of 1phatclipse!

Uh oh...

k3n12ock is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

tl;dr. glws. ttt.

CACO:
    http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/itrader.php?u=2073

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I mean, it's only $140 but that's a big chunk to me haha. And i tried to be civil i'm not sure what i said in my PM that set him off. Hate to put his name out like this but ****.

slam is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

another batt scam I see

grimreper912003 is offline <- getting a jAy eL 21W8

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fatpat vol 2

Bought/trade: TheLow, Nova76, nate2587, Black3SQ, hessdawg, Rockmo, kovemaster559, GearGuy2001, Bones22, dbman150, notoriousroc1, fasfocus00, canyouhearmatt, pelekeliko, Plyer3, justadork2u, sundownz,kasimo420, Zeuslicious, reynardmc22, Haunz, ciaonzo x2, 350Regal x2, Worstenemy453, woofercooker x2, annarbor84, 99Bonney, K_Schutte + MORE

Sold to: illbmeubu, MTXman, sctattooer, MTX520, AlexJB, dropped mazda, annarbor84
    Nova76 Scammer

Quote Originally Posted by Worstenemy453 View Post
    Lmao i texted him to tell him bout a thread and he said, cant lulz, im at a tity bar. You ********* lulz.

Jh8909 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ive talked to phateclipse before and he was a nice guy. hopefully everything gets worked out.

REFS: Ridinhi, --Navi--, gboo559, sojiaraggs9000, usampsman, 9515Rob, GetLikeMe, sojiaraggs9000, ButtaMax, RJesus, Twank06"GTO', speedfreak28

Bought from, Sold To

^there is a lot more i haven't listed by the way

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jh8909 View Post
    Ive talked to phateclipse before and he was a nice guy. hopefully everything gets worked out.
    Thanks man, and yeah at first he seemed like a real cool dude (when i was sending him money)

But when i get one problem it all changes.

Sounds like Steve Miller haha

michaellane is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jh8909 View Post
    ive spoke to him also...he is a tad strange IMO and seems kinda shady. i even sold my sub local for less then he offered me because of this. post pics of your battery and testing it. he cant argue with that. also id make a scammer thread if i was you. im not saying the guy isnt kool on most parts im just saying he rubbed me the wrong way.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/414807-michaellane-feedback-if-i-bought-you-traded-i-sold-you-something.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yeah... suks. sry fatts man.... that totally blows, I can say that FATBOY is a reputable guy. he's a strait forward dude, if he says the battery is busted, then its just that. BUSTED. and a replacement or something to make it right should be offered!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Even if it was at 12v when he got it, what could the OP possibly do to discharge it all the way down to 3.5 and not bring it back up?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by michaellane View Post
    ive spoke to him also...he is a tad strange IMO and seems kinda shady. i even sold my sub local for less then he offered me because of this. post pics of your battery and testing it. he cant argue with that. also id make a scammer thread if i was you. im not saying the guy isnt kool on most parts im just saying he rubbed me the wrong way.
    I kinda felt this way too, talking to him...

dbeez is offline Supporting Vendor dbeez is a Supporting Member of the forum!

dbeez is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

**** man should have just bought a deka from me..

2002 suburban
    Security System Code alarm
    Electrical Dc power sp270 7 deka 9A31's and lots of 1/0
    Headunit pioneer 880prs
    Amps 2 Sax125.2 front stage crossfire xs8k@.5
    Wiring lots of 1/0 stinger, tsunami
    Mids & Tweeters 2 sets cdt m6+ mids 2 sets cdt tw25 tweets
    Subs 2-18" nightshade v2's d2
    System DetailsDaily driver.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Pics are uploading...

kmanian is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Phat,

Do the right thing and send the guy another batt. I personally don't think how you took his comments should have a thing to do with how you treat a customer. I would have him ship the battery back, of you want, maybe split the shipping on the return. But you are selling used batteries, and to say that all the other ones are good, means very little as this may be the one in a hundred that is a POS. Either way, you know the chances of having to deal with a situation like this are there when you deal in these types of things, so man up and send the kid another battery on the double. He kept up his end of the deal, you got a working $140, give the guy a working battery.

Not answering him or dealing with the situation will not make it go away, and infact makes you look like a bigger ***.

That is all.

Mine is bigger than yours!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast