Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Reload Thread: Beware of 1phatclipse!

kmanian is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Re: Beware of 1phatclipse!

Quote Originally Posted by l4yfr4me View Post
    Uh, if it didn't get to the buyer in the condition as described, it's the fault of the seller. PERIOD. Sorry that your emotions are getting in the way.
    we don't know if it got there ok or not PERIOD!

Mine is bigger than yours!

basebalz13 is offline D-money

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

exaclty, it took the OP how long to get in contact after the arrival date ?

Team Cactus Sounds, Team SHOK elite, Team Second Skin, Team Mechman, Team XS power, Team Sundown

Team GroundShakaz (MECA team I started)

Quote Originally Posted by mayo_bryan View Post
    i saw david's work , impressed !!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Loudman View Post
    And so were the judges!!!:lol: Sorry man, that was so insensitive of me!! I've been there before!!

hatedonmostly is offline throwin' hunnits, hunnits

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Resting at 3v? That battery has been long, LONG dead.

basebalz13 is offline D-money

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This reminds me of when I got called a Scammer over on SMD. Because I sold a mod a head unit, and 6 months later he finaly decides to hook it up supposidly and it didnt work. and tried calling me a scammer. Then later one of his buddies says it had been sitting outside in the shed in a damp area and all this ****...so yeah.

Team Cactus Sounds, Team SHOK elite, Team Second Skin, Team Mechman, Team XS power, Team Sundown

Team GroundShakaz (MECA team I started)

Quote Originally Posted by mayo_bryan View Post
    i saw david's work , impressed !!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Loudman View Post
    And so were the judges!!!:lol: Sorry man, that was so insensitive of me!! I've been there before!!

kmanian is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by l4yfr4me View Post
    Resting at 3v? That battery has been long, LONG dead.
    it could have been cooked by a bad charger, it could have been discharged that low by something that was either faulty or had no low voltage shut off.

i could kill a perfectly good battery in a few seconds, it doesnt take long.

i am not saying the op did, or didnt

Mine is bigger than yours!

k_schutte is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1phatclipse View Post
    If the batt was messed up in shipping you would be able to tell by looking at the case he saids it was 3 volts when he got it I say I tested it before I packed it and it was well over 12 volts....I think I have sold enough stuff over the years without any problems that my word would be a little better then a noob on here
    why would i send this guy a bad batt when i have 50 good batts sitting right beside it.....HMMM....I wouldnt somethings fishy here...but I will send him another if he pays shipping thats all im going to do in this situation

LOL, not on this forum... doesn't matter how many positive transactions you've had, one bad one and you are a scammer... That's just how it works on here apparently, even if you do try to make it right and in my case spend an additional $300 trying to do so... **** don't matter some assholes will always be calling you a scammer now, no matter what happens with this deal.

I've been here three years longer than you and I have done probably 200~ transactions and only had ONE single problem and the "scammer" thing still gets brought up on me sometimes. Usually just some ******* trolls that no one cares about but sometimes the newbees see that and get scared and run away with their tail between their legs.

Refs: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/buyer-seller-feedback/454340-k_schutte-feedback-2.html

F A T B O Y is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DrChronic View Post
    Wtf are you talking about? I may have missed something but it seems that if he sent him a batt and it ended up broken somehow, and he sends him another to replace it, then he got what he originally paid for.

Personally i wouldnt send him a new battery, id let him take it up with UPS insurance. If you ship 100 batts the same and only 5 mess up, its not your fault. I know how ups treats ****, i worked there when i was like 16.
    It wasn't a shipping issue, man. I just wanted to point out how badly it was packaged.

Quote Originally Posted by kmanian View Post
    Phat, for the sake of being a good seller you have offered a fair solution. I do say that your origional reply was one that would send me over the edge also, not to say the op could have used some tact also. I would suggest this though, I would not leave the op with both batteries, even if it cost you a few buck to have it shipped back.

To the op, you need to shut the hell up and take his offer, why would you continue to complain when he offered a good solution? are you trying to **** him off and make the ignorance flow again? Lean when to say quit!
    I was at work, not much i can do to reply when i'm away from my computer.

Quote Originally Posted by basebalz13 View Post
    exaclty, it took the OP how long to get in contact after the arrival date ?
    Like i mentioned earlier, it did take me a pretty long time. Because i was finishing my build. And the whole time i had it stored on a battery shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by basebalz13 View Post
    This reminds me of when I got called a Scammer over on SMD. Because I sold a mod a head unit, and 6 months later he finaly decides to hook it up supposidly and it didn't work. and tried calling me a scammer. Then later one of his buddies says it had been sitting outside in the shed in a damp area and all this ****...so yeah.
    I never called him a scammer, bub. In fact i've even tried to clean his name up MANY times in this thread. "I'm not saying all of the batteries he sells are bad" and "I'm not saying don't buy from him, i just want some kind of response".

I've seen your name around a lot basebalz and i know you've got a great rep but where are you at, man? Re-read the thread dude. I'm not trying to bash his name, in fact I'm trying to keep it clean as best i can, it's mostly in his control. Even when i was waiting for the battery i was sending him more customers.

I only made this thread after a last ditch effort when phat just blatantly started ignoring my PM's. Obviously his original plan wasn't to send me another battery.

Now i'll SEE about paying to have it shipped, but i don't think it's right. PM me with price of shipping and as long as it isn't outrageous...

And atm i'm dirt-floor poor, just bought two BNIB kinetik 2000's, spring break is next week, with my prom the week after.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kmanian View Post
    it could have been cooked by a bad charger, it could have been discharged that low by something that was either faulty or had no low voltage shut off.

i could kill a perfectly good battery in a few seconds, it doesnt take long.

i am not saying the op did, or didnt
    The charger isn't bad, that was my first thought when it wasn't charging/keeping a charge. But i tested the charger with my DMM, and use that same craftsman charger every weekend to charge my floundering batteries.

And as for faulty/low voltage shutoff it was never hooked up... to anything.

I Like Waffle is offline Be Swangin'

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Maybe some internals got messed up in shipping. Pics of the packaging?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No the packaging is long gone, and i didn't get pictures.

And the casing on the battery looks fine. Even if it did get shaken up pretty good there's not many ways to damage a battery unless you completely crack the casing or like break terminals. You know?

It's not like there are fets and caps that get broken off during a shaky delivery. A batt is just liquid and probably some kind of fiber matte.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

A batt has cells that are linked together, and plates inside of it, IIRC

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh... probably. : /

I have a feeling his shipping $$$ isn't going to be very appealing.

k_schutte is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DrChronic View Post
    A batt has cells that are linked together, and plates inside of it, IIRC
    "grid plate"... thin webbing, kind of looks like wire mesh.... That is what makes Interstate batteries "superior" to other batteries. Other batteries use square grid plates. Interstate uses some funky plates like a spider web that all concentrates to the terminals on the battery...

However for anything to be internally damaged to the this point there would HAVE to be some physical sings on the case. We used the same battery in over 10 demo derbies with no issues and while UPS does **** I doubt they where THAT rough on it...

Refs: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/buyer-seller-feedback/454340-k_schutte-feedback-2.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yea, i thought the AGM batts had different stuff in them than your typical batt.

1phatclipse is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by F A T B O Y View Post
    It wasn't a shipping issue, man. I just wanted to point out how badly it was packaged.

I was at work, not much i can do to reply when i'm away from my computer.

Like i mentioned earlier, it did take me a pretty long time. Because i was finishing my build. And the whole time i had it stored on a battery shelf.

I never called him a scammer, bub. In fact i've even tried to clean his name up MANY times in this thread. "I'm not saying all of the batteries he sells are bad" and "I'm not saying don't buy from him, i just want some kind of response".

I've seen your name around a lot basebalz and i know you've got a great rep but where are you at, man? Re-read the thread dude. I'm not trying to bash his name, in fact I'm trying to keep it clean as best i can, it's mostly in his control. Even when i was waiting for the battery i was sending him more customers.

I only made this thread after a last ditch effort when phat just blatantly started ignoring my PM's. Obviously his original plan wasn't to send me another battery.

Now i'll SEE about paying to have it shipped, but i don't think it's right. PM me with price of shipping and as long as it isn't outrageous...

And atm i'm dirt-floor poor, just bought two BNIB kinetik 2000's, spring break is next week, with my prom the week after.
    I hate having someone mad at me for any reason.....and maybe something happend to it somehow that we both cant figure out and we are both being honest so I will pay half the shipping but it will take a few weeks for me to get my next pay check but When i get the money I will ship it out.....Sorry about the bad experience

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast