Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Reload Thread: Beware of 1phatclipse!

1phatclipse is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Beware of 1phatclipse!

Quote Originally Posted by dbeez View Post
    well honestly that packaging seems insufficient shouls have a bare minumum 4" around the battery also the battery should be double boxed 2+ inches of packaging around the battery in each box...
    5 out over 100 is not a bad number when shipping things over 100 pounds through ups...Im lucky it was so low
    And packing every battery the way you described would be to expensive and time consuming when shipping large quantities

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

MY batt was well packed. I bought one of the 134 A/h C&D's, i thought it was well packed anyway.

dbeez is offline Supporting Vendor dbeez is a Supporting Member of the forum!

dbeez is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

It may be but I ship all mine that way protects me and the buyer I would rather spend a few extra dollars up front to protect me and the buyer than cost myself a lot more in the end due to a broken item, plus it insures that your claim will go through. I have been through a few packaging classes provided by ups these are their standards for packaging....I have seen a few post that their batts were cracked but still worked and they were ok with that unfortunately others may not be and at that point its your job to replace it all shipping charges would have to be covered by you..

2002 suburban
    Security System Code alarm
    Electrical Dc power sp270 7 deka 9A31's and lots of 1/0
    Headunit pioneer 880prs
    Amps 2 Sax125.2 front stage crossfire xs8k@.5
    Wiring lots of 1/0 stinger, tsunami
    Mids & Tweeters 2 sets cdt m6+ mids 2 sets cdt tw25 tweets
    Subs 2-18" nightshade v2's d2
    System DetailsDaily driver.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thier shipping standerds huh...lmao...go give ups a battery and tell them to pack it to thier standerds and see what happens to it

F A T B O Y is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1phatclipse View Post
    Ok I load test and check voltage on every batt i buy on the spot before i pay for them, I check the voltage on every batt right before i pack them,
    as for packing ...I tape the bottom of the box almost solid with tape ,flip it over and cut a 1" piece of "the most solid foam i could find" the same size of the box and push it to the bottom of the box, then i sit the battey down inside the box onto the foam , I them shove packing material as tight as i can get it all around the battery all the way to the top, i then cut another peice of foam and place it on top, and tape the box up as tight as i can,.....this proccess takes about 30 minutes, not to mention having to find enough of the right size boxes, find suitibale packing material, going to lowes and buying 4x8 sheets of the foam,...
    its a ***** to pack these 100+ pound batts and im doing the best i can with that...and ive only had maybe 5 out of 100+ batts get damaged in shipping so i would say with that number that they are getting packed pretty well....I cant help it if ups decides they wanna drop them off a building before they deliver them
    but as a few people already know if they got damaged in shipping and they sent me pics then i sent them a replacement.
    Fatboy just sends me some messages pretty much saying that the batt i sent him was junk and that i knew that before i sent it to him and that it wasnt but 3 volts when he got it, and that i didnt pack it worth ****, ...Well i know i didnt send out a single batt that wasnt over 12 volts because i check them all before i put them in the box just to make sure they didnt somehow lose charge sitting in my garage. The batt he got didnt have any physical damage that he told me about and he waited a long time before informing me he had a problem. When he did contact me he was being rude and making false accustions.
    I then went out and checked the voltage on every batt i have....All the ones that im selling were over 12.5....I had a few sitting to the side that I had used my truck with when my alternator was broke and i had used them till they were dead and just sit them to the side and grabbed another they all still read over 9 volts even after sitting there dead for months and probably just needed a charge.....SOOO I figured this guy probably did something to the battery to mess it up after he got it then figured he would just say it was like that when i shipped it and try to get me to send him another one for free or either he just wanted another one and thought since I stood behind my pruducts that he could weasle me out of another for free.......So I still think theirs something fishy going on here.......But I will send him another one if that makes everyone happy....if he pays shipping
    What would i gain if i purposefully ruined the battery so you'd send me another, and how in the world would i do that?

And as far as you standing behind your product, when i messaged you in a pm your reply was "idk what you did to it", and then "i don't give a ****". Never once mentioned sending me a replacement untill after you more or less told me to go F myself.

Except for now when you're trying to sugar coat it, and the packaging was beyond terrible (mine, atleast) and i REALLY wish i'd have thought to take pictures when it got here. It made it to me in good shape, just for your future sales. The only foam was on the sides, which was two peices that were about 75% as tall as the battery, that had been broken in half and shoved down into the sides of the box.

And as for me trying to weasle you out of a battery so i'll have two... I posted a pic of the battery a 3.19v. There's no way that batt is recoverable.

You tell me i'm being fishy, look back at the replies you just made and count the excuses you had to make because of the bad way you're handling your sales. And that's only the few who read my thread.

F A T B O Y is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And also if you think it's my fault the battery is JUNK, why did you completely ignore my PM's until i made this thread?

k_schutte is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I say get some decent pictures before anyone does anything...

as for packaging, anything over 50lbs should have a MINIMUM of 2" packaging all around it. Also, I have never seen a battery that low before, usually anything under 10.6 (IIRC) is not going to "come back to life", or at least that is how we did it at Interstate Battery when I worked there.

Refs: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/buyer-seller-feedback/454340-k_schutte-feedback-2.html

peterweiner is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k_schutte View Post
    I say get some decent pictures before anyone does anything...

as for packaging, anything over 50lbs should have a MINIMUM of 2" packaging all around it. Also, I have never seen a battery that low before, usually anything under 10.6 (IIRC) is not going to "come back to life", or at least that is how we did it at Interstate Battery when I worked there.
    its funny to see you butt into this situation when youre a scammer yourself fyi. your words here have the same equivalency as the **** stuck to the bottom of my shoe.

CLNFREAK is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I got two c&d's from phat and they were packaged great. even had protectors over the termals, I tested them before they were out of the box and resting votage was well over 12 (dont rember the exact number). batts sat for a month or so before I freshen the charge, and still were good, charged them sat for few weeks before installed (did this on purpose so If they were bad i didnt waste my time installing them), just installed them last week and work great.

HEARD NOT SEEN LIKE A NINJA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by F A T B O Y View Post
    What would i gain if i purposefully ruined the battery so you'd send me another, and how in the world would i do that?

And as far as you standing behind your product, when i messaged you in a pm your reply was "idk what you did to it", and then "i don't give a ****". Never once mentioned sending me a replacement untill after you more or less told me to go F myself.

Except for now when you're trying to sugar coat it, and the packaging was beyond terrible (mine, atleast) and i REALLY wish i'd have thought to take pictures when it got here. It made it to me in good shape, just for your future sales. The only foam was on the sides, which was two peices that were about 75% as tall as the battery, that had been broken in half and shoved down into the sides of the box.

And as for me trying to weasle you out of a battery so i'll have two... I posted a pic of the battery a 3.19v. There's no way that batt is recoverable.

You tell me i'm being fishy, look back at the replies you just made and count the excuses you had to make because of the bad way you're handling your sales. And that's only the few who read my thread.
    whatever man Im not arguing with you any more....If you want another one pay for shipping and I will send it to you

power-fanatic07 is offline Knockin Doors Down

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by peterweiner View Post
    its funny to see you butt into this situation when youre a scammer yourself fyi. your words here have the same equivalency as the **** stuck to the bottom of my shoe.
    lulz

Got Refs? http://www.caraudio.com/forum/itrader.php?u=47119

michaellane is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1phatclipse View Post
    michael I know i bullshatted around for awhile about buying your sub and I appoligize for that ...I was just wanting to test the one i had like it to make sure i still wanted to use 2 of them....My fault man Sorry.....
    its all good man i just cant stick up for you since we never did the deal and you did beat around the bush and cost me 2 days off and then tried to low ball me then wanted me to drive a hour and not throw in gas money lol. on another note i think your packaging is fine for the batts. mine i got from basscort barely made it her IMO. i never said anytrhing about it but it was a crap job. just small cut up pool noodles. so yes your packaging is fine i think. but i will have to say this...the OP doesnt have much to gain by ruining the batt just to get another one. also he may be a newb i dont remember but i can honestly say I DONT EVEN KNOW HOW TO TAKE A GOOD BATT AND RUIN IT IN LIKE A WEEK LIKE HE DID. also if you got batts that are still sitting at 9volts after months then id just chalk this one time up to being a fereak cause that cant be explained....you are making this right and i think that shows you are a good guy and can be trusted. but i do think you guys should split shipping.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/414807-michaellane-feedback-if-i-bought-you-traded-i-sold-you-something.html

I Like Waffle is offline Be Swangin'

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Sounds like the OP is an inconsiderate ******* and is quick to jump to conclusions. I met this guy in person and bought a couple batts, ive had absolutely no problem with them whatsoever, seemed like a cool guy and we bullshitted around for a bit. I even completely drained the batts in the rear down to 10v not knowing my main fuse had blown, charged it back up and its good as new. If UPS is only ****ing up 5% of his batteries, i say hes packing them **** good.

Btw, are you insuring them when you ship them?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Really though, if he did **** this batt up on purpose and you sent him another, he would still only have 1 batt so how would that help him.

I Like Waffle is offline Be Swangin'

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Worstenemy453 View Post
    Really though, if he did **** this batt up on purpose and you sent him another, he would still only have 1 batt so how would that help him.
    Wtf are you talking about? I may have missed something but it seems that if he sent him a batt and it ended up broken somehow, and he sends him another to replace it, then he got what he originally paid for.

Personally i wouldnt send him a new battery, id let him take it up with UPS insurance. If you ship 100 batts the same and only 5 mess up, its not your fault. I know how ups treats ****, i worked there when i was like 16.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast