Reload Thread: iApex and x1le deal gone bad

x1le is offline I'm certified.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

iApex and x1le deal gone bad

Quote Originally Posted by x1le
    Quote Originally Posted by iApex
    Whats the condition on it? Do you have any pics I can see?

This is going to be for mostly presentation so it needs to look pretty.
    I just went down and took some pics. If I had to rate it I'd say it's a 9.5/10.

no problem man. I will ship this amp out tomorrow morning and have the tracking over to you by afternoon.
    Alright sounds good, money sent.
    Thanks for being a good businessman.
    When I get the amp in ill give you feedback in your thread accordingly.
    hey man, sorry I didn't send tracking this afternoon. just got home and it's the first chance I've had to use the comp.

tracking # 1za4v1950342136152
    UPS? and it's no problem, thanks for shipping out so fast.

Went to test it again today, hooked up everything while the car was off. Turn the car got an E-02 on the amp, tried turning the car on and off, checking all the connections... nothing.
    E-02?

downloaded the manual and looked it up and it sais to disconnect power to the amp, reset it, and it should be good. Said it occurs when the speaker leads touch??
    So press the reset button while the power is disconnected?
    They definitely touched so that could be the problem. I'll try it out tomorrow and see.

I thought it was broken for good. So that was music to my ears.
    well, it mentioned to disconnect power, try reseting it, and if it still occurs to contact a kenwood repair station or whatever.

thats the manual atleast. I will do some more searching online see if I can dig up anything.
    Alright I appreciate it. I'll try that tomorrow and see what happens.
    Just got back from the shop, they put it on the bench and said it was broken, it's in protection mode and wont come out. They said it would be $40 to send it in and IF it can be fixed, it would cost $100-$200+

The Excelon series have 2 year warranty, would this amp still be covered under that?
    that price is an absolute joke.

and it should still be covered. it is definitely less than a year old.
    You bought it new from somewhere right? If it's less than 1 year old then it should definitely be covered.

See if you can round up the warranty information. Idk how comfortable you feel giving it to me but other than that, we're out of options.

Just let me know man, i'm not in any rush, and I usually respond to PM's within minutes of them being sent because it's forwarded to my cell.

I'm going to go to bed now though so if you respond tonight i'll reply around 9 30 tomorrow morning.
    Hey, unless you have everything together for the warranty process today, I'm going to have to just ask for a refund because my due date got pushed back and I'm not going to have as much as I originally thought. I wont have the time to process the warranty and get another one shipped out to me.

Sorry about this it's very unfortunate on both accounts but look at the bright side, if you find the warranty you will be able to get paid for going through all of this. (because you can sell a new one for more than a used one)
    I searched and could not locate any original purchase info.

And I hate to say it, but do you think it's fair to receive a full refund after you say the pos and neg speaker leads touch and put the amp into protection?

....so I will be out of shipping costs and the cost of the amp...
    Thats a **** shame you couldn't find it. But you have a lot better chance finding it then I ever would you know?

Yes I know they touched but I don't think that was the reason for failure, like I said it wasn't even performing nearly what it was supposed to from the second I pulled it out of the package and hooked it up so I believe there was something faulty with it to begin with. (intentionally or not, i have no idea) but thats what I think. Plus I touched the speaker leads on my other amp just to test it and it didn't fry that one... so I don't think that was the main cause of failure.

It's unfortunate on both accounts and I don't think you should be out any money and neither should I but unfortunate situations happen and we have to make peace about them. You are not out the cost of the amp if you find the warranty information, if you can't find it then thats kind of your fault you know?

How about you give me back the total cost minus the shipping probably around $15, $20 so what? $145-$150? and I'll ship it back to you at my expense via USPS delivery confirmation exactly how you packed it to me.

I think you being the original owner you shouldn't have a problem getting it fixed or replaced.

I have a video of the amp working in my own car, literally the same day I pulled it out and packaged it up so I could get my new equipment in there.

All I can say is that the amp was completely functional when I sent it out. No offense, but I have no choice but to assume user error in this case. I know it was packaged well for shipping. If it arrived looking like it was kicked down the street, then that'd be another story.

I'm not a retail store. I don't offer a warranty on items I sell. I sell things here and there to get a little extra money and pass some stuff along, and go out of my way to help someone whenever I can. Had a bunch of transactions, never had one go bad yet, except for now I suppose. I just don't feel like a refund is my obligation. I said I'd try my best to find some info so it could be warranty replaced, which I searched for, but unfortunately didn't find anything.

If you touched the positive and negative speaker wires, I can guarantee that is the reason the amp went into protection. You should never short the speaker wires. The spark that occurs is telling you something...

So you think I'm lying then, I read up on the situation last night and came across numerous people who had speaker leads touching for days that didnt fry their amps, It clearly was not working properly when I received it even though you claim it was, there was no sparking and no fuses blown.

I understand you are not a store but you should not be able to sell faulty items to someone and claim it's okay If you refuse to give me a refund of what I requested I will be forced to seek legal action, blacken your name and end up getting my money back anyways, which I really don't want to do because I believe you are a nice guy. I'm doing this for a school project and have had many problems from people on this site when it comes to buying things I bought a sub last monday and the guy still has not shipped it... so I'm sure you can understand where I'm coming from.

I tried to help you out by recommending things and advice and always responded to you within twenty minutes whereas you take up to a day to respond to me which really is starting to bother me. I believe I have been more than compliant and it is your fault you dont have your warranty information so you can't get it replaced, anyone with minor intelligence would keep the original paperwork on a product with a 2 year warranty. And even if you lost it, you still might be able to get it processed just because you are the original owner.

I'll let CA be the judge. what are some outsiders thoughts on this?

I INSTALL STUFF.
    mecp advanced.
    i do it all.

iApex is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: iApex and x1le deal gone bad

Amp was faulty from the start.
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=439573

Problem only worsened as time went on.

REF's: SPY, Cravingbass123, mihklo, ace_800, Frostylemonade, blackdragonaudi
    Current System:
    Deck: Alpine iDA- x305s
    Front Stage: Alpine SPX-13REF
    Rear Stage: Infinity Kappa 692.9i
    4-Channel Amp: Hifonics HFi100.4
    Sub: Alpine Type X 12", Custom Rebuild by PSi, (D1)ohm
    Sub Amp:Hifonics Brutus BXI1610D
    Box:2.25cubes @32hz

plugitin is offline She Bangs plugitin is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

interesting

Team DC Audio

Refs: absoluteaudio, rab, walnut, seedubs1, dbeez, -leister-, Louisiana_crx, bubbagumper6, DS Autpsports, Mr.Ronin_2U, lil98cabrio, wone, micah_jones, grinder1989

Supergumby5000 is offline Project: F350 begins...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The power and ground leads touching would cause a short, but it appears that amp is fused. If that was the case, the amp wouldnt power on at all until the fuses were replaced.

If the amp powers on and is in protection, that sounds like a different situation to me. I'm not taking sides on this, but thats my 2 cents.

Project: Avalanche V1... http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345189
    Project: Avalanche V2... http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=432321
    Project: F350... Coming Soon!
    Need a box or box design? -EMAIL- me for info/quotes, do NOT send a PM
    my username @ hotmail.com

Supergumby5000 is offline Project: F350 begins...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

with that said, did you check all three fuses in the side of the amp?

Project: Avalanche V1... http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345189
    Project: Avalanche V2... http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=432321
    Project: F350... Coming Soon!
    Need a box or box design? -EMAIL- me for info/quotes, do NOT send a PM
    my username @ hotmail.com

99grandprixGT is offline now got an 04 grand prix

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

same thing happened to a kenwood amp i sold on craigslist. i took it out of my car, sold it same day guy calls me up saying it dont power. luckly i bought it with warranty and got if fixed for free.

refs:
    wong05tsx, Buckyboy, Themommyvan, Team H&K, natisfynest(x2), Eat Italian,NewAgeKing, skierxx5556, wgsj_fortvalley, MmatsDude, bigpimpin91 ,wasted ink, JLbumpin04gp,itsbmw(x2),ltr450racer690, speedfreak28,jshak07,xplayazplayzonx,mcsoul, SPL-Master ,TNTR70, bumpin buick, vitveet, gqjeff, pioneer pimp ,bones22, nismos14, revrider1,bigbirney420,nineball,DBDRAGGUY ,plyer3,slam330, BeAlLsTaR13, smllysack,Andrew_as. dkhage1,boxdGM, blue200sx,rusty_armadillo, beatnbronco, basscort2009,xxxbasshead,SSS 18734,mcquesten

feedback

tommyk90 is offline THE WHOLE THING!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Any chance of the buyer sending back the amp to you, you test it, and then go from there?

Team Kicker (R.I.P.)
    Team Sundown
    Team Maxxsonics
    Team XS Power
    Team DD
    Team Audio Technix
    Team B2 Audio
    Team Mechman
    Team Tantric Sounds

2008 Bassrace 130-139.9 Regional and National Champion
    2006, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2012 MECA Champion (S1, SR1, DB1, S2, S3, S4)

One DD 9510 powered by two Sundown SAZ-2500's
    Kicker KS tweeters, MB Quart 5.25's active on an MB Quart DSC480
    Kicker wiring throughout.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Supergumby5000 View Post
    with that said, did you check all three fuses in the side of the amp?
    Yes all the fuses are fine none popped or even had any damage done to them at all, I would think the wires touching would cause them to pop, but they didnt

Quote Originally Posted by 99grandprixGT View Post
    same thing happened to a kenwood amp i sold on craigslist. i took it out of my car, sold it same day guy calls me up saying it dont power. luckly i bought it with warranty and got if fixed for free.
    As you can see, i recommended he take it back and get the refund but sadly he lost the original paperwork on it.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyk90 View Post
    Any chance of the buyer sending back the amp to you, you test it, and then go from there?
    Seeing how the way I have been treated there is no way I'd send it to him without a refund, I brought it to a local store and they said it was done for when they hooked it up on the bench.

Current System:

ThatChevyGuy is online now i heart Jager

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

take it back

REFS:
    Squeak9798, Kumbos310w6, BigBangTheory, Jmanpc, MillzThaYungin, WLDock, -Leister-, ThomasG, J31Rob (and a few more I have forgotten)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Monkey View Post
    eat my asshole you insignificant bastard child of a retarded dingleberry cunt wrinkle fuck toy
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    her pussy better be that nicest pussy you ever ever ever had. she better suck, swallow, jack off, eat ass and snatch, make sammiwich, do yard work and fix the vehicals while nude. Because a bitch like that is definately gonna cause alot of stress in your life, even thou she keeps your wallet and your balls drained.
    Quote Originally Posted by 05fronty View Post
    bitch you better swallow and not make a mess

KyleBechtold is offline Buy my fuses $1.25ea

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

who did you take it to around here? The fuses are a safety feature but won't always stop abuse.. admitting to touching the speaker leads kinda buried yourself.. although it was the correct thing to do.. How was it not working out of the box if before you got it working you touched the leads?

Ca.com

Bought from: Sctattooer, Korn4Life, wgsj_fortvalley, bk12321, Queball, bumpincrv, Splmaster, 310w6, Buck, liljojo4711
    Everyone I have Bought from has been awesome.. feel safe with any of them..

Sold To: Iakona, dustinr, squeak12, Worstenemy453, BeAlLsTaR13, rmzsuzuki89, c_b_, mendon mafia, dropped_tb, SPLluminator, violence., power-fanatic07, schackel, michaellane, aviator08, kodak314, dropped_tb
    Ref Link
    Tamparacing
    -b15spec, 727kid, pshull727, Nt_Hardcore

Want/Need ANL fuses cheap 150a 200a 250a 300a
    CLICK ME

jmanpc is offline CA.com Nostalgist.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iApex View Post
    Amp was faulty from the start.

Problem only worsened as time went on.
    This

2007 Red Ford Focus ZX4 SE
    - Clarion DXZ955MC -
    - MB Quart RSD216 - 2 MB Quart RWE-354 in 4 cubic feet sealed -
    - MB Quart DSC4125 - Audiopipe AP1500.1D - Optima Blue Top -

Team High Sexage

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KyleBechtold View Post
    who did you take it to around here? The fuses are a safety feature but won't always stop abuse.. admitting to touching the speaker leads kinda buried yourself.. although it was the correct thing to do.. How was it not working out of the box if before you got it working you touched the leads?
    Pop My Trunk Customs in New Port Richey just north of Main St. on US 19

I knew it would start digging me into a hole but I'm not a liar so I do the honorable thing and admit to my wrongs, if this thread ends up deciding in his favor and it was my fault it's broken, i'll accept that and move on. But I seriously don't believe it's my fault it's broken.

Here is what was wrong with it out of the box...

In a nutshell it wouldn't put out any power at all, could barley push a kicker comp and a mtx thunder 6000 (one at a time, not together)

Also idk if this matters or not but when I first took it out I noticed when I was moving the amp, it was making this sort of clunking sound like something was loose inside. I have no idea what it would be or if it matters but I didn't think it was a huge deal.

Current System:

mokedaddy is offline professional idiot

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

take the bottom off the amp and take pics.

Not to be an *** but it sounds like you dont know what you are doing.

'a man without enemies, is a man without character'

KyleBechtold is offline Buy my fuses $1.25ea

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iApex View Post
    Pop My Trunk Customs in New Port Richey just north of Main St.

I knew it would start digging me into a hole but I'm not a liar so I do the honorable thing and admit to my wrongs, if this thread ends up deciding in his favor and it was my fault it's broken, i'll accept that and move on. But I seriously don't believe it's my fault it's broken.

Here is what was wrong with it out of the box...

In a nutshell it wouldn't put out any power at all, could barley push a kicker comp and a mtx thunder 6000 (one at a time, not together)

Also idk if this matters or not but when I first took it out I noticed when I was moving the amp, it was making this sort of clunking sound like something was loose inside. I have no idea what it would be or if it matters but I didn't think it was a huge deal.
    I don't understand why you would not stop there and take a video before hooking it up saying there is a clunking noise inside... That was a big mistake aswell.. also I viewed the thread and having the gain maxed for all the tests was not helping.. it also looked like the lpf was on 30 and if so it would really limit what it would put out.. If it was putting out power your settings were most likely to blame..

Ca.com

Bought from: Sctattooer, Korn4Life, wgsj_fortvalley, bk12321, Queball, bumpincrv, Splmaster, 310w6, Buck, liljojo4711
    Everyone I have Bought from has been awesome.. feel safe with any of them..

Sold To: Iakona, dustinr, squeak12, Worstenemy453, BeAlLsTaR13, rmzsuzuki89, c_b_, mendon mafia, dropped_tb, SPLluminator, violence., power-fanatic07, schackel, michaellane, aviator08, kodak314, dropped_tb
    Ref Link
    Tamparacing
    -b15spec, 727kid, pshull727, Nt_Hardcore

Want/Need ANL fuses cheap 150a 200a 250a 300a
    CLICK ME

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KyleBechtold View Post
    I don't understand why you would not stop there and take a video before hooking it up saying there is a clunking noise inside... That was a big mistake aswell.. also I viewed the thread and having the gain maxed for all the tests was not helping.. it also looked like the lpf was on 30 and if so it would really limit what it would put out.. If it was putting out power your settings were most likely to blame..
    I didn't think anything of it, so nothing I can do about that now. The gain was not maxed for all the test. When we had it connected we tried every variation you could of all things on that amp. and nothing made a difference, it's not like I just hooked it up on those settings and it didnt do what I expected so I said "well it's broken" I tried everything on there.

Current System:

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast