Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: How Long?

Reson8 is offline What happened in here?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How Long?

How long do you wait to get something before you start looking at it as a possible scam? 1 month? 2? Just curious, think I may have a potential situation, just waiting now to see how it plays out...

"you have a face like a bulldog chewing a stinging nettle while taking a constipated dump in a heat wave"

duece212 is offline Buddy Christ!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: How Long?

Quote Originally Posted by Reson8 View Post
    How long do you wait to get something before you start looking at it as a possible scam? 1 month? 2? Just curious, think I may have a potential situation, just waiting now to see how it plays out...
    All depends on communication with the seller, but at the 1 month mark there better be some **** good communication to explain why your stuff isn't there yet.

snb778 is offline blaugh!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i'd say 2 weeks unless the person said it may be a little bit.....think about it, if you sold something to someone, you might be busy for a few days-a week, but after that you gotta be thinkin, "man this guy is gonna be pissed if I don't tell him whats up"

Refs: Projectpat, XylerB, decipha, blados, protonman, Wlmrs, Nucleareskimo, gl0ck, mobeious, JBizzle (picked up box) mlstrass (box design) Mazzasec (bought 18" RD Alpha from him) SKMFKR: Traded subs Wrenchguy: Sold 18" Q to him. psychoacoustics: bought some bullet horn tweets from him Shinju: bought some 0awg wire from him. Sold a box and 18" HDC318 to chitown_impala. Bought my 2 custom 15's from 99Vic on steave meade forum. NJTStang11- picked up 18" SSX and box from him krispy cream SCAMMED ME $200!!!

2 Pistol Shrimps in a 4.0 cu^ft box tuned to 32 hz for the WIN !!

"You can't compare, don't stare, cause I got the ultimate Mary Jane"

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by duece212 View Post
    All depends on communication with the seller, but at the 1 month mark there better be some **** good communication to explain why your stuff isn't there yet.

Eh...communication has been decent...product was supposedly shipped, and was supposed to have been recv'd by middle of last week. Still have not seen it, and now it may have been sent to the wrong address. I'm getting a bit suspicous as the seller hasn't been on in the last 4 days, so unless i hear something, or see my purchase soon, I'll have little choice but to post some negative feedback...

"you have a face like a bulldog chewing a stinging nettle while taking a constipated dump in a heat wave"

dak0ta_g33k is offline whatR words4 ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i've waited six weeks for group buy stuff. but for anything else, one week of bad communication is good enough for a forum callout IMO

\o0o_allan_o0o/
    2003 Dodge Club Cab
    Adire Koda 10s : MXA 8001
    Kicker SSMB6 : ID CD1e : ID NX30 : RE XXX 6.5 : MXA 6004
    Alpine iDA-x100 : 80gb iPod Classic

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snb778 View Post
    i'd say 2 weeks unless the person said it may be a little bit.....think about it, if you sold something to someone, you might be busy for a few days-a week, but after that you gotta be thinkin, "man this guy is gonna be pissed if I don't tell him whats up"
    Yup, I agree, which is why I haven't been pressing the issue too hard...everyone has things in life that get in the way, its happened to me before too.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dak0ta_g33k View Post
    i've waited six weeks for group buy stuff. but for anything else, one week of bad communication is good enough for a forum callout IMO
    Yeah, I just don't wanna jump the gun and post up some bad feedback for a simple delay..or walk to my mail today to find it sitting there then look like a real *******...

2002XLT is offline Thats right bishes...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

how has it been man? i dont think i have ever had a transaction take anymore then a couple weeks, at the 2-3 week mark im wondering wtf is up, ive got a live too, but i make sure my stuff is on its way within 3 business days after payment clears.

Refs-
    http://forums.explorerx.com/index.php?showtopic=11984
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245865 http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...59#post3482859
    Ebay Feedback- http://myworld.ebay.com/lilchard1969/

Vehicle-
    2002 Explorer XLT
    R1 Concepts Cross drilled/slotted rotors w/ performance pads, K&N FIPK Intake, Removed roof racks, Debadged, Tinted tails, Clear Corners, Upper and lower Billet Grilles,5% Tint all the way around

Stereo- All stock.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2002XLT View Post
    how has it been man? i dont think i have ever had a transaction take anymore then a couple weeks, at the 2-3 week mark im wondering wtf is up, ive got a live too, but i make sure my stuff is on its way within 3 business days after payment clears.

Yeah, payment was via a money order. So....took me a few days to get it, then had to mail it, then had to wait for it to clear his bank. All understandable delays really, but they are starting to add up a bit. I think if I don't have some form of resolution by the end of the week, I'll say enough is enough...
    (Shipped via usps btw. Haven't had time to ask for a tracking number as the user has been offline for 4 days thus far)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

meh, id say at a month id want some answers. Whats the value?

Refs-
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245865 http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...59#post3482859

Vehicle-
    2002 Explorer XLT
    R1 Concepts Cross drilled/slotted rotors w/ performance pads, K&N FIPK Intake, Removed roof racks, Debadged, Tinted tails, Clear Corners, Upper and lower Billet Grilles,5% Tint all the way around

Stereo- All stock.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2002XLT View Post
    meh, id say at a month id want some answers. Whats the value?
    $40. Not an earthshattering amount, but still...paid for something and all that ya know?

Flipx99 is offline Violator of Terms

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Sometimes it takes a thread for a seller to get their *** in gear. Especially if they value their presence on the forum.

Black cat, white cat...all that matters is that it catches mice. -Deng Xiaoing

I do homework for money. I specialize in finance. PM me for estimates.

If someone uses me as a reference, please contact me first.

duece212 is offline Buddy Christ!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

At 40 bucks I'd think its just somebody bein slow not a scam. If I was gonna scam I'd make it worthwhile, not just 40 bucks.

Some people think that on small sales they aren't important and they can drag their feet. Sometimes that *****.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reson8 View Post
    $40. Not an earthshattering amount, but still...paid for something and all that ya know?
    Oh i definantly understand that man. Nothing wrong with being cautious.

Quote Originally Posted by Flipx99 View Post
    Sometimes it takes a thread for a seller to get their *** in gear. Especially if they value their presence on the forum.
    Troof.

At 40 bucks I'd think its just somebody bein slow not a scam. If I was gonna scam I'd make it worthwhile, not just 40 bucks.

Some people think that on small sales they aren't important and they can drag their feet. Sometimes that *****.

I agree with this as well.

Refs-

Vehicle-
    2002 Explorer XLT

Stereo- All stock.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, good point...if it was a scam, then it woulda been something worthwhile. I'll continue to wait and see for a bit longer, and might make a thread if need be. Thanks everyone!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast