Closed Thread
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Reload Thread: Attention volstitan908

bumpin buick is offline Science is everything

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Attention volstitan908

Serious, this has nothing to do with wishful thinking, he bought an amp with loose connections. The connections were clearly broken right off from the board. I dont know if you have any clue about amps or how they work but that did not happen in shipping. The amp was indeed broken when the seller had it and he sold it knowing it was broken but stated it worked. How do you not understand this. And once again I stated I purchased a fully functional one once on ebay for 270 so just because he got his for 230 doesnt give the right to the seller to have it be broken. I dont give a **** if he bought it for a penny. If the seller says it works 100%, it better work 100% upon arrival, and it did not.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/305521-official-bumpin-buick-feedback-thread.html

Flipx99 is offline Violator of Terms

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

buick -- such logic is unacceptable.

Black cat, white cat...all that matters is that it catches mice. -Deng Xiaoing

I do homework for money. I specialize in finance. PM me for estimates.

If someone uses me as a reference, please contact me first.

bumpin buick is offline Science is everything

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

please better explain to my why I am wrong in my saying?

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/305521-official-bumpin-buick-feedback-thread.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

after further re-viewing, i clearly made a mistake-

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by onegr8greekguy View Post
    " The amp was sold with A bad RCA connection but was working 100% otherwise. The buyer was aware of this, but expected no other issues"

Why would you not expect no other issues to arise from loose connections? Wishfull thinking maybe?

Should the seller be held reaspnsible for the buyers wishful thinking?

If I bought an amp that I knew had loose RCA connections and was told it still worked 100% then I would expect it work 100% when it arrived.

Had you have said...The amp has loose RCA connections and is currently working, but no guarantees I might feel differently.

I would call my bank, paypal, and any other means to get my money back.

brtnboarder3241 is offline Banned

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well after i disputed with paypal and clearly had evidence against the guy i took the dispute and progressed it into a claim. Immeditely after i did this an email was received stating

Dear Mr.X,

You have chosen to escalate your dispute to a PayPal claim. By ending
    communication with the seller, you are asking PayPal to investigate the
    case and decide the outcome. As part of our investigation, PayPal reviewed
    any communication you may have had in the Resolution Center.

Our investigation into your claim is complete. As stated in our User
    Agreement, the claims process only applies to the shipment of goods. It
    does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of goods
    received. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or issue a
    refund.

this made me think "thats not what it says in your agreement"

13. Disputes between Buyers and Sellers - Buyer Protection Programs.

13.1 Buyer Protection Programs. If you buy an item using PayPal and either do not receive the item or receive an item that you believe is Significantly Not as Described by the seller, we encourage you to open a Dispute with the seller in our Resolution Center. By doing so, you will initiate our Online Dispute Resolution Process—a step-by-step system designed to facilitate communication between you and the seller in order to get resolution of the issue. If your dialogue with the seller fails to produce a satisfactory result, you can then escalate the Dispute into a Claim that we will evaluate for reimbursement under one of the following programs:
    1. PayPal Buyer Complaint Policy - Our best efforts program to reimburse Users for losses only to the extent we are able to recover the funds from sellers.
    2. PayPal Buyer Protection Policy - Our program to reimburse Users for losses for up to (i) $2,000.00 USD (Top Tier Coverage Amount) for eligible items purchased on eBay and (ii) up to $200.00 USD (Basic Tier Coverage Amount) for all other eligible items purchased on eBay and for eligible items purchased on eBay. Please see section 13.9 to determine whether Top Tier Coverage Amount or Basic Tier Coverage Amount applies to your eBay purchase.
    3. Buyer Protection for eBay Express - Our program to reimburse Users for the full amount of losses for items purchased on eBay Express.
    4. Extended Buyer Protection with PayPal Credit - Our program to reimburse Users for the full transactional amount of the items purchased using PayPal Credit.

now my problem lies under the bolded one and the seconded bolded word is how i fall under the buyer protection program.

Now thats what was stated in their agreement. Now my dad called them up since most people there are ********* and really dont care, they try to make me believe that it doesnt fall under any because it wasnt bought on ebay. Im like "thats bullshit that doesnt matter we are not talking about the ebay buyer protection program we are talking about the PayPal Buyer Complaint Policy"

Now this is what happened since my dispute was put into a claim that means it legally is done with the dispute and the claim has begun.

as stated in their policy once again

13.7 Claims Procedures. If you escalate a Dispute into a Claim, we will gather information from you and the seller and determine eligibility for reimbursement under the Buyer Protection Programs. Here are some important things to remember about the Claim process:

1. If a buyer files a Claim asserting receipt of a Significantly Not as Described item, we will generally require the buyer to return the item to the seller at the buyers expense and to Viewable Online Proof of Delivery. If the item is over $250.00 USD or equivalent, Viewable Online Signature Confirmation must also accompany theViewable Online Proof of Delivery. In some circumstances, we may require the buyer to send the item to us or to a third party specified by us, to obtain documentation from a qualified third party substantiating the Claim, or to provide evidence that the item has been destroyed. In some instances, we may ask a buyer to support a Claim by filing and supplying a copy of a police report.
    2. If a buyer initiates a Dispute/Claim and the amount in Dispute is greater than $100, PayPal will place the disputed amount (to the extent it remains in the sellers Account) on hold until the Dispute/Claim is resolved, and the seller will not be able to withdraw this amount while the Dispute/ Claim remains unresolved.

3. Other than adding information you may not edit or change a Claim after filing it.
    4. We may ask a buyer to identify the minimum refund that would be acceptable to settle the Claim. If you specify a refund amount that is less than the amount of the original transaction, and the seller agrees to refund the amount you specified, PayPal will consider the Claim to be successfully resolved.

the funny thing is the guy we talked to on the phone said all they did was send volstitan908 an email and he declined that he was going to pay. Which was done before the dispute was over and claim was filed (thus receiving the automated email). He failed to say that paypal followed their user agreement procedures as stated in their user agreement. so After hours of them bullshitting and no reasoning with them i felt this was going no where.

also

3.8 Claims Eligibility. In addition to the other limitations called out within this Agreement, the following limitations apply to Claims:

1. The PayPal Buyer Complaint Policy only applies to items purchased outside of eBay or eBay Express,

i am very sorry if this is all unclear right now its all off the top of my head in about 10 minutes i will edit to have it make more sense later b

BOTTOM LINE PAYPAL FAILED TO DO ****

as to volstitan908
    VOLSTITAN908 I AM STATING TO YOU RIGHT NOW THAT I BETTER GET MONEY FOR THE REPAIR OF THE AMP OR EXCHANGE THE AMP FOR A FULL REFUND FROM YOU OR MORE DRASTIC MEASURES WILL BE TAKEN

thanks all for your helpguys. I just guess paypal cant understand **** AND BY THE WAY FOR FUTURE REFERNCE FOR EVERYONE PAYPAL CAN NOT USE ANYTHING ON FORUM'S EMAILS ETC AS EVIDENCE.

that is all

BreakDaLaw is offline Cavalier Killer!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Im taking brtnboarder3241's side on this....the loose RCA was infact stated in the description...also said to be working 100%. which means it worked regarless if the RCAs where about to fall off...he should have said the RCAs are loose and cant guareteed it to work when arrived...he made it out like the RCA was a minor problem and still worked. sorry about the amp

2001 Cavalier-
    Head Unit- Pioneer DEH-P880PRS
    Frontstage-Coming soon.
    Frontstage Amp-Coming soon.
    Subwoofer-DD 9515f/g
    Box-4.5cubes/40hz
    Subwoofer Amp-AQ2200D
    Eletrical Upgrades-Big 3,2 Runs KnuKonceptz 1/0 KLM Deka/Shocker 9A31

--------------------------------------

Coming soon-

200Amp alty, another 9A31, HC1400, Another AQ2200

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ya if it was stated as he cant guaranteee it to work then i wouldnt and this wouldnt have happened. some people are just pieces of **** and as i stated before i better get cash to have it repaired or have a full refund on the amp otherwise more drastic **** will be taken and i can promise that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what state does he live in?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Call your bank and ask for the claim phone number. Tell them your story, they will retrieve you money and place it on hold for a short period (Mine was 2 weeks) after that I received my cash.

Your case is a bit different so you should talk to them and see what they say.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

he lives in Tennessee

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Serious, this has nothing to do with wishful thinking, he bought an amp with loose connections. The connections were clearly broken right off from the board. I dont know if you have any clue about amps or how they work but that did not happen in shipping. The amp was indeed broken when the seller had it and he sold it knowing it was broken but stated it worked. How do you not understand this. And once again I stated I purchased a fully functional one once on ebay for 270 so just because he got his for 230 doesnt give the right to the seller to have it be broken. I dont give a **** if he bought it for a penny. If the seller says it works 100%, it better work 100% upon arrival, and it did not.

It doesn't matter what you paid for a similar amp. What matters is that the buyer was happy to pay his negotiated amount for a damaged amp. If he negotiated price badly, that's another issue all together but not a reason to go after the seller.

Why must it work upon arrival 100%? You expect the seller to warranty a damaged amp? Think about it.
    Last edited by onegr8greekguy; 02-20-2008 at 04:58 PM.

H/U: Premier P9 DEX
    Interconnects: Digital Coax, Symbalinc, Monster Cable
    Processing: Premier P9 DEQ
    Line Drivers: Zapco SLB TP4's (2)
    Front Stage: MBQ tweets, HAT 3"
    MidBass: Dynaudio MW 170's
    SubBass: IDMAX 12's (2)
    Amplification: Zapco C2K

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If I bought an amp that I knew had loose RCA connections and was told it still worked 100% then I would expect it work 100% when it arrived.

Had you have said...The amp has loose RCA connections and is currently working, but no guarantees I might feel differently.

Notice the part in bold. So you really need someone to actually tell you this? As a reasonable consumer that is looking after his own best interest, you can't figure this out on your own?

You can't figure out that nobody will guarantee a damaged item won't eventually get worse?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by onegr8greekguy View Post

Notice the part in bold. So you really need someone to actually tell you this? As a reasonable consumer that is looking after his own best interest, you can't figure this out on your own?

You can't figure out that nobody will guarantee a damaged item won't eventually get worse?
    Yes, You would need to tell me that because you said it was 100% working when it left and you didnt tell me it was going to be DOA.
    As I stated earlier...loose RCAs are completly different then broken ground for the RCAs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

but the seller can not guarantee that the problem won't progress from loose to broken. And what if the amp did work briefly before the rca disconnected totally.

the op would still have to pay for repair or would he go after the seller because after all, the amp was "guaranteed".

saying a damaged amp is guranteed to work is dumb. believing it, then getting upset about it after the fact is dumber. But who knows if it worked in the sellers possesion...he does and so do his witnesses. Who knows if it arrived DOA...the buyer says it did and so does his witness. Brick wall.

Moral of the story...if the seller says 'it's broke'. Then believe him. Wishfull thinking will cost you $$$
    Last edited by onegr8greekguy; 02-20-2008 at 05:14 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast