User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 58

Reload Thread: So much for the eclipse deck...

  1. #1
    bk12321's Avatar
    bk12321 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    3,432
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    So much for the eclipse deck...

    Bought a cd8443 from Drpdmazda on here.

    Sent him 140 for it, it was in alright condition, but acceptable. Some scratches on the face, but a few scratches dont bother me as i'd probably end up getting a few on it. No remote, didnt bother me either.

    Quoted from him in a pm:
    Quote Originally Posted by Drpdmazda
    it is 9/10 cosmetically since there are some really small scratches and a little fading on one or two buttons. other than that the deck is in excellent shape. perfect working order.
    Installed it this afternoon, put a cd in, it tries to read it for about 10 seconds, and then pops it back out. Tried 5 burned discs and 5 regular discs. Hooked up my mp3 player to aux and it plays fine, just no cds.

    He said nothing to me about this when he was trying to sell it to me.

    I am waiting to hear back from him on a refund, just letting you guys know ahead of time I COULD get screwed over, but maybe hes a good guy. I went with this deck from him because I googled his user name and a bunch of positives came up from different forums on the net, so I figured nothing could go wrong.

    We will see. Like I said it could just be a screw up, I know I'm not perfect and neither is anyone else.

    In the mean time, I'm gonna look for an 8445.
    Last edited by bk12321; 07-23-2007 at 09:30 AM.



    References


    '02 Nissan Maxima
    Eclipse CD5000
    Directed D2400@1
    2xSWR-1242D


    Drpdmazda (aka Jason) = SCAMMER






  2. #2
    bk12321's Avatar
    bk12321 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    3,432
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: So much for the eclipse deck...

    Bump... for just put the sony deck back in and IT works just FINE. Gay.

    Hopefully I can get this issue squared away with the seller.



    References


    '02 Nissan Maxima
    Eclipse CD5000
    Directed D2400@1
    2xSWR-1242D


    Drpdmazda (aka Jason) = SCAMMER



  3. #3
    jeeper07's Avatar
    jeeper07 is offline Rebuilding&Reconstruc ting



    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,399
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: So much for the eclipse deck...

    i had an ok transaction with him. hope he fixes this up for u




    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/buyer-seller-feedback/211887-jeeper07-feedback.html

  4. #4
    drpdmazda's Avatar
    drpdmazda is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    pa
    Posts
    254
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: So much for the eclipse deck...

    i replied to your email. i sent you pics of the unit and you can clearly see in the pics that the unit is in good condition. you also seemed to have no complaints in your original post when you stated that it was a good deal and smooth transaction, or something along those lines. the unit was in perfect working order when it was removed from my truck and it was also tested before it was sent out. i have the original pic of it posted while it is playing a cd as well. as i said in the email i sent you i will file an insurance claim with the post office since i can only assume it was damaged during shipping and that is why its not playing cd's. the issue will get resolved just give it some time, we all know that the post office doesnt resolve things overnight



    jason



    references:
    colt9699 ( sold to )
    need-sq ( sold to )
    ccajun4real ( sold to )
    GI JOEY ( sold to )
    vxboi ( sold to )
    saj21187 ( bought from )


    ebay name: ohsolomazda

  5. #5
    bk12321's Avatar
    bk12321 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    3,432
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: So much for the eclipse deck...

    Quote Originally Posted by drpdmazda View Post
    i replied to your email. i sent you pics of the unit and you can clearly see in the pics that the unit is in good condition. you also seemed to have no complaints in your original post when you stated that it was a good deal and smooth transaction, or something along those lines. the unit was in perfect working order when it was removed from my truck and it was also tested before it was sent out. i have the original pic of it posted while it is playing a cd as well. as i said in the email i sent you i will file an insurance claim with the post office since i can only assume it was damaged during shipping and that is why its not playing cd's. the issue will get resolved just give it some time, we all know that the post office doesnt resolve things overnight



    jason
    I do not want to argue with you, but honestly it is not 9 out of 10 cosmetically, and the pictures don't show things that good lighting does. It has light scratches ALL OVER the face, I can easily get some pictures but honestly I don't think that would help matters at all and I don't want this to turn into an argument.

    I didn't care because I just wanted to get it in my car and be done with it, but now that it doesn't even read cds what am I supposed to do? I hate the hassle of sending stuff back, I would rather deal with something that is a little scratched and faded. That's just how I am. And I also posted that feedback before I got it in my car.

    Anyways, thanks for the reply Jason.
    Last edited by bk12321; 07-23-2007 at 09:41 AM.



    References


    '02 Nissan Maxima
    Eclipse CD5000
    Directed D2400@1
    2xSWR-1242D


    Drpdmazda (aka Jason) = SCAMMER



  6. #6
    Beat_Dominator's Avatar
    Beat_Dominator is offline Yea, thats Mecha Godzilla



    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Phoenix Arizona
    Age
    32
    Posts
    21,986
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: So much for the eclipse deck...

    Try a CD lens cleaner disk..... My 8443 needed the lens to be cleaned once.



    Comming Spring 2009


    I make rear-loaded, double crabshell, isobaric enclosures.

  7. #7
    bk12321's Avatar
    bk12321 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    3,432
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: So much for the eclipse deck...

    Quote Originally Posted by Beat_Dominator View Post
    Try a CD lens cleaner disk..... My 8443 needed the lens to be cleaned once.
    Honestly... I don't have one, and I don't want something that doesn't work as soon as I pull it out of the box. If I had owned it for a while and it started giving me problems, I would be inclined to try that, but not when I pull it right out of the box and put it in my car, you know what I mean???

    Thanks for the reply tho sry if I sounded like a jerk a little bit, not my intention



    References


    '02 Nissan Maxima
    Eclipse CD5000
    Directed D2400@1
    2xSWR-1242D


    Drpdmazda (aka Jason) = SCAMMER



  8. #8
    bk12321's Avatar
    bk12321 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    3,432
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: So much for the eclipse deck...

    Quote Originally Posted by BK12321
    Quote Originally Posted by Drpdmazda
    i replied to your email. i sent you pics of the unit and you can clearly see in the pics that the unit is in good condition. you also seemed to have no complaints in your original post when you stated that it was a good deal and smooth transaction, or something along those lines. the unit was in perfect working order when it was removed from my truck and it was also tested before it was sent out. i have the original pic of it posted while it is playing a cd as well. as i said in the email i sent you i will file an insurance claim with the post office since i can only assume it was damaged during shipping and that is why its not playing cd's. the issue will get resolved just give it some time, we all know that the post office doesnt resolve things overnight



    jason

    I do not want to argue with you, but honestly it is not 9 out of 10 cosmetically, and the pictures don't show things that good lighting does. It has light scratches ALL OVER the face, I can easily get some pictures but honestly I don't think that would help matters at all and I don't want this to turn into an argument.

    I didn't care because I just wanted to get it in my car and be done with it, but now that it doesn't even read cds what am I supposed to do? I hate the hassle of sending stuff back, I would rather deal with something that is a little scratched and faded. That's just how I am. And I also posted that feedback before I got it in my car.

    Anyways, thanks for the reply Jason.
    Okay, I thought about this a LOT today, and here is my issue. When I received the box, it was in perfect condition. Also, everything inside was wrapped with about 5 layers of bubble wrap. That being said, I can not see how it was magically "damaged during shipping", and I don't think USPS is going to give you anything back for insurance. I've been an eBay seller for years, and done selling on about 5 different forums since I was 16, and have never seen a claim rewarded for a box that was in good condition.

    Now, I want to get this issue resolved, and I don't know what else to tell you. I think you should give me a refund, i'll obviously ship you back the cd player, and then YOU figure things out with USPS in regards to the insurance claim. I don't see how any of this is my fault, so why I should have to keep a broken cd player while you have my money is beyond me. The seller is supposed to take responsibility if the item is damaged during shipping.

    If you receive an item DOA from best buy or even ANY ebay store or online store, their policy states you send it back, they refund you, and then THEY have to deal with it, not you. Same exact thing here.



    References


    '02 Nissan Maxima
    Eclipse CD5000
    Directed D2400@1
    2xSWR-1242D


    Drpdmazda (aka Jason) = SCAMMER



  9. #9
    drpdmazda's Avatar
    drpdmazda is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    pa
    Posts
    254
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: So much for the eclipse deck...

    Quote Originally Posted by bk12321 View Post
    Okay, I thought about this a LOT today, and here is my issue. When I received the box, it was in perfect condition. Also, everything inside was wrapped with about 5 layers of bubble wrap. That being said, I can not see how it was magically "damaged during shipping", and I don't think USPS is going to give you anything back for insurance. I've been an eBay seller for years, and done selling on about 5 different forums since I was 16, and have never seen a claim rewarded for a box that was in good condition.

    Now, I want to get this issue resolved, and I don't know what else to tell you. I think you should give me a refund, i'll obviously ship you back the cd player, and then YOU figure things out with USPS in regards to the insurance claim. I don't see how any of this is my fault, so why I should have to keep a broken cd player while you have my money is beyond me. The seller is supposed to take responsibility if the item is damaged during shipping.

    If you receive an item DOA from best buy or even ANY ebay store or online store, their policy states you send it back, they refund you, and then THEY have to deal with it, not you. Same exact thing here.

    and i am doing just that, i am taking care of the problem through the post office, as stated before the cd player worked perfect before it came out of my truck, perfect when i took pictures of it before playing a cd, and perfect when i bench tested it before i sent it to you, so yes i do think it got damaged in shipping. i will follow through with the claim and go from there.



    references:
    colt9699 ( sold to )
    need-sq ( sold to )
    ccajun4real ( sold to )
    GI JOEY ( sold to )
    vxboi ( sold to )
    saj21187 ( bought from )


    ebay name: ohsolomazda

  10. #10
    loudmofo's Avatar
    loudmofo is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Providence, Rhode Island, United States
    Posts
    4,543
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: So much for the eclipse deck...

    i had to clean my eclipses 8443 last week when it did the same thing now it works like a champ



    TEAM420
    TEAM CACTUS SOUNDS
    TEAM MAXXSONICS
    TEAM XSPOWER
    TEAM DC AUDIO
    SS 1-2 3rd PLACE 2007 INDY "REGIONALS"
    SS 1-2 1ST PLACE INDY AND 2008 NATIONAL CHAMPION.
    http://www.alphadamp.com

  11. #11
    bk12321's Avatar
    bk12321 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    3,432
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: So much for the eclipse deck...

    Quote Originally Posted by drpdmazda View Post
    and i am doing just that, i am taking care of the problem through the post office, as stated before the cd player worked perfect before it came out of my truck, perfect when i took pictures of it before playing a cd, and perfect when i bench tested it before i sent it to you, so yes i do think it got damaged in shipping. i will follow through with the claim and go from there.
    and you asked me to take it somewhere to get it checked out so I have proof of damage... I have no time for that and I don't want to have to PAY somebody to run an analysis on the cd player and TELL ME it doesn't work, I KNOW it doesn't work.

    and when they ask you for "proof of damage" like you were asking in that pm i sent you, i'm pretty sure they want to see the box or packaging so they can prove it was them and not you, and not an analysis showing it doesn't play cds... they don't care if it plays or not, they care if it was you or them who messed it up so they can decide if they need to pay for it or not.
    Last edited by bk12321; 07-25-2007 at 11:54 AM.



    References


    '02 Nissan Maxima
    Eclipse CD5000
    Directed D2400@1
    2xSWR-1242D


    Drpdmazda (aka Jason) = SCAMMER



  12. #12
    bk12321's Avatar
    bk12321 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    3,432
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: So much for the eclipse deck...

    Quote Originally Posted by xplorerdonon22s View Post
    i had to clean my eclipses 8443 last week when it did the same thing now it works like a champ
    To be fair, I will go tomorrow and buy a cleaner cd and try it out.

    It is completely invalid though, I don't want something that doesn't work the first time I hook it up. It's supposed to be 100% functional like he said.



    References


    '02 Nissan Maxima
    Eclipse CD5000
    Directed D2400@1
    2xSWR-1242D


    Drpdmazda (aka Jason) = SCAMMER



  13. #13
    drpdmazda's Avatar
    drpdmazda is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    pa
    Posts
    254
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: So much for the eclipse deck...

    Quote Originally Posted by bk12321 View Post
    and you asked me to take it somewhere to get it checked out so I have proof of damage... I have no time for that and I don't want to have to PAY somebody to run an analysis on the cd player and TELL ME it doesn't work, I KNOW it doesn't work.

    and when they ask you for "proof of damage", i'm pretty sure they want pictures of the box or packaging so they can prove it was them and not you

    hopefully you kept the packaging incase they need pictures of it.

    and as for having to spend money to get it checked out, you should be able to go to any circuit city or best buy and have them test it. i used to work for both places and never hadaproblem helping someone out that needed somthing for an insurance claim, im pretty sure if you asked they would do it for you no charge



    references:
    colt9699 ( sold to )
    need-sq ( sold to )
    ccajun4real ( sold to )
    GI JOEY ( sold to )
    vxboi ( sold to )
    saj21187 ( bought from )


    ebay name: ohsolomazda

  14. #14
    bk12321's Avatar
    bk12321 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    3,432
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: So much for the eclipse deck...

    Quote Originally Posted by drpdmazda View Post
    hopefully you kept the packaging incase they need pictures of it.

    and as for having to spend money to get it checked out, you should be able to go to any circuit city or best buy and have them test it. i used to work for both places and never hadaproblem helping someone out that needed somthing for an insurance claim, im pretty sure if you asked they would do it for you no charge
    Since you are hell bent on not giving me a refund, then I will take the cd player to a place tomorrow. I don't see how it matters, when usps tells you the packaging is fine and the cd player WASN'T damaged during shipping, I wanna see what happens then.

    EDIT: yes I still have the packaging, i keep all packaging for stuff like this.
    Last edited by bk12321; 07-23-2007 at 11:26 PM.



    References


    '02 Nissan Maxima
    Eclipse CD5000
    Directed D2400@1
    2xSWR-1242D


    Drpdmazda (aka Jason) = SCAMMER



  15. #15
    bk12321's Avatar
    bk12321 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    3,432
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: So much for the eclipse deck...

    Okay, here goes nothin.

    I asked my dad last night if he had a laser lens cleaner. He had one, so he left it out for me this morning when he went to work. I hooked the stereo up FOR THE SECOND TIME a few hours ago, not to mention I have to rewire it to my wiring harness every time I do this because I only have ONE and I already have an aftermarket deck in the car, so I have to keep switching them out. I am running low on electrical tape AND patience, so I am not doing this any more.

    Tried the cleaner, it did not work, still spits out cds. Wasted my time again. I had to put the gay *** sony deck back in my car again.

    Look Jason, I'm asking you right now for a refund. I'm not putting up with any more of this, and if I have to start a dispute on paypal or use some other method I will. I've already wasted 2-3 hours in the hot sun putting in stereos in my car, plus I scratched my leather seat messing around with this crap today.

    If i'm out to scam you, like you said I might be, by asking for my money back, then I will cross-ship the deck to an admin/second trustworthy party, then await payment from you, upon receiving payment they will ship you the cd player and I will have my money. I don't care how it's done but I want my money back. Once you have the cd player, you can file your claim with USPS and get all the insurance money back or not, I don't care.

    You will have a pm shortly, and if I need to get admins involved with this I will. I am 100% firm on this right now, I want a refund, and I think I am completely in the right for asking for my money back.

    I don't want to make you look like a bad seller if you aren't one, so please be reasonable.

    - Brandon

    p.s. I just shipped over $500 worth of gear today, 4 separate destinations, so if i'm really out to scam someone, why would I want $125 over that $500 worth of stuff??? hmmm....
    Last edited by bk12321; 07-24-2007 at 03:17 PM.



    References


    '02 Nissan Maxima
    Eclipse CD5000
    Directed D2400@1
    2xSWR-1242D


    Drpdmazda (aka Jason) = SCAMMER



Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum