Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Reload Thread: So much for the eclipse deck...

bk12321 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: So much for the eclipse deck...

Quote Originally Posted by delvryboy View Post
    You only have 30 days to make a paypal claim. I would jump on it asap.
    Already jumped thanks for keeping an eye out though.

References

'02 Nissan Maxima
    Eclipse CD5000
    Directed D2400@1
    2xSWR-1242D

Drpdmazda (aka Jason) = SCAMMER

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think 23 days constitutes a scammer, so its goin in my sig.

References

'02 Nissan Maxima
    Eclipse CD5000
    Directed D2400@1
    2xSWR-1242D

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

bump

mods, can I possibly get this thread moved to the bad feedback section?

References

'02 Nissan Maxima
    Eclipse CD5000
    Directed D2400@1
    2xSWR-1242D

buddyleee5 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

you should have looked through the feedback section on here. A few months back Jason sent me a pair of headrest monitors which were advertised as brand new and the cases on both monitors was broken and in awful condition. He refused a refund so I issued a chargeback through my creditcard company and got my money back that way.
    link to the thread. I charged him back and sent him back his POS monitors and got my money back.
    I VOUCH FOR A SCAMMER
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...ight=drpdmazda

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by buddyleee5 View Post
    you should have looked through the feedback section on here. A few months back Jason sent me a pair of headrest monitors which were advertised as brand new and the cases on both monitors was broken and in awful condition. He refused a refund so I issued a chargeback through my creditcard company and got my money back that way.
    link to the thread. I charged him back and sent him back his POS monitors and got my money back.
    I VOUCH FOR A SCAMMER
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...ight=drpdmazda
    I did look through the feedback section. If I would have seen that I would have probably given the headunit a second thought, the only thing I saw were positives. Thanks for the info though.

****** sellers FTL.

References

'02 Nissan Maxima
    Eclipse CD5000
    Directed D2400@1
    2xSWR-1242D

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bk12321 View Post
    bump

mods, can I possibly get this thread moved to the bad feedback section?
    Bump

References

'02 Nissan Maxima
    Eclipse CD5000
    Directed D2400@1
    2xSWR-1242D

CaliforniabOY5 is offline My Posts Were Deleted?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

sorry this happend....... i'll give ya 50 bucks for the HU

Refs: Louisiana CRX, rpfuror, marcusb419er ,JohnnyChuttz, qtipextra,Toxic Tuan,
    jmanpc(x2),tapout(x2),LBC99,TeamPSI,gl0ck, Blazemore ,brtnboarder3241(x2), genxx, hotshot27, mattmcss, calikid, Regal8r,SilverSPL, aGent,bbb543,mr_kebo
    and more on diymobileaudio.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Prowler573 View Post

CA.com - we may not be able to impart any knowledge whatsoever regarding your inquiries about car audio equipment...but at least we're entertaining!!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoSayWho? View Post
    Platestacker + Twistid = Plenty of reason to worry about the quality of recruits in the USAF.
    RollinGTO Loves Me!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniabOY5 View Post
    sorry this happend....... i'll give ya 50 bucks for the HU
    hahaha no thx. nice try though!

References

'02 Nissan Maxima
    Eclipse CD5000
    Directed D2400@1
    2xSWR-1242D

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bump.

I love how some admins were telling me Jason sounded SOOO legit when he wouldnt refund me and wanted to file a claim with USPS in the beginning.

References

'02 Nissan Maxima
    Eclipse CD5000
    Directed D2400@1
    2xSWR-1242D

Prowler573 is offline R.I.P. Gossamer!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Adding shipping insurance to packages being sent out isn't only to protect the buyer ~ it's also to protect the seller

Anyone who has ever bought anything from me can attest to the fact that I package my shipped items adequately to allow for them to withstand a mild hurricane or moderately severe abuse from baggage handlers.

If you receive something from me that isn't in the shape I/its pictures described to you prior to shipment I can promise you it wasn't my fault. I'm not going to come out-of-pocket to refund you either. I'm going to go through the process of filing the insurance claim and when that gets paid then so will the person that money rightfully belongs to.

Had he been legit to begin with this wouldn't have been an issue.

Refs: [CA.com] [eBay.com]

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Adding shipping insurance to packages being sent out isn't only to protect the buyer ~ it's also to protect the seller

Anyone who has ever bought anything from me can attest to the fact that I package my shipped items adequately to allow for them to withstand a mild hurricane or moderately severe abuse from baggage handlers.

If you receive something from me that isn't in the shape I/its pictures described to you prior to shipment I can promise you it wasn't my fault. I'm not going to come out-of-pocket to refund you either. I'm going to go through the process of filing the insurance claim and when that gets paid then so will the person that money rightfully belongs to.

Had he been legit to begin with this wouldn't have been an issue.
    While I agree with packing > insurance and have been absolutely CRAZY and meticulous about my packaging lately after ****ing up a sub in transit...

I don't agree with you holding on to someone else's money if YOUR package is damaged. If you pack as well as you say, and the package was damaged, then the claim should easily be awarded in your favor, so you should immediately refund the buyer upon knowing that the package was messed up by the shipper, after receiving the package back from the buyer.

I don't see why the buyer should have to wait while you have their money, when all they did was just wait on a package. They had NO control on 1) how well it was packed and 2) how the package was treated during transit.

And if you pack well enough, almost NOTHING can mess it up.

Either way, at least if he was legit I mightve gotten something out of it in the end. That would have been better than nothing.

References

'02 Nissan Maxima
    Eclipse CD5000
    Directed D2400@1
    2xSWR-1242D

Prowler573 is offline R.I.P. Gossamer!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bk12321 View Post
    While I agree with packing > insurance and have been absolutely CRAZY and meticulous about my packaging lately after ****ing up a sub in transit...

I don't agree with you holding on to someone else's money if YOUR package is damaged. If you pack as well as you say, and the package was damaged, then the claim should easily be awarded in your favor, so you should immediately refund the buyer upon knowing that the package was messed up by the shipper, after receiving the package back from the buyer.
    In every transaction of this type (online purchase - whether it be from an individual from here or some actual online business) there are three parties involved: (1) The buyer (2) The seller (3) The courier.
    Each plays their own integral role in throughout the process.
    (1) The buyer's responsibility is to pay up in a timely manner. That's pretty much the long and short of the buyer's participation.
    (2) The seller's responsibility is twofold ~ package the item[s] securely to avoid damage in transit and ship in a timely manner once payment in full has been tendered. The former of those two responsibilities is generally considerably more important than the latter
    (3) The courier's responsibility, once the package[s] has/have been tendered into their custody for shipment, is to get said shipment to its destination in (a) a timely manner and (b) in one piece safely. This part in bold is completely out of the immediate control of both the buyer and the seller.

If I have done my part and packaged my shipped item(s) in a safe and secure manner (please feel free to ask any of my previous trading partners on how well I do or do not package my shipped purchases) then should the commercial courier of my choice feel the need to abuse those items while under their control then why should the seller be penalized for it? Any moreso than the buyer?

I cannot speak for the ethics of any individual here or elsewhere outside of my own. I know I pack stuff well. I know that each and every item I have ever sent out was either exactly as described or better than described when it leaves here.
    Therefore the payment I have accepted for any of those items is payment for something I no longer have once it leaves here en route to its new owner.
    If the shipment is damaged in transit I no longer own the same thing I sent out, do I?
    I'm not giving up money which paid for something that isn't going to be returned to me in exactly the shape it left in ~ which, in my mind, is the reason for insuring it in the first place - if they screw it up then they can pay for their mistake! Because, quite frankly, I'm not doing it.

I don't see why the buyer should have to wait while you have their money, when all they did was just wait on a package. They had NO control on 1) how well it was packed and 2) how the package was treated during transit.
    Why should the seller be the one to wait? There's two sides to every coin, fella. The seller has no more control over the treatment that package recieved in transit anymore than the buyer does.

And if you pack well enough, almost NOTHING can mess it up.
    Have you seen some of the horror stories about abused packages via UPS, DHL, FedEx, USPS, all/any of them?
    Sometimes package handlers get bored. Apparently one method of quelling that boredom is to pick a package at random and play soccer with it in the sorting room.
    It happens. There's no avoiding it 100% of the time. All you can do is hedge your bets and package as securely as possible, add insurance to the shipment in a sufficient amount that it covers your buyer's expenditure if need be, and then pray while the package in en route.

Either way, at least if he was legit I might've gotten something out of it in the end. That would have been better than nothing.
    Agreed.

Refs: [CA.com] [eBay.com]

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why should the seller be the one to wait? There's two sides to every coin, fella. The seller has no more control over the treatment that package recieved in transit anymore than the buyer does.
    The seller at LEAST has control over how the item is packed, and trust me YOU CAN pack something well enough for it to not get damaged very easily at all.

When I shipped my Orion HCCA-D5000, I packed it well enough to protect it from a 4foot drop, and I "tested" the packaging before I shipped it. I also insured it, but the best insurance is good packaging.

Have you seen some of the horror stories about abused packages via UPS, DHL, FedEx, USPS, all/any of them?
    Sometimes package handlers get bored. Apparently one method of quelling that boredom is to pick a package at random and play soccer with it in the sorting room.
    It happens. There's no avoiding it 100% of the time. All you can do is hedge your bets and package as securely as possible, add insurance to the shipment in a sufficient amount that it covers your buyer's expenditure if need be, and then pray while the package in en route.
    Yes I have seen some pretty ****ed up packages. The majority of those packages that I saw were not up to par on the packaging though. I've seen some subs that SHOULD have been destroyed which arrived 100% fine.

Your best bet is to pack EVERYTHING as if it were about to go through a hurricane.

I do agree that you cant avoid it 100% of the time though. There's only so much protecting you can do if someone wants to really **** something up.

References

'02 Nissan Maxima
    Eclipse CD5000
    Directed D2400@1
    2xSWR-1242D

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4