Reload Thread: Audio Technix Before and after video

cthedinger is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Audio Technix Before and after video

Alright guys,
    i got my order of Audio Technix sound deadener in the mail today (thanks Coleman) and i did a little test with it, most of you have seen this test before. the video camera was 4 ft away from the sheet metal and the mic facing towards it. the item i used to hit the metal was a hammer. how did i know i didnt just hit it harder one time or the other you ask? easily. i tied the hammer to a string and measured the height at impact. i then raised it 18" from that point on a swinging motion and let go! like a pendulum. exact amount of force each time striking the metal.

the deadener was placed on a 12" x 12" sheet of metal that was 9/100th of an inch thick, a little thinner then 1/8". then a 6"x6" piece of Audio Technix deadener was applied. i used a heat gun on the metal for 30 seconds and the deadener for 30 seconds, and then rolled onto the sheet metal. i also dropped the sheet metal accidently, then i decided to drop it again with the deadener on it. it sounded like i dropped a piece of mdf. no "ting" what so ever. i am VERY pleased with this purchase and will be purchasing more!

Well i am comparing this deadener to other companies and i wanted to reuse the sheet metal, well after heating the metal and the deadener i quickly realized this is not coming off, a good thing i know haha. but i got a pair of pliers on just the foil and was pulling on it, well the stuff just stretched, the foil didnt come off of the deadener, the deadener didnt come off the metal lol. its in tact in both locations.

Colemans' customer service is remarkable as well, i texted him he gets back to me quickly, i hit him up on fb, hes there, i post in his thread, hes asking how i like my product. he is on top of his product and company- Bobby P.

Chriszle is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Re: Audio Technix Before and after video

I have 75/150 sq feet installed, and I gotta say I like it so far. I will get pics up once I am finished, and maybe a video if possible. For the price, the quality can not be beat, and I would highly recommend Audio Technix to anyone looking for deadner.

3. Thanks cthedinger thanked for this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

ace_800 is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Can't wait until I get back and lay down the 2 rolls in my GTO, keep that heat out.

Current set up: Island bombed out 92 mazda 626. Stock rust bucket

66 Pontiac GTO, modified stock radio, Crossfire CFA 302, Kicker KS6.2's in the front kicks, Crossfire CFA 452 for the 6x9's I need.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ace_800 View Post
    Can't wait until I get back and lay down the 2 rolls in my GTO, keep that heat out.
    I had another customer recently tell me that it helped him a lot with the heat coming in threw the floor board of his old classic car. Let me know what you think once you get it installed!