+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Reload Thread: Chronic Car audio stole my money and my sound! please help me?!?!

bagdntagd is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Chronic Car audio stole my money and my sound! please help me?!?!

I went to a Slangin Audio on Broadway to see if they could sell me a face plate to a DEH-5000ub. They guy behind the counter had no idea what I was looking for and so he went into the shop area to get another guy out to talk to me. He reek of weed...this guy was so high he should be walking around with a parachute. Extremely unprofessional...don't do it.

FenixAudio is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hey, im in phx. my company is called Fenix Audio. Im a mobile service. I also operate where i do most of my sales from. FenixAudio.com. i can get you a pioneer 5100ub, my warehouse has then on close out for 150 if your interested.

3kgtAudio is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bagdntagd View Post
    I went to a Slangin Audio on Broadway to see if they could sell me a face plate to a DEH-5000ub. They guy behind the counter had no idea what I was looking for and so he went into the shop area to get another guy out to talk to me. He reek of weed...this guy was so high he should be walking around with a parachute. Extremely unprofessional...don't do it.
    Lol, Slangin = Chronic. First of all, you should know what you are getting into when you go to a shop like that. There are a lot of back woods ghetto shops in this town, and Slangin is among the worst. I have fixed some cars that came out of there, and its bad, i mean like amps installed with 1 screwn and barely grounded bad. They appeal to the cheapest of the cheap, because they undercut everyone, but you get what you pay for, so i advise anyone to remember that.

MrJoJoBrown is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon6 Re: Chronic Car audio stole my money and my sound! please help me?!?!

I know this is waaaaay after this thread started, but I thought I'd share my experience with Chronic Car Audio on 7th St and Camelback.

I went in for one of their "Bass" packages. It came with an Amp (knock-off brand from California, pretty much junk - overheated quickly) and two very generic 12" Subs. For the price I was not being too picky. The salesman had mentioned that they do not have any boxes at the store for 12" Subs, but that they could take a 10" box and cut it to size. I asked, "Are you sure it will work?" The guy told me yeah. He also mentioned that if I didn't want that, then I could wait a few days till they get another one. I too waited for the sale and the install for hours, then got this bad news at the end. I was already ready getting angry with them and didn't want blow my very short fuse, so I kept it cool and told the guy to go ahead and cut me a box that they had for 10's. I waited about an hour for the guy to cut the holes to the right size, the whole hour was me looking at him cut the box himself, walking to another guy to have him look at it, seeing a look on their face like they needed to make a different cut, then him cutting it more. When all was said and done, I had been there for close to 5 hours. The guy who cut the box and put the subs into the box walked my box to my S-10 Blazer and hooked them up himself. (I Should have known something was up, but I was so tired from waiting that when he put the box in, I just wanted to go home and get some rest. I am disabled and was in a lot of pain and did not bring extra pain medicine that day.

I didn't even turn the system up that loud when I left because I wasn't really in the mood to bump it that day. So, the next day, I got in my Blazer and turned it on. Started bumping, well, tried to bump but it sounded like my speakers were blown. The bass sounded like garbage. I took it back to them when I got a chance, about two days later. Oh yeah, and I purchased their $20 Warranty for my products. When I told the guys there what it sounded like, one of them went outside to look at it. He said, "You must have pushed them too hard and blew them out." I told him how they were used by me and that there was no way that could have happened. After saying that, I looked at the box while staring at it a few seconds and noticed there was a gap under each speaker. The guy over-cut the holes for the speakers. When I mentioned it to the guy, he confirmed it, BUT said, "You should have noticed it before you left and we would've replaced it. Now, all we can do is sell you another box." I was mad, "Why the _____ would I want to buy another box when it was your guys fault for the problem?!" We had words and I left, because I was ready to use my anger in a way that could have got me in trouble. I started spreading the word ALL around my City (Phoenix) and anyone else I could find that was looking for Car Audio, to NEVER go to Chronic Car Audio, unless you want to get poor service, low quality products, and scammers to install your audio equipment. I don't like Audio Express either because they are also scammers, but at that time I even told people, "You're better off going to them!"

End result...the only thing I was happy about is that they wen't out of business! If they are running another business, I believe that they should have their license to sell audio equipment revoked indefinitely! If you have any problems with them, report the to the Better Business Buearu and the Attorney General's Office immediately. The more complaints of fraud and scamming they get for that business, they will get what is coming to them! Also, the number that user posted, "Matt", saying he use to work there, that is also fraudulent and can be reported. Get'em all! Fraud and Scams are not going to be tolerated by me or anyone else I know.

I read one thread on here and it was Good advice, make sure that you go to a place that is "Respectable", has "Good Customer Service", and known "Name Brand Products", "Not Knock-offs." Do your homework before purchasing, don't go in determined to get something right away (I know it's hard when you want something so bad, but as they say, "Good things come to those who wait" be patient. Compare "Quality", over price! Always! :-)
    Last edited by MrJoJoBrown; 10-31-2010 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Codes for Color did not work

JL Audio is offline ThugStep

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrJoJoBrown View Post
    I'm a fucking idiot.
    clearly. GTFO out of this old thread no one cares about.

IM GONNA FIRE MY LAZER AND SUCH.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow! I'm sorry, TheLow! I didn't know you're disability was worse than mine...I'll pray for you and the ignorant demon you have inside you.

jdawg is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheLow View Post
    clearly. GTFO out of this old thread no one cares about.
    that is kind of a **** thing to say asshat

but to OP
    for real?
    chronic car audio?
    you buy stereo **** from a shop named after weed?
    gtfo

refs
    woc47, nigro013, defconx3, louisiana_crx, bld 25, supa_c, lancer1978, sxkicker89, 310w6, more, i forget

Wingsfreak9 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FenixAudio View Post
    hey, im in phx. my company is called Fenix Audio. Im a mobile service. I also operate where i do most of my sales from. FenixAudio.com. i can get you a pioneer 5100ub, my warehouse has then on close out for 150 if your interested.
    great hu. love mine its a steal at 150

Quote Originally Posted by AZ_G6GT_Beatin View Post
    then your a D U M B A S S can you read that shi t
    Quote Originally Posted by misfit138 View Post
    How did you manage to pack that much stupid into such a small amount of words?
    Sold to: nom nom, Trever, Spooney, dkhage1, tghersh88

Bought from: MikeyF, Paaco1981, Thorshammer1, Sundownz, Ridinhi, Cl1ckclack, nom nom, profoundwill, vfrrider, El_Weenie, DBBOOM

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

JDawg, if you read my thread correctly, you would understand how I went in the store and bought what I bought. No offense, but, there are a lot of places named after dumb things that actually have good stuff. If you were from Phoenix, you would know that.

Wingsfreek9, thanks for the recommendation! I appreciate that!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7