PDA

View Full Version : Best 6.5 inch set for $400 with not alot of midbass

ChrominImpala
05-20-2005, 10:51 PM
I put that to get peoples attention to this thread.
I had some 6.5 inch Canton component sets up front. Powered by a RF 801x with 100 x 2 @ 4 ohm running to the set. Aluminum tweeters and all they weren't to harsh. I blew them though this past month and Canton will not cover them but just yesterday they called me offered 25% off a new set, thought it over, unless they give me another set pretty much im not running with them again.

I have some Image Dynamics 8" IDQ getting 200 x 2 @ 2 ohm so needless to say, were bangin midbass. Also we have a dual 30 band EQ to play with, Phoenix Gold Titanium.....

I like it bright and I like it loud. I said I like it bright not clashy.
I've got alot of ones i've checked out.
CDT and there whole line of 6.5 inch set's with upgraded tweets and x-over.
Focal
Image Dynamics
Canton again?
what else would work well for a guy like me?

I really want something similar in size to the Canton so i don't have to make new kickpanels.

zachzchw
05-20-2005, 10:58 PM
Theres no reason for you to put up an ignorant title so your thread will get attention.

:uhoh:

This question, or a close variation of it, is asked nearly every day.

:search: :search: :search:

audiolife
05-21-2005, 01:30 AM
Theres no reason for you to put up an ignorant title so your thread will get attention.

:uhoh:

This question, or a close variation of it, is asked nearly every day.

:search: :search: :search:
if we did that then the board would get posts like 4 times a week :p:

adam71
05-21-2005, 11:32 AM
Yes, and then post hores like audiolife would have nothing to do. :D :laugh: :D :jk:

audiolife
05-21-2005, 01:09 PM
hey at least i try to come up with some quality bullshit

Berry47
05-21-2005, 04:13 PM
I'd look into the diamond hex's. Very nice sounding set.

ChrominImpala
05-21-2005, 06:52 PM
aqua teen hunger force for life

I actually went with CDT Audio. they have awesome mounting depth in the EF series and I opted for the carbon fiber 6.5 inch mids. The 560 xover / DRT-26 tweeter aluminum.
I didn't need a big midbass performer with the 8's and and i need something that will fit my kicks I have made. Im just doing a direct swap of comp sets. $310 shipped.

Contenders were Image Dynamics chameleons, Focal,
any brand that is KNOWN for component set speakers.. CDT Audio seem's liek they might be to obsessed for me.
Another forum member agreed that my Canton's were 87dB sensitive and handled 90w. and this isn't a rule of thumb, but for a component set thats pretty inefficient and low power handling for a high end set if you ask me. The Canton's performed great before you turned them up to loud, they got really loud but not as loud as one would like here.
Alot of people have 200-300w a side for some 2-ways.

I did search the forums, just wnated to see what anyone thought off top of there head.