PDA

View Full Version : New to Car Systems

taintedjustice
05-20-2005, 02:54 PM
Hey peeps, whats up?

Im new to this and I need advice...

I have a '99 honda civic SI.. da coupe...

I need to find good speakers for it...

I already have a 3000W amp and 2 12"s... I found speakers for the doors.. but I need 2 tweeters and 2 speakers for the back....

Question is... would speakers from the doors.. fit the back as well, or do I need different sizes speakers? and what would be some good tweeters to buy? I would really like the help, thanks..

Ed

whiplash
05-20-2005, 03:02 PM
What kind of amp and subs are those...?

taintedjustice
05-20-2005, 03:09 PM
The amp is a Boss Td-3000, 3000 watts... then the 12"s are both audiobahn 800 watts each.

negativezeroz
05-20-2005, 03:23 PM
The amp is a Boss Td-3000, 3000 watts... then the 12"s are both audiobahn 800 watts each.

I seriously doubt that Boss is pushing 3KW RMS...

Your fronts are 6 1/2" are they not? and the rears are 6x9's I think (someone please check that cuz Im at school so I have to make this a fast one :))

Questions
1. Have you been to any local audio stores and listened to some components/coaxials?
2. How much you wanting to spend?
3. Do you have a new HU? (Head Unit incase you didnt know..)

I personally love Infinity and JBL so thatd be my choice

req
05-20-2005, 03:24 PM
just to put you straight man, those companies both blatently lie about their power ratings.

that amp is most likly not anywhere NEAR 3000w, and those 12's are prolly a bit overrated too... not trying to be a jerk or anything. just wanted to be straight up with you.

http://www.epinions.com/pr-Boss_PD-3000_2-Channel_Car_Audio_Amplifier/display_~full_specs
http://www.epinions.com/Audiobahn_12__Component_Subwoofer_AW1200EU___Subwo ofers_AW1200EU/display_~full_specs

uhm, speakers? your best bet would to buy another 4 channel amplifier and get some coaxial ones for the rear, and some components for the front.

taintedjustice
05-20-2005, 03:35 PM
I know man, I know your not trying to be a jerk. I just got that stuff for starters, I took a look at the links though, thanks.. I just wanna get a feel first... I mean.. the most I would spend is probally 3 grand on audio alone. I got a nice 10k$ bonus. any more tips?

impalafan95
05-20-2005, 03:43 PM
I know man, I know your not trying to be a jerk. I just got that stuff for starters, I took a look at the links though, thanks.. I just wanna get a feel first... I mean.. the most I would spend is probally 3 grand on audio alone. I got a nice 10k$ bonus. any more tips?
3 grand...if you have that kind of money play around with then scrap everything you have now, and start over...lol You could get a veeeeeery nice system for that much, just look for deals. The retail on the equipment I've got so far is over 5k, and I've spent like under 1400. With a 3k budget if you look for good deals, you could build an amazing system. What are you looking for in your system? Quality, loud, or a little of both?

evan

BTW 10k bonus...holy ****. I wish I had money like that, lol I'm making close to minimum, probably until I get out of highschool.

taintedjustice
05-20-2005, 03:48 PM
Its practially free money... Im gonna play around with what I have for about a year... at the end of the year, I'll build up, I plan on giving my whole car a make over. I guess I just need to find high quaity brands. But, i want some newling speakers and tweeters, just to mess around with.

negativezeroz
05-20-2005, 04:19 PM
since you have 10K...would you mind buying me a JBL A6000GTi? :up2somet:

well some "good brands"

JBL
Infinity
RE
Adire
Focal
CDT

impalafan95
05-20-2005, 05:26 PM