PDA

View Full Version : just need a lil fiberglass help

4xGmc
05-19-2005, 11:58 PM
Ok so im going to do ahalf fiberglass box for my s10 reg cab airspace was a real issue so i figure i can maximize space this way so i have the back of the cab all taped up and ready to go the question is how much material i will need as far as resin, mat and so on ty in advance for any replys

ruckus
05-20-2005, 12:05 AM
I was told to buy a gallon of resign its cheaper than buying smaller ammounts cause you always need more than you think. you will prolly use half a gallon but never know. get yourself 8-12 bags of mat and return what you dont use better to have more onhand than be caught with mixed resin and no mat left.

8inw7
05-20-2005, 01:23 AM
i used 1.5gallons for a sub box for a scion tc. That should let you know how much ud probably need for a box for a truck. Quite a bit im assuming

Deamonicus
05-20-2005, 01:31 AM
I made a small ~ 1.0 cu^3 ft box behind my wheel well in my trunk and it took about a gallon of resin and 3 bags of glass sheet (8 or 9 sq ft per bag). Like the others have said, buy in bulk. It's always cheaper and you don't want to run out. Look for a marine store for the best prices. Here's my first attempt at box building. http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=viewall&albumID=342980278 I'm starting on the other side right now and it seems like it will be so much better. Good luck man.

GCAdidas13
05-20-2005, 01:34 AM
Good idea on the return what you don't use thing :D