PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help

Kursed
05-19-2005, 12:50 AM
I was just moved up to manager of a stripclub around me i work at and the DJ quit so the boss insted of getting a new DJ told me to DJ knowing i knew how to use the dj equipment and being 18 i was upto date on the new music and stuff. so he is giving me a 3000 doller spending limit on new stuff i need/want. Now i need help is that i have no idea what would be a good sub to install and what kind of box or any of that stuff.so i just really wanna know if people on this board know how to make boxes for large rooms (a club) and wut kind of subs i have an extra 15inch XXX in my room but i dont think that would work.

ss3079
05-19-2005, 09:39 PM
Just how large is this room and what exact equipment are you in need of?

Kursed
05-21-2005, 04:38 PM
The room is pretty big and i was just lookin for a bass box just somthin to add some bass to the music. i'll try to meassure the room tonight.

JimJ
05-22-2005, 01:49 AM
You're looking at some sort of folded horn for the sub enclosure...

For amps, either QSX or Behringer 19" rackmount amps would do perfectly.

An 18SX or two in a folded horn, coupled to a Behringer rack amp or two would fit the bill perfectly...

Do you need other gear as well? Like mixers/crossovers/EQ's/whatever? Or just bass?

PV Audio
05-22-2005, 02:47 AM
yeah dude, car audio subs aren't exactly what ur looking for. ur gonna need some pro audio equipment : horns w/ high efficiency drivers

Kursed
05-22-2005, 08:04 PM
i have all the equipment just lookin for bass. but yea i know this probably isnt the the right forum to post on about this but yea i dont know any other forums/