PDA

View Full Version : Should I get a new headunit or no?

Hades2004
05-18-2005, 09:00 PM
Since i'm planning on getting a whole new setup for my car, I was thinking, that maybe I should also get a new headunit too. Right now I have the Alpine CDA-9833. I'm guessing like 60-70 people in my town have this headunit. And I really don't like having that same stuff as other people in my town. I'll spend up to $600 for a new headunit. Theres probably lots of good headunits in the price range. I just want something, that someone else won't have in my town.

cjjackson85
05-18-2005, 09:05 PM
No... spend the money on something else...

Slaugh
05-18-2005, 09:13 PM
seriously.. what a moron

I really don't like having that same stuff as other people in my town.

as said before... get something else

flakko
05-18-2005, 09:15 PM
but 600 bucks?? woah... you got money to blow huh?

get a high quality eclipse or a pioneer, or a kenwood excelon

Hades2004
05-18-2005, 09:21 PM
seriously.. what a moron

I really don't like having that same stuff as other people in my town.

as said before... get something else

You don't have be a f u c k i n p r i c k about it. You try living in a town where you can only get Alpine, Rockford, and Sony.

zachzchw
05-18-2005, 09:25 PM
Is the deck you have now lacking any features you want?
If not, then why get a new one? Who cares if alot of people in your town have it? You guys compare setups all the time or something?
If your deck doesnt have the features you want, then yes. If it perfoms well, then why bother?

Slaugh
05-18-2005, 09:33 PM
You don't have be a f u c k i n p r i c k about it. You try living in a town where you can only get Alpine, Rockford, and Sony.
where i live a very tiny minority of people have access to Alpine, Rockford or any other good brand... what we mostly have here are POS overpriced stuff made by my 3rd world poor *** country... plus any Alpine you americans pay 230 dollars we pay twice or three times (sometimes even more depending on the product... 600 dollars for a 12" Type R sub), if we're lucky to have the product we're looking for...

people here would be dying to be able to buy this stuff like you north americans do. and you can have everything we want here and still brag about wanting to be differnt

and btw... i WISH i lived in a place where i could get Alpine and Rockford... well maybe not Sony heh

3.5Max6spd
05-19-2005, 10:05 AM
if you are going to change HUs least you could do is get something better- get your self a 24bit Eclipse or Clarion pro audio....

tRiGgEr
05-19-2005, 10:10 AM
If your only beef with the head unit is that other people have it. Keep it.

OT - you might want to work on that self esteem...

Decipha
05-19-2005, 10:13 AM
since you don't want your HU i'll buy your 9833 for $100 shipped???