PDA

View Full Version : CDA-9855 Issues

audiofx81
05-17-2005, 11:54 PM
Hey all i just recently installed my cda-9855, and have a ew concerns. When i first turn on ignition to acessory or turn the car on, the cd player loads plays for a few seconds then stops for a few seconds then plays fine, it only happens on the cd portion, radio, sat radio etc load and stay fine. I hope my unit is not defective *sigh*

cjj2d
05-18-2005, 12:47 AM
try and reset the deck. I had an issue where it was fading and balancing wrong and just hit the reset button and all is well.

audiofx81
05-19-2005, 10:52 PM
i tried resetting didnt work, *sigh* called alpien they said send it back to the place i bought it from (internet) so i guess ill be without tunes, ***** i jsut got this thing

CONSOLIDATED
05-20-2005, 04:21 PM
I just ordered a 9853, so hopefully thats a unique problem to the 9855.

It would, of course, be better if your headunit was defective or something, and you got yours fixed, and everyone lived happily ever after.

But more importantly, it better not happen to mine . :D

joeboxer5876
05-20-2005, 04:39 PM
sorry to thread jack but has anyone had problem with 9835's reading mp3. i had to reburn all my cds in wma cause out of 100 sond 5 would be unreadable

Slaugh
05-20-2005, 05:57 PM
am i the only one here who is suprised with the amount of threads regarding Alpine issues??

desertheat
05-20-2005, 10:11 PM
< have 4 alpine decks and all perfect. 2 are mp3 decks, the 9835 and the 9843. I found that on my crappy burner it did not like some tracks but with my good yamaha burner all is perfect every time. I could not be happier with the decks. Going to purchase a 9845 this weekend for the spare car as well.

ryanwiggum
05-21-2005, 01:39 PM
I had problems with the faceplate, some buttons did not function correctly and the power indicator light would flash rapidly for no reason. I sent my unit in for repair yesterday

Other people have similar issues as well:
http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/4/133474.html

cjj2d
05-21-2005, 10:29 PM
I have had many alpines.

all with no problems or issues at all, that is one of the reasons I continue to use alpine, quality has been topnotch with my experiences.

audiofx81
05-22-2005, 02:10 AM
Ok heres an update to the problem, while wiring my car for my system i was messing with the HU. Now heres the thing, i have a SIR-ALP1 for sirius. I had sirius disconnected to re-route the wire for it, i turned the HU on, cd comes on and waiting... music didnt turn off and back on like it usually did, after further testing, when the sir-alp1 has power and is connected, and my last source was a cd; I turn the car on and it plays a few secs then stops for 2-3 secs then resumes fine, this is only when sir-alp1 is powred on. Ok so i thought maybe my power setup (plugged into an empty fuse slot) was a bad connection. so i attached a test wire to the end of the sir-alp1 power wire, and run it to the battery directly, turn on HU and sure enough it still has the problem. Maybe the sat radio turner box is defective? bad ground for the sir-alp1 (dont think this it or the unit most likely wouldnt get sat radio at all) Im very stumbled by this alpine tech support was worthless.
One more thing i am going to try tommorow is a fresh wire directly from sir-alp1 box to battery positive and negative via a zipcord. Anyone have any ideas? (the good news is without sirius the HU runs fine none of the issues others have had)

Beat_Dominator
05-22-2005, 02:13 AM
My first Alpine ownz all of those. 7840

http://icdweb.cc.purdue.edu/~blustc/images/cda7840.jpg

SirClay
05-22-2005, 05:14 PM
I just installed my 9855 yesterday and I can't be happier. But, at first I was worried. The entire unit was fluttering. It looked like it wasn't getting enough power. But after 3 min or so it stopped. It did that the first two times I turned it on. It hasn't done it again, so I assume/hope everything is ok.

2wheeler
05-22-2005, 07:03 PM
only slightly off topic.. I got a 9830 last month and I'm sending it back because 5 times now it loses all but the sub output. Resetting brings the sound back, but when reset all adjustments are lost. Gonna get the Eclipse I wanted in the first place...

audiofx81
05-22-2005, 07:07 PM
2wheeler, i wanted eclipse too thats all i ever used but i didnt like the 05 line , however i might just have to get one down the line and sell the alpine. Anyway back on topic: REPOST

Ok heres an update to the problem, while wiring my car for my system i was messing with the HU. Now heres the thing, i have a SIR-ALP1 for sirius. I had sirius disconnected to re-route the wire for it, i turned the HU on, cd comes on and waiting... music didnt turn off and back on like it usually did, after further testing, when the sir-alp1 has power and is connected, and my last source was a cd; I turn the car on and it plays a few secs then stops for 2-3 secs then resumes fine, this is only when sir-alp1 is powred on. Ok so i thought maybe my power setup (plugged into an empty fuse slot) was a bad connection. so i attached a test wire to the end of the sir-alp1 power wire, and run it to the battery directly, turn on HU and sure enough it still has the problem. Maybe the sat radio turner box is defective? bad ground for the sir-alp1 (dont think this it or the unit most likely wouldnt get sat radio at all) Im very stumbled by this alpine tech support was worthless.
One more thing i am going to try tommorow is a fresh wire directly from sir-alp1 box to battery positive and negative via a zipcord. Anyone have any ideas? (the good news is without sirius the HU runs fine none of the issues others have had)

SirClay
05-23-2005, 08:06 PM
Kinda off topic...Today my 9855 stopped moving. As in I could not take out a cd or put on in, or make it tilt. I was pissed because I just bought it a week ago. I installed it myself and it worked for about a week now, so I knew at one point it worked. I called bestbuy (thats where I bought it from) and they said to just reset it. They said they have had that problem kinda often with the 9855s. So I just pulled it out and reset the unit and it works just like new now. Just fyi if that happens to you...

Slaugh
05-23-2005, 08:12 PM
Alpine is SERIOUSLY pissing me off with their head unit issues http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/images/smilies/mad.gif

SirClay
05-24-2005, 04:12 AM
Yeah, so my 9855 is broke again. It wont open or close. Could this be possible from me screwing up on the wiring? Or what the hell is going on?

Sorry for jacking the thread.

joeboxer5876
05-24-2005, 01:16 PM
my alpine has been top notch. the mp3 issue happened on another 9835 on the same tracks. might be the burner, but the mp3 i think is a little sensitive. wma is better anyways, supposed to have cd quality sound and about 1/3 smaller than mp3. and i have the sirius hookup and none of it has been a problem.

dnosryd
05-24-2005, 04:00 PM
Yeah, so my 9855 is broke again. It wont open or close. Could this be possible from me screwing up on the wiring? Or what the hell is going on?

Sorry for jacking the thread.

I just recently bought a 9855 and am now starting to have a problem when I hit the open button it stops playing but doesn't eject the CD. I got really pissed at it so I thumped the face right after I pushed the button and it opened up. I've had it back to where I had it installed twice and of course the problem can't be replicated. I'm totally bent beause I paid about $450 and I have to treat it like a $20 tv that starts to go fuzzy so you hit it with a shoe to make it work again.

Black_Jesus
05-24-2005, 04:20 PM
/me pats his 9835 in his headunit case

SirClay
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I just recently bought a 9855 and am now starting to have a problem when I hit the open button it stops playing but doesn't eject the CD. I got really pissed at it so I thumped the face right after I pushed the button and it opened up. I've had it back to where I had it installed twice and of course the problem can't be replicated. I'm totally bent beause I paid about $450 and I have to treat it like a $20 tv that starts to go fuzzy so you hit it with a shoe to make it work again.

dam, thats gay. I'm pissed. I think I am about to go back to where I bought it and tell them to give me another one.

audiofx81
05-25-2005, 12:28 AM
Does anyone here have a CDA-9855 with a SIR-ALP1 sirius tuner? If so Please do this test for me, have your source as cd start playing a song, turn your car off, wait a few seconds turn car back on, see if cd plays for a minute without stopping.

LightningStryk7
05-25-2005, 01:42 AM
OT (sorry) My 9853 sometimes the face plate dont move (rarely happens) but when it does I just hit the side of of my console and it fixes. I think it only happens when my car gets really hot.

joeboxer5876
05-25-2005, 03:38 PM
now i think im glad i didnt go with the 9855. there was only 3 9835 and retail shops with 40 miles of my house when i bout it.