PDA

View Full Version : Speaker Sizes

Galea
05-15-2005, 09:22 PM
Hi I am new to the forums so please forgive me if this has been posted before. I searched google and these forums but found nothing.

So I just started to work on my car and today I installed my head unit. It's my first install and I'm very pleased. However I have run into a problem. I am trying to find the size of my cars speakers. It is a 1999 corolla with 4 speakers and the head unit was a cassette deck. I tried to measure but I didn't know how to remove the Speaker covers. I think they might be 5 1/4 but I'm not sure. Can someone tell me if this is correct? Thanks.

bcarpenterfhl
05-15-2005, 09:24 PM
have you tried measuring?

Galea
05-15-2005, 09:33 PM
Yes, but I don't know if it is accurate. I looked from the trunk to try and find the rear speaker sizes but it doesn't seem right. I also tried from the front and it seemed to be about 5 and 1/4" however, This was with the cover over the speaker

SPL140.2
05-15-2005, 09:39 PM
Hi I am new to the forums so please forgive me if this has been posted before. I searched google and these forums but found nothing.

So I just started to work on my car and today I installed my head unit. It's my first install and I'm very pleased. However I have run into a problem. I am trying to find the size of my cars speakers. It is a 1999 corolla with 4 speakers and the head unit was a cassette deck. I tried to measure but I didn't know how to remove the Speaker covers. I think they might be 5 1/4 but I'm not sure. Can someone tell me if this is correct? Thanks.

Go to www.crutchfield.com type in your car and itll give ya all the speakers meant for your car ;)