PDA

View Full Version : premier 860

jellyfish420
05-15-2005, 11:20 AM
i've heard alot about these having faulty preouts...what exactly is the problem?
my friend just got one, and now the subs make wierd noises :(
they pop when you hit the brake, shift into gear, any thing electrical, heat, windows, etc...
they will even pop with the sub switched off on the h/u. also when your changing tracks on the cd you can "hear" the laser moving, thru the subs. is this the infamous rca problem? or is it something totally diff?

bamaboy
05-15-2005, 11:39 AM
i have no problem like that, ive never heard of it is it common

B@SSAN8OR
05-15-2005, 11:47 AM
i called a service center near my house today and they told me the reason this is happening. with pioneer units.

it is because of a poor ground on the amplifier. not the deck. and what it does is it will blow a surface mount fuse on circuit board. once it has happend you will need to fix the unit and it is easy for a service center to fix it.

one way to make sure it does not happen it to solder a ground wire onto the shield of the rcas and gorund it so that it will not feed back into the unit.

or if you make your own rcas you could diode isolate them so it can not back feed through the system.

and the reason it does not blow on some units is because it might have a bigger fuse on it. or it could not be fused at all.

so that is the reason behind it. hope that helps everyone.

Hybrid90accord
05-15-2005, 11:06 PM
Also unpluging the harness from the radio while the radio is on can cause it also, that's what happen to my 8600, I pulled on the harness and it came out and when I plug'ed it back in i had hella ground noise so I just got it serviced and the problem stopped.

adam71
05-16-2005, 09:33 AM
I have one in my beater car and I have 2 acquaintances that use 860s and none of those guys have had any problems. My good friend installs for a local shoppe that deals Premier head units and there have been NONE returned to them. They've had more 840s and 850s brought back than anything else, but for faulty ribbon cables though. ;)

Decipha
05-16-2005, 09:40 AM
does any1 know how to change this fuse i had a similar problem and bought a new HU but i still have the old one that has the alternator whine