PDA

View Full Version : Port Question

hookdupexpo
05-15-2005, 08:03 AM
Hey, First time im bulding a box and i know its a dumb question, but **** happens. Does the ft^3 of the box end at the port, or include the port? End at the port makes sense, but yeh, its my first time. And if any one can help me with the port, im making a 2.5 ft^3 ported box for a Treo SSi 15. I was thinking tuned to 38Hz, but I dont know how to figure out the port size for tuning, so help is appreciated. And as I think about it, should I just make the box sealed? Im putting it in my new range rover, so Im tryin to get it as clean as it can be. But im afraid if i seal it, then ill miss the extreme lows and ill have to build a new box anyway. If you know about this sub, can you help me, from what ive heard it is about 50/50 spl sq, maybe a little bit more sq. Got a good deal and wanted to give it a go.

mykeys
05-15-2005, 10:17 AM
What do you really want the sub to do? You can make a ported enclosre do just about anything. Where as a sealed is clean and tight but doesn't always have great bottom end.

Mike

hookdupexpo
05-15-2005, 08:15 PM
yeah, i know all of that, i guess i just kind of need to decide what i want out of the sub

psych0ticnemes1
05-15-2005, 08:47 PM
tune to 30 htz if you want 50/50

38 i wayyyyyyyyyy too high if you want any kind of sound quality

hookdupexpo
05-16-2005, 06:44 PM
Yeah, my last box was 30 and I liked it, but the guy i am getting this sub from had his at 38 and swears that the sq held up. Ill go with 30 though. You think 2.5 ft^3 is still good?