PDA

View Full Version : ID's, Koda or better?

fossil99ca
05-13-2005, 09:52 PM
Kicking around some ideas how to improve my front stage. I keep looking at the Koda 6 components but the Id 6ís (2 ohm) look really good if I went active using my current tweeter and amp. Or even IDís 8Ē, 2 ohm would be good but that means really squeezing them into my doors but I would do it. As I donít have any dealers here in Canada to listen to them, just want some opinions in the sub $400 price range.

Currently running Infinity 6Ē components now (silk dome). I like them but I would like to improve the lower end output. My amp, JBL, 40 x 4 (ohm), 80 x 4 (2 ohm), 160 bridged.

Sub, Kappa Perfect 10"
SQ first, then SPL

Are the IDís hard to get in the 2 ohm model?
Are the IDís a standard 6Ē install?
What about the Chameleon's compared to the Koda's components

Thanks in advance

JAZN
05-13-2005, 10:09 PM
Are the IDís hard to get in the 2 ohm model?
Are the IDís a standard 6Ē install?
ID's are easy to get in 2ohm.
they are not your standard 6". ive never even heard of a standard 6" install, just 5 1/4 and 6 1/2. ;)
if u could squeeze in 8"s properly, that would be killer. never had kodas so dunno.

fossil99ca
05-13-2005, 10:57 PM
When I said 6's, I ment 6-1/2". The infinity's just droped right into my Maxima, same bolt pattern.
There's room for small 8's without modifing the door pannel, just need custom mounting/spacers to attach to the metal part of the door.

Do you know how the ID's 6-1/2"compare to the Koda's 6-1/2", SQ and SPL wise