PDA

View Full Version : all you who know alot about mods

italianlifter17
05-13-2005, 01:27 PM
how much horsepower will i get if i get turboback exaust for my wrx.

josh99ta
05-18-2005, 10:42 AM
How about you...

1. Get the car, then worry about the mods.

2. Find yourself a WRX specific forum, and they should have much more detailed information, because every model of car is different.

Not trying to be a **** here, but if you dont have the car (as your signature says), all these questions are completely irrelevant.

snebes
05-18-2005, 10:44 AM
And learn how to drive it first too. It will only help in the end

Beat_Dominator
05-18-2005, 02:47 PM
20hp

XtrmAudioCncpts
05-18-2005, 02:53 PM
depends on how big the piping is... if the piping is too big you will lose horses

marleyskater420
05-19-2005, 01:10 PM
Learn how to drive it,cuz if you cant drive it, then adding hp wont even help you

jc25t
05-19-2005, 01:16 PM
depends on how big the piping is... if the piping is too big you will lose horses
Umm, thats not actually the case...

Bigger pipe = better on turbo

But its a different story on N/A.

norcalSRTrida
05-21-2005, 05:06 PM

bigger the better for turbo. your turbo contains...i forget the exact #, but its a sh!tload of pressure. so getting rid of the most you can will do wonders.

as far as exhuast...

check gruppe-s for downpipes and up pipes. or even helix.

hks, blitz, greddy, and cobb have great exhuasts. i almost ended up w/ an STi, but got a SRT-4 instead

check clubwrx.net . very knowledgeable

ChiefontheDitty
05-21-2005, 05:12 PM
Umm just so you know when you put bigger pipes on the Rex for example 3inch you will only lost low end torque(what a Rex is made for) but if you go with 2.5 inch piping you wont get the high rpm horsepower but a hell of alot more torque. And as previously said, wait until you are comfortable with the cars power before you add more. And a 3 inch turboback without a cat, has been said to add around 50 horsepower in the upper rpm range. First get a Helix up-pipe wont regret it, the turbo will spool faster because there isnt the cat blocking. Chief

ighettoboyi
05-21-2005, 06:18 PM
i dunno how many rex threads this guy's made, just hilarious. kind of reminds me of this one guy i knew that worked his *** off at a coffee shop for years and finally was able to get a wrx. he crashed it in months lol

italianlifter17
05-21-2005, 06:26 PM
i dunno how many rex threads this guy's made, just hilarious. kind of reminds me of this one guy i knew that worked his *** off at a coffee shop for years and finally was able to get a wrx. he crashed it in months lol

too bad im not gonna drive it like a idiot. :)

ChiefontheDitty
05-22-2005, 07:52 PM
www.clubwrx.net, www.wrxtuners.com, www.streetcarforums.com, www.nasioc.com, there are others but those are some of the better ones out there. How long until you pick up your Rex? And get rid of the tires once you get it. Chief

marleyskater420
05-24-2005, 01:15 AM
bigger the better for turbo. your turbo contains...i forget the exact #, but its a sh!tload of pressure. so getting rid of the most you can will do wonders.

as far as exhuast...

check gruppe-s for downpipes and up pipes. or even helix.

hks, blitz, greddy, and cobb have great exhuasts. i almost ended up w/ an STi, but got a SRT-4 instead

check clubwrx.net . very knowledgeable

The up-pipe as you would call it,contains anywhere from 1.5-3x as much pressure as the MAP is seeing. So if you are running 10psi w/ 2x backpressure, the turbo would be then seeing 20psi of backpressure. There is a point where the backpressure actually equals the MAP, and the turbo itself becomes 100% efficient, but this only happens at around 40psi on select turbos on select cars...very rare

Umm, thats not actually the case...

Bigger pipe = better on turbo

But its a different story on N/A.

Which pipes do you refer? The up-pipe still needs to maintain some restriction to help the velocity.

ChiefontheDitty
05-25-2005, 11:16 PM
Thats why you keep the same size up-pipe, but just without the cat. Chief