PDA

View Full Version : I officially hate bondo!

djXternal
05-12-2005, 07:34 PM
Ok so ive started bondoing my enclosure... was goin ok till i found 6-7 spots where when sanded down will be soft and wont harden

yes i used enough hardener on all my bondo, and to be sure i let those spots sit all night untouched

ive tried scraping all the wet stuff out of 2 of em and refilling with a new batch of bondo, but then i just seem to get more around the area it was before.....

any ideas why this happened or how i could fix it?

ruckus
05-12-2005, 08:12 PM
try putting some resin and hardener in it maybe you didnt use enough hardener when you were fibering and its having a reaction to the bondo.

InhumanAcura
05-12-2005, 08:32 PM
yes i used enough hardener on all my bondo

if you had, you wouldnt have un-hardened bondo...

bcarpenterfhl
05-12-2005, 09:27 PM
if you had, you wouldnt have un-hardened bondo...

x2. just add some hardener to the wet stuff. and in the future, mix better!

LoudCrownVic
05-13-2005, 04:39 PM
x2, def mix better. Nothing ***** worse than Bondo zits.

djXternal
05-13-2005, 07:39 PM
yea.... i put some hardener on those spots earlier today, im out of sunlight for today, so ill check it tommorrow and hopefully all i have to do is refill the holes and sand it back down

azbass
05-13-2005, 08:00 PM
lol... bondo zits..

djXternal
05-13-2005, 08:37 PM
perfect description of those little buggers too

djXternal
05-14-2005, 02:05 PM
ok so just smearing hardener into the spots with wet bondo didnt seem to work... looks like nearly 50% of my entire first layer of bondo is wet.... i musta been real tired when i did that or just too anzious to finally get this thing painted

but anywayz....
i am going over the whole thing finding any soft spot i can and prying up as much bondo will some up, then im filling the holes where the wet bondo is with some fiberglass resin to sorta seal off the wet from what'll go on top of it

any of you guys think this will actually work?