PDA

View Full Version : disassembling alpine face

noob with an RS
05-11-2005, 05:19 PM
hey has anyone ever taken apart the face of their alpine to clean or do ANYTHING to it? the DETACH button on my alpine 7995 isnt working.. when i press detach the little plastic piece on the other side of the face doesnt poke out to detach itself from the head unit. im thinking about disassembling the face and trying to fix the spring or something of the DETACH button. im scared that just by taking it apart it wont work when i put it bacc together. thats what happened to me with a computer keyboard lol. anyone know if i can take it apart without worrying about it going to crap after doing so?? i cant stand not being able to detach it becuz its a nice decc and where i live a LOT of cars get stolen.. especially the car i have - acura integra.. the number one stolen vehicle in america.

Slaugh
05-11-2005, 05:38 PM
oh man don't do that

take it to the technical assistance or something... you will end up only screwing it up even more if you couldnt even managed to put a basic computer keyboard back again...

noob with an RS
05-11-2005, 08:15 PM
well it seems like im going to have to detach the face everytime i need to by just yanking it off the head unit. it doesnt seem to hurt the face or the unit but im verry worried that over time the plastic pieces that keep the face on will wear out and the face wont stay anymore. i really dont want to have to send it out to alpine for them to fix a little plastic piece and have to pay tens of dollars for it.. im really bummed. this totally succs. of course im not going to leave the face on the unit everytime i leave my car somewhere.. i drive a VERY easy car to steal and am sporting a nice silver/blue alpine which looks hot!! ****... :(

Slaugh
05-11-2005, 08:42 PM
try ebaying another faceplate on ebay... i dont know...

or get another Alpine... steel faceplate is really to blingy...

do you like the 9835? you can find used one for very cheap nowadays

noob with an RS
05-11-2005, 08:57 PM
i want a 9855