PDA

View Full Version : Three way setup... What do you guys reccomend

Buckshot
05-09-2005, 10:32 PM
I have 300 watts x2 @ 4 Ohms. So power won't be a problem. But I wanted a three way setup because I really want to fill that MIDBASS category if possible.

cobra133
05-10-2005, 01:10 AM
CDT, best bang for the buck

squeak9798
05-10-2005, 02:13 AM
CDT, best bang for the buck

Hardly.

What's your budget?? And don't think that you can't get midbass out of a 2-way setup ;) So, don't limit yourself to 3-ways for that reason alone......

Buckshot
05-10-2005, 10:13 AM
Budget is undecided yet, I want to see what is out there. It may take me a little while to save up for somthing, but I just wanted to know my options. I have the power, can make kicks or whatever, but don't know what to use for good midbass response, as well as highs.

GCAdidas13
05-10-2005, 10:16 AM
Budget undecided? Sweet let me make a pass at this.

Four pairs of Iridiums sealed in kicks. Wired in series/parallel config so load will be 4 ohms.

Or just one pair will do.

But four would be sweet.

squeak9798
05-10-2005, 10:52 AM
The DLS Iridium 8.3 setup would rock. Pricey though, very pricey. Dynaudio System 360. Boston Pro's. Focal has some, but are very expensive. Rainbow has some....Morel aswell I believe.

But, again, hard to say without an actual budget ;)

Also, if you wanted to get really tricky, you could go active and DIY your own 3-way frontstage :naughty: (<---new smilies :D )

jrouter76
05-10-2005, 05:26 PM
Hardly.

What's your budget?? And don't think that you can't get midbass out of a 2-way setup ;) So, don't limit yourself to 3-ways for that reason alone......Exactly what do you have against CDT? I think they are a very good Hand -Built Components...you just don`t give them no love and you seem to be the only one!

squeak9798
05-10-2005, 05:28 PM
you just don`t give them no love and you seem to be the only one!

LOL...again, hardly ;) Go look up threads from about 6 months ago from Werd and George. They got ****** into the hype and weren't happy with their purchase at all. That's just one of the many examples of people being ****** into the hype that they are given around here, and then regretting their purchase later. Ask audiolife about them aswell ;)

Are they decent? I guess. Best bang for the buck? Not at all.

jrouter76
05-10-2005, 05:36 PM
LOL...again, hardly ;) Go look up threads from about 6 months ago from Werd and George. They got ****** into the hype and weren't happy with their purchase at all. That's just one of the many examples of people being ****** into the hype that they are given around here, and then regretting their purchase later. Ask audiolife about them aswell ;)

Are they decent? I guess. Best bang for the buck? Not at all.
what was it that they didn`t like(don`t know where to look up the old thread) as for as hype goes that`s with alot of speakers one that comes mind is MBQuart..hads some didn`t like them at all

mulisharider10
05-10-2005, 05:43 PM
i love my boston pros. they have a bit of a price tag on them but not nearly as much as some out there have. Try jl, they have a set too i think. I bet they wont dissapoint you.

squeak9798
05-10-2005, 05:50 PM
what was it that they didn`t like

Everything, IIRC. Just weren't happy with them at all.

That's the problem with forum "boners" though.......

Buckshot
05-10-2005, 10:40 PM
i love my boston pros. they have a bit of a price tag on them but not nearly as much as some out there have. Try jl, they have a set too i think. I bet they wont dissapoint you.

Thanks for the info guys, I got JL Coax's right now, and I really liek them. Jl's are lower on the power handling I think though, but that doesn't matter. :veryhapp: