PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer DEH-P8400MP Assistance

n0c7
05-09-2005, 02:08 PM
Description: Pioneer 8400MP MP3/CD Player

Issue: The head unit is fully operational but after being on for a certain period of time, especially on warm days, I cannot open the player when the face plate is closed. I'm figuring part of the mechanism that slides the face plate down is expanding because of heat causing it not to open, contracts once it cools down and then I'm able to open it. If I drive around with the face down it doesnt cause me any problems opening and closing it, its only when I drive with it closed. I hate driving with it open because I tend to hit it with the shifter. Any help appreciated. I have taken it in once and the place that looked at it said the face was bent but he couldnt show me where and claimed they had fixed it, so I don't trust their answer or their shop as the problem still exists.

Trancer
05-10-2005, 01:07 AM
Honestly, just contact pioneer through pioneerusa.com

adam71
05-11-2005, 11:41 AM
:( Yeah, there has been lots of problems with those units. I love Pioneer but I will never spend my money on one of their dual faced units. :crap:

n0c7
06-15-2005, 02:46 PM
:( Yeah, there has been lots of problems with those units. I love Pioneer but I will never spend my money on one of their dual faced units. :crap:

Repaired it and got rid of that piece of **** and got a good deposit towards a new 7700(non-motorized) :cool:

adam71
06-15-2005, 07:10 PM
Repaired it and got rid of that piece of **** and got a good deposit towards a new 7700(non-motorized) :cool:

Good for you, the 7700 is probably the newest looking deck Pioneer has to offer at this time. Just so you know, the 7700 is also "motorized". Its just not dual faced like your 8400. I guess Pioneer has fixed that dual face problem though, my Premier dealer/friend said they haven't seen any 960s back since they've sold their entire inventory of them. :D

AlpineRs
07-27-2005, 11:37 PM
Well not to say your guys are wrong but you are.

The fix is only 12 bucks and this head unit is AMAZING. My girlfriend has the 77 and ihave the 840 premier. AMAZING unit. simular but the 840 is alot clear and more options. The fix is easy. Funny its a 500 dollar unit i got it for 50 bucks from a friend that THOUGHT it was broke cause the face was acting stupid. And i knew these head units. SOOO got the part installed it and works like a charm. All it is the ribbon that goes from the outer face pannel into the deck. Its very easy to fix.

Love pioneer Premier!

And she runs my Alpines like a CHARM!

alphakenny1
07-28-2005, 02:57 AM

The fix is only 12 bucks and this head unit is AMAZING. My girlfriend has the 77 and ihave the 840 premier. AMAZING unit. simular but the 840 is alot clear and more options. The fix is easy. Funny its a 500 dollar unit i got it for 50 bucks from a friend that THOUGHT it was broke cause the face was acting stupid. And i knew these head units. SOOO got the part installed it and works like a charm. All it is the ribbon that goes from the outer face pannel into the deck. Its very easy to fix.

Love pioneer Premier!

yes i had the same head unit. excellent deck. looks cool and works great.

swwaltw
12-06-2005, 06:39 AM
does anyone have the part number that fixes this. I think it should be in the faq section.

adam71
12-06-2005, 05:46 PM

Love pioneer Premier!

I lover Pioneer Premier too, thats pretty much all I've run for the past 15 years with the couple of exceptions of trying other brands. But I'm also NOT wrong in any way. I've never liked the dual faced units. Not because of the 12 dollar ribbon cable fix, but because I don't like the look of them. I like the 860 WAYYY better than any of the dual faced units. In fact I'll take the looks of my old 920 over the dual units. Just my opinion and tastes, not knocking them in any way.:)

swwaltw
12-06-2005, 11:43 PM
part number for the $12 cable

swwaltw
12-07-2005, 12:15 AM
my bad i **** im a ******* click the search button duh
part number for the repair kit is GXY1005