View Full Version : Resin expander for FG

05-08-2005, 10:57 PM
Hey anyone know much about it? Where I can get it? It takes the place of layered matt right?

05-08-2005, 11:51 PM
Its called aerosil, its nice because you can spread it on the inside of your project. Its quite messy however and its not as strong as fiberglass mat. Its nice on small projects but we did a box for 4 10's using this stuff and it made the box wiegh a ton and really messy.

05-09-2005, 12:06 AM
fumed silica\aerosil\cabosil

get it on ebay for $10~15

i got a bag, and im doing a fiberglass box for some 8's. and it worked really well.