PDA

View Full Version : 5425 Eclipse???

2wheeler
05-08-2005, 05:08 PM
Hey all, I have an Alpine 9830 that sounds good, but has a display that is invisible during the daytime. I can send it back for a refund and I'm thinking of changing to something else. How do the new Eclipse 5v HUs sound? And is the display visible during the day? Or if anyone has any other suggestions let me know, sirious capable with 3 preouts. 300$ or less.

JLCivic
05-08-2005, 06:59 PM
Hey all, I have an Alpine 9830 that sounds good, but has a display that is invisible during the daytime. I can send it back for a refund and I'm thinking of changing to something else. How do the new Eclipse 5v HUs sound? And is the display visible during the day? Or if anyone has any other suggestions let me know, sirious capable with 3 preouts. 300$ or less.
I think you would be very happy with how the eclipse sounds. I would strongly recommend checking them out.

3.5Max6spd
05-09-2005, 09:11 AM
During the day? Do you mean with the sun gleaming off the face? Just about all Hu's are a little hard to read with the sun blasting on it....

2wheeler
05-09-2005, 11:01 AM
My Alpine has the worst visibility of any HU I've ever seen. Direct sunlight is tough for any HU, but this one is hard to see in any lighting during the day. The screen is really reflective, and the LEDs are very dim, those two things put together make for a display that is difficult to read all day long, not just in direct sunlight. I really dont want to go thru the hassle of shipping this thing back to crutchfield, waiting for a refund, etc. but its bad enough that I probably will. Sooo, any opinions on the 5v Eclipse units? The looks are starting to grow on me, and I havent heard one bad thing about the SQ.

3.5Max6spd
05-09-2005, 11:36 AM
My Alpine has the worst visibility of any HU I've ever seen. Direct sunlight is tough for any HU, but this one is hard to see in any lighting during the day. The screen is really reflective, and the LEDs are very dim, those two things put together make for a display that is difficult to read all day long, not just in direct sunlight. I really dont want to go thru the hassle of shipping this thing back to crutchfield, waiting for a refund, etc. but its bad enough that I probably will. Sooo, any opinions on the 5v Eclipse units? The looks are starting to grow on me, and I havent heard one bad thing about the SQ.

I think they sound great....my brother has last years cd3434 and it has the similar dot display its quite legible during the day, moreso actually than my 8455.

2wheeler
05-09-2005, 11:59 AM
Thats good to hear, if I'm going thru all this hassle I don't want to end up with the same problem. I actually thought of tinting the rest of my windows to help this out, but decided to fix the real problem instead. Plus the Eclipse theft insurance/esn thing is cool too.

3.5Max6spd
05-09-2005, 04:27 PM
you should still tint it IMO- heck I even have my sunroof tinted 20% reflective and I still get mad sun in at times because my center console is open to direct sunlight from the top of the widshield due to the angle on it.... :mad:

truckstoy
05-10-2005, 08:39 AM
i have a cd5435 and have no problems seeing the screen during the day, but i guess it all depends on what kind of car you have & the angle of the windows.

2wheeler
05-10-2005, 10:12 AM
Thats what I was wanting to hear, thanks. I have a toyota tacoma, the back windows are tinted and it just isnt very bright inside, but I still have a hard time seeing the alpine. Any problems with the Eclipse?

forbidden
05-10-2005, 09:30 PM
Yup, there is, I can't get enough of them to sell to happy customers.