PDA

View Full Version : ground noise coming from cd player outputs????

TrickeffeX
05-08-2005, 04:52 PM
i have a 98 mustang gt w/out the mach stereo.
i have a premier 860mp and 4 pioneer 3way 6x8's powered by a profile ca 640 4 channel amp.
i just installed the 4 6x8's this morning.after i got through i cranked the car and 1st thing i heard was horrible ground noise.i re did my amp ground and even bout new rca's and its still there.
i drove down the road and the ground noise would come on and off and on and off before it just stayed on.
what could be causiing this?could it be somthing to do with my wiring in the dash for the cd player or could the cd player outputs have gone bad,cuz it does it with all 3 outputs.
this is very frustrating.i was powering a 10" yesterday,and had little if no ground noise and then as soon as i put the amp on 4 6x8's and swap the rca from sub output to rear it starts.
any help is appreciated .
thanks guys!!
charles

B@SSAN8OR
05-08-2005, 07:45 PM
your rcas's on your headunit are bad. if you just bought it return it if you didnt see about warranty for it

ExS
05-08-2005, 07:49 PM
Did you check the HU ground?

B@SSAN8OR
05-08-2005, 07:54 PM
its not a ground. do a search on these forums about any problems with pioneer and you will find that problem.

someone really needs to make a f*ckin sticky about this

squeak9798
05-08-2005, 08:24 PM
its not a ground. do a search on these forums about any problems with pioneer and you will find that problem.

It doesn't mean 100% of them have it. So yes, it could also very likely be a setup issue.

Did you clean the amp ground locations and sand away any paint before you grounded the amp? Check the HU ground?

someone really needs to make a f*ckin sticky about this

No ;)

B@SSAN8OR
05-08-2005, 09:23 PM
why almost everyone that posts about something related to a weird ground noise has a pioneer deck. is it just me or is that something to make a sticky about so people stop asking cause they cant use the god@mn search button

B@SSAN8OR
05-09-2005, 02:21 PM
i called a service center near my house today and they told me the reason this is happening. with pioneer units.

it is because of a poor ground on the amplifier. not the deck. and what it does is it will blow a surface mount fuse on circuit board. once it has happend you will need to fix the unit and it is easy for a service center to fix it.

one way to make sure it does not happen it to solder a ground wire onto the shield of the rcas and gorund it so that it will not feed back into the unit.

or if you make your own rcas you could diode isolate them so it can not back feed through the system.

and the reason it does not blow on some units is because it might have a bigger fuse on it. or it could not be fused at all.

so that is the reason behind it. hope that helps everyone.

Speedyd718
05-09-2005, 04:43 PM
yup ground noise is what i had outta my pioneer 960. i didn't buy it authorized (ebay) but i called pioneer and gave them the serial number and they are fixing it for free. BUT i just call the service place and he said they are looking into replacing my whole unit, he said they've tried everything to fix the problem and it won't go away (no sound from the front and mid channels, which started as just ground noise from the mid channel). call pioneer they will probably do the same.

squeak9798
05-09-2005, 04:47 PM
i called a service center near my house today and they told me the reason this is happening. with ppioneer units.

it is because of a poor ground on the amplifier. not the deck. nd what it does is it will blow a surface mount fuse on circuit board. once it has happend you will nee to fix the unit and it is easy for a service center to fix it.

one way to make sure it does not happen it to solder a ground wire onto the shield of the rcas and gorund it so that it will not feed back into the unit.

or is you make your own rcas you could diode isolate them so it can not backfeed through the system.

and the reason it does not blow on some units is because it might have a bigger fuse on it. or is could not be fused at all.

so that is the reason behind it. hope that helps everyone.

Very helpful. Now, when people search for it, they'll find a very nice write-up of what the problem may be.

plz make a sticky

-No-

Sorry, still not sticky worthy. It only applies to a limited number of people, who own specific models from a single brand.

kuijo
05-09-2005, 04:52 PM
I had the noise to, regrounded the HU to the amps ground, tried grounding the RCAs (****ing useless) and i tried diffrent rcas. i finally bought some new rcas and wired them opposite the power wire and it fixed it.

the reason u didn't hear it when u were driving the sub is u probably switched it from HPF for powering the speakers to LPF for the sub and the Low pass filter, "filtered" out the noise.

TrickeffeX
05-10-2005, 10:54 AM
B@SSAN8OR thanks for all of your help and all of the other s that posted as well.
i called ikesound yesterday and they said to just send it back to them and they will send me a brand new one.how exactly do i add a ground wire to my rca's?
do i have to cut into the outer shield and solder to the wires running around the rca's?
thanks guys!!
charles

andy1234
05-10-2005, 11:33 AM
hmmm maybe i should call em to i emailed ikesound cuz on my 860 the rcas went on it also

B@SSAN8OR
05-10-2005, 02:48 PM
you can just solder a small wire onto the shield of it at either end and ground it to chassis. or the ground for your amp or HU.