PDA

View Full Version : component help

laxman03
05-07-2005, 06:29 PM
ok, i'm looking into getting some components for my car once i save up some cash, but i would like to hear some recommendations from people around here first. i would like to stay in a 200-300 price range for each pair, and i'm not worried about an amp yet, because i can get one to match the comps after i get them...that's no big deal.

i'm really leaning towards the alpine type x 6.5's i've heard a lot of good about them, and they have impressed me so far, but what other brands have you guys had good experiences with?

any opinions would be greatly appreciated, both with suggestions on which comps to go for, or which ones to avoid...thanks

negativezeroz
05-07-2005, 08:21 PM
I personally stay within the Harman International area (aka JBL, Infinity, Harman Kardon, Crown..etc)

JBL's sound great and Infinity is known for their SQ

best thing to do is just go to a local dealer and listen to different components playing the music you like and also just random types of music so you can hear what they sound like playing all kinds of music

Pineapple
05-07-2005, 09:20 PM
i had a set of Infinity Perfect Kappa's. i was happy with them until i heard the Diamond Audio Hex's.

kuijo
05-07-2005, 09:25 PM
I've never had a set of components but i have heard many people say good things about RE and Rainbow. You might look up those companys.

is there a diffrence between the 6.5's and 7's to say a 6x9 component? Cause i really want some components but i don't want to have to create some ports

Johnny Drama
05-07-2005, 09:30 PM
Type R's wouldnt be bad.

Also look for CDT, DLS, Rainbow, MB Quart, OZ, RE, Orion

Stay away from cheap brands. Personally I dont like infinity comps they lack mid-bass, but that is my opinion.

Johnny Drama
05-07-2005, 09:32 PM
I've never had a set of components but i have heard many people say good things about RE and Rainbow. You might look up those companys.

is there a diffrence between the 6.5's and 7's to say a 6x9 component? Cause i really want some components but i don't want to have to create some ports

The 6x9s theoreticaly will have more bass, based on cone area, but round speakers are cleaner then oval so its a trade off quality or output.

Insomniac119
05-07-2005, 09:35 PM
everybody has their own preference as far as speakers go, and price is a factor too af course.

i went to a "high quality" audio shop and listened to some infinities which i was sure i wanted. then i compaired them to the alpines and i new which i liked better: the type r's.

my advice: go and try some out. listen to some friends systems and shops and figure out what you like.

Exaran
05-08-2005, 01:37 AM
I like Pioneer REV 6.5 comps for the low price, JL VR csi comps sounded really nice to me as well.

I have heard lots of good stuff about Arc Audio ACS comps as well, they're just relabled rainbows

HERETIC
05-08-2005, 02:25 AM
image dynamics cameleons csx- get them in 2 or 4 ohm- killer midbass!!!