PDA

View Full Version : FLush Mounting

macbethpoe
05-06-2005, 03:13 PM
I did a search and didnt seem to come up with anything. I was pretty much looking for a guid on how to achieve a flush mount. So if someone could either tell me how to do a flush mount on a sub enclosure, or give me a link to a guid, I would much apreciate it.

nismboy6986
05-06-2005, 03:21 PM
what are you talking about? making the sub sit flush with the front baffle? you normaly just double the front baffle since most mounting flanges are about 3/4" thick and most people use 3/4" mdf to build the box. you just cut the regular size for the first baffle (the one the woofer is actually mounted to) and make the hole in the second, outermost baffle a 1/2" bigger in diameter than the sub. ie for a 15" make the hole in the first baffle 14" and the hole in the second one 15.5"

TwistedMovistar
05-13-2005, 07:20 AM
be careful, those fluch mounts can be hell if you are trying to lift a heavy *** sub vertical. (xxx 12 in a vertical position). the bottom kept sliding off of the second peice of wood,

1 hand holding and the other one will not work for a 50+ pound sub

someting to think about if you change subs alot

swimfreak26
05-14-2005, 12:28 PM
The first reply is correct except for the generalizations about general size of a driver...you don't want to just make the second cutout "a half inch bigger," there should be accurate measurements.

The way to go about it is to make the front baffle, but instead of cutting the hole to be the cutout diameter of the driver, make it the entire OUTER diameter of the sub so that the driver can barely fit through the hole.

Now, the second baffle (really only needs to be a ring) which will be mounted inside the box, should be cut the typical way, with the cutout diameter cut out.

Next, mount the smaller ring behind the front baffle INSIDE the box.

Build up the box like normal now, and when you put in the sub it will drop through the first layer of MDF and sit on the ring you made...creating a flush mount.