PDA

View Full Version : Alpine 4x6 question

TTBear
05-05-2005, 03:01 PM
Hi, all. I would really appreciate some advice. I just installed a little system in our third car - a 1995 Beretta. It includes Alpine SPS-460A 4x6 speakers in the stock kickwell locations, Infinity Kappa 6x9 rears, Phoenix Gold Octane 4-channel amp for the speakers, plus a smaller Phoenix Gold Octane amp (150RMS) for the 10" Phoneix Gold Octane sub (sealed enclosure).

My question is, what should I set the high pass filters on for both front and rear channels, and what sould I set the low pass filter for on the sub amplifier?

I really have NO clue, here - I know what sounds good, but I don't want to jeopardize the front speakers by pushing too much low frequency stuff through them. Suggestions as to where I should even start would be appreciated!

Also, has anyone found that the Alpine 4x6 tweeters are VERY shrill? Wow. I had to attenuate the treble quite a bit, for them to be even tolerable.

Thanks for any and all feedback

desi_daru
05-05-2005, 05:12 PM
whats the cut off that sounds good?? id say 120 for both high/low pass
but if thats not wat sounds good then maybe not

how u go from a M3, X5 to a 95 beretta???

TTBear
05-05-2005, 08:07 PM
:rolleyes:

The Beretta is a THIRD car, which we use as a winter beater. It is in fantastic shape - 1995, with 35,000 miles on it only! A colleague's son is going to borrow it for a few months, until the new version of the Honda Civic comes out, so I installed a stereo in it as a little surprise for him.

I find that about 120 sounds pretty good - you were pretty well right on.

Thanks for the input.

desi_daru
05-08-2005, 07:44 PM
haha thas sweet how 120 was right on, then u dont have a headache tried a suggestion n it worked