PDA

View Full Version : Kenwood Kdc-ps907 Question

hatchet
05-05-2005, 11:13 AM
I have had this head unit for several years and just recently encountered a problem. Nothing happens when the buttons are pressed. The motorized faceplate still works and it is playing music, but it is stuck on a radio station with no way to change it or control the volume, much less change to the cd player or changer. The faceplate is not lit up. I have tried the reset button on the front of the unit and it doesn't work. I am guessing it is the computer chip, but hope I am wrong. Does anyone know anything about this?

Spr0ket
05-06-2005, 12:23 AM
You have the motorized D-Mask system... it *****. That is the reason why the newer kenwood head units get away from it. The part you need is a very small flat cable lead that solders to the motorized plate of the face. Not an easy task to tackle. Ask around at your local professional installer to find a repair center to do the work. It should cost around $80-120. I had one of the older kenwood head units like that... one of the first motorized. I loved the head unit, but I got pretty mad about the cable going bad. I have a new Kenwood now.