PDA

View Full Version : anybody seen a 240sx install

mavrix
05-05-2005, 10:12 AM
I've just got all my stuff in...my rl-p, my planet audios...now i gotta figure out where to put it all!

Has anybody seen or know where I can find some pictures of an install in a s14 240sx (1995-1996)? These amps are huge...I gotta find a way to make it all look good.

JimJ
05-05-2005, 10:17 AM
False floor :)

Sink the amps behind a window of Plexi...glass the subs facing up into the hatch.

mavrix
05-05-2005, 10:26 AM
False floor :)

Sink the amps behind a window of Plexi...glass the subs facing up into the hatch.

The plexi bit is really along the lines of what I was thinking. Only thing is, I still have to have my spare tire, cause of college and driving home and whatnot.

the 95 240 has a trunk too, instead of the hatch. the hatch would be so much nicer for the install..but ah well.

so i'm thinkin like...making a solid base out of MDF, lay the carpet on top of that, have the box in the right corner with the sub firing up, have the amps screwed through the carpet into the mdf underneath, and lay plexi on top of that, so i can still use my trunk. Makes getting to the spare a *****, but it's there if I need it.

XtrmAudioCncpts
05-05-2005, 03:04 PM
look on car domain and try to find someone with a system and then you know kind of steal idea's and figure out how you want yours set up

JimJ
05-05-2005, 05:25 PM
<cartman voice>

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I thought this was America...

</voice>

What, am I supposed to keep all these import models straight ;) You say 240SX, I think hatchback...just like when I say E-150, you think plumber or child molestor...

mavrix
05-05-2005, 10:06 PM
<cartman voice>

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I thought this was America...

</voice>

What, am I supposed to keep all these import models straight ;) You say 240SX, I think hatchback...just like when I say E-150, you think plumber or child molestor...

:rotflol:

Oh yes, ripping good laugh.

Anyways...dad came up with a cool idea that'd keep my spare handy. Rig up a hinge that can open up to the spare. That dad...he's a smart guy.