PDA

View Full Version : WOOO HOOO!!! Took my Rainbows for a test Drive!

flakko
05-05-2005, 12:10 AM
:veryhapp: :veryhapp:

well... i hooked them up IB with only the kick, but even in IB they got LOUD and CLEAR!!! soo much of an upgrade from my 3.5" infinities! Its cool feeling the speaker vibration by your feet! :D . So yea... i took them out now, and im back to the 3.5". BOO!!! :mad:

CANT WAIT TO DO SOME GLASSIN! :veryhapp: :veryhapp:

one thing though... when i hooke my comps up, my infinities were still running in the dash, and for some reason they dash doesnt play in stereo (thats not the case). But it seems that the dash speaks totally brought the soundstage up, and it actually sounded like I had headphones on!! it was amazing!!

As i stated before, my dash speakers aint runnin in stereo so when there comes a part of the song where the music only plays on the right hand side, only the comps (no dash speaker) play that part and the soundstage seems to have been brought down, not at ear level. Is it bad aiming for the comps on my part?? or do you think it will sound better to have an extra set of tweets in the dash and ditch the infinities ( i got a set of Auras that i could use)

any help you anyone can give me would be awesome!!

adam71
05-05-2005, 03:15 AM
The 3.5s must have been connected wrong. IF you reconnect them with correctly and use the rainbows with them you could have a really nice soundstage. ;)

A freind of mine has 4 channel amp which he hooked up his 5-1/4" components (in the kicks) to one half and a pair of 4" coaxials (in the dash) to the other half. He could use his fader to raise and lower the level of the dash speakers, worked out really nice. :veryhapp:

Berry47
05-05-2005, 09:09 AM
Sounds awesome

flakko
05-05-2005, 07:39 PM
The 3.5s must have been connected wrong. IF you reconnect them with correctly and use the rainbows with them you could have a really nice soundstage. ;)

A freind of mine has 4 channel amp which he hooked up his 5-1/4" components (in the kicks) to one half and a pair of 4" coaxials (in the dash) to the other half. He could use his fader to raise and lower the level of the dash speakers, worked out really nice. :veryhapp:

hmm sounds like a great idea!! ill just reconnect my dash speaks to the rears channels of my HU :D

3.5Max6spd
05-09-2005, 11:52 AM
glad you like'm

LoudCrownVic
05-09-2005, 11:58 AM
Pardon for my intrusion but to the unawares viewer, the title for your thread is quite hilarious.

It's cool to hear that you've found some great speakers, tho...

flakko
05-09-2005, 03:15 PM
Pardon for my intrusion but to the unawares viewer, the title for your thread is quite hilarious.

:confused: :confused:

Raven
05-09-2005, 03:41 PM
Sounds great. I wish I had better imaging for my Rainbows.

flakko
05-09-2005, 08:42 PM
Sounds great. I wish I had better imaging for my Rainbows.

ya mee too. due to e-brake space constraints, i cant aim rite... :(