PDA

View Full Version : Changing system

roderick.ray
05-04-2005, 11:58 PM
Hello my name is Roderick, I'm currently deployed but I left my car with my mom. I'm planning on changing out the system I have in it right now. I'm going to get 2 jl audio 12w6v2's and I want to change the front speakers to something that'll sound really good with the subs. I want some 6.5 components and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I'm getting a new Eclipse headunit. I have some Alpine 6X9's in the back right now but I want to keep those. I don't remember what exact ones they are but I like them.

adam71
05-05-2005, 03:11 AM
Price range???

roderick.ray
05-05-2005, 05:03 AM
Price range doesn't matter. I'd like to stay under $500 but I want something that's going to sound good with the subs so if it's necassary to spend more I will

title&registrat
05-05-2005, 08:57 PM
forumites recommended CDT to me, EFs and HDs are both great speakers but I have read that it takes CDTs about ~100 or more watts RMS to really get them going. please note i have no experience with CDTs, but I have decided to install them in my car.

PM djdilliodon for great pricing on the CDTs... check out CDTaudio.com for more information on them

adam71
05-05-2005, 10:28 PM
CDT, Dynaudio, DLS, Focal, Boston Acoustic all have very good reputations for superb sound quality and I'm sure with $500 or a little more would get your hands on some very nice components. :)