PDA

View Full Version : tweets in stock locations?

zachzchw
05-04-2005, 06:22 PM
So, I was putting in my mids today, and went to disconnect the stock speakers in the dash. I always assumed they were 4 x 6 plates or something, but I got the cover off, and ****, I have factory tweeters. So, now Im debating on if I should put the RE tweets in the factory spots, or they would be better suited in the door panel. The factory tweeters are in the dash, angled towards the windshield.
On a related note, Im sure alot of you have had to cut holes in your door panels to accomodate components. What do you do if you sell the car, like how can you repair the door panel?

Ape
05-04-2005, 06:25 PM
well if you can put them in the doors facing the right way it would be worth the effort. Sure it would be easier to drop em in, but tweets facing the windsheild shouldnt be near as good as in the door panel (correct me if im wrong.)

2kchevy06civic
05-04-2005, 06:30 PM
it's just because having the tweeters that far away from your mids will not blend well. A good rule of thumb is to take the tweeter no further than 6 inches away from the mid.

squeak will be able to explain this much better if he ever drops by ;P.

desi_daru
05-04-2005, 06:42 PM
On a related note, Im sure alot of you have had to cut holes in your door panels to accomodate components. What do you do if you sell the car, like how can you repair the door panel?

if u sell the car, sell it with the speakers in place, then theres no hole
jus cause wen u got the car it was stock doesnt mean u have 2 sell it as stock

johnecon2001
05-04-2005, 08:59 PM
it's just because having the tweeters that far away from your mids will not blend well. A good rule of thumb is to take the tweeter no further than 6 inches away from the mid.

squeak will be able to explain this much better if he ever drops by ;P.

Not necessarily. Some factory locations are very good the way they are. The mids in my civic were in the door by your feet. The tweets where in the top of the door behind the mirror. Properly delayed they sound fine.

myvanpounds
05-04-2005, 09:43 PM
I just switched my setup that was in the stock location tweets on the dash and mids in the door, didn't like it so now i have the mids in the door and the tweets are in right next to em down low sounds alot better for my setup

2kchevy06civic
05-04-2005, 11:52 PM
Not necessarily. Some factory locations are very good the way they are. The mids in my civic were in the door by your feet. The tweets where in the top of the door behind the mirror. Properly delayed they sound fine.

yeah I wasn't to sure about the setup but it's just what I have read. and by delayed do you mean timing options? Like you can adjust the time it takes each speaker to get to you so they all meet at the same time? My 8053 has that option, I've never used it though.