PDA

View Full Version : Alpine: Secret Functions?

Slaugh
05-03-2005, 09:31 PM
messing around with my 9815 i accidentally found some hidden commands that aren't on the manual and i have no idea what they do or what they are meant for...

the commands are accessed by holding Power/Source and imediately pressing another key of the head-unit... this is what i get

-Play/Pause - FAN/ON/OFF (shuts on/off the fan??)

-Band/Tel - RESETS EPROM (beware.. i lost all my configs doing that :crying: )

-Mute - MULTI 6B (?)

-F Setup - CENTER 15 (?)

-1 - Volume 25 (volume cranks up to 25 in a second.. scared the **** out of me :p)

-2 - 0 MUTE OFF (?)

-3 - ROLLOFF 9.4 (?)

-4 - screen fills with white and blue titles...

-5 - EF39 (?)
13 FEB. 14:15

-Tilt - BLEND 63.3 (?)

-Eject - -3LMT 17.FB (?)

does anyone know what any of these functions mean or what they do??? please post here if you do...

and PLEASE i want EVERYONE with Alpine headunits do try these with your own head-unit and post here the results...

by the way, my MP3s now skip MUCH faster than before... it was very lagged before and now it takes exactly one second or two at maximum... i think resetting EPROM cut all the crap off my head unit...

snebes
05-03-2005, 10:58 PM
I accidently hit the left/right arrows when I was adjusting my subwoofer....it looked like when you do that, you invert the signal wave going to the woofer.....can that be confirmed? I don't remember what it said exactly

95Eclipse
05-04-2005, 12:28 AM
the 0 mute feature sets the mute to completely take the volume to 0 instead of soft muting... the eprom is basically formatting the chipset deleting all the PEQ and x0ver settings you set... the 4th button is a Dot matrix check... to check if any pixels are messed up, these features are mostly used only by alpine... not really for true consumer use... only alpine techs
pretty cool though:)

azbass
05-04-2005, 12:46 AM
-1 - Volume 25 (volume cranks up to 25 in a second.. scared the **** out of me :p)

:laugh:

Slaugh
05-04-2005, 08:41 AM
the 0 mute feature sets the mute to completely take the volume to 0 instead of soft muting... the eprom is basically formatting the chipset deleting all the PEQ and x0ver settings you set... the 4th button is a Dot matrix check... to check if any pixels are messed up, these features are mostly used only by alpine... not really for true consumer use... only alpine techs
pretty cool though:)
yeah but dude, how do i enable or disable these options? all it happens when i click on them is the message i get... i can't change them, do you know how to do it? because i want to enable this 0 bit mute heheh...

any idea?

95Eclipse
05-04-2005, 10:17 AM
yeah but dude, how do i enable or disable these options? all it happens when i click on them is the message i get... i can't change them, do you know how to do it? because i want to enable this 0 bit mute heheh...

any idea?
unfortunately I don't know how to enable them... I just know they are there for diagnostics.. sorry dude :P

Slaugh
05-04-2005, 03:34 PM
why arent people posting their results???

test on your head unit and post here, everyone, come on :(

noob with an RS
05-04-2005, 03:38 PM
i wish my 7995 did that. or does it?

Slaugh
05-04-2005, 04:04 PM
i wish my 7995 did that. or does it?
that's why i started this thread mang...

TRY IT... and post the results here eheh

go there in your car now and test... im waiting for the results :D

noob with an RS
05-04-2005, 04:10 PM
ok i just got to work and on the way here i tried two of them in the car and it worked. but not the same. i held power and pressed 1 and my volume shot up to 25 and was hella louder than usual at 25 and it scared me too. so i turn it down and try power and 2. the same thing happened. both times no text was displayed just "VOLUME 25". i thought 2 was gonna give me a different result since i did read that above in your original post but instead it scared the crap outta me too. i checced my settings and apparently it set my bass to +7 and 80 hz center frequency and my treble to +7 10khz. weird. no wonder it was A LOT friggin louder at 25. im gonna go see what other buttons do.

Slaugh
05-04-2005, 04:19 PM
ok i just got to work and on the way here i tried two of them in the car and it worked. but not the same. i held power and pressed 1 and my volume shot up to 25 and was hella louder than usual at 25 and it scared me too. so i turn it down and try power and 2. the same thing happened. both times no text was displayed just "VOLUME 25". i thought 2 was gonna give me a different result since i did read that above in your original post but instead it scared the crap outta me too. i checced my settings and apparently it set my bass to +7 and 80 hz center frequency and my treble to +7 10khz. weird. no wonder it was A LOT friggin louder at 25. im gonna go see what other buttons do.
:laugh: scared twice by the volume 25

heheh try with all the buttons and post here the results please... im curious too... and maybe you will find some cool settings there heh... well who knows :emb:

Slaugh
05-04-2005, 04:29 PM
oh and btw... to not get scared again i recommend you testing it with the unit paused on cd-rom, so no sound is reproduced thus making volume 25 not scary at all :p

Black_Jesus
05-04-2005, 05:29 PM
let me tell ya somethin... resetting the eprom on the 9835 ***** ***... i did it once on accident, its a diff key than source bandtel lol

Slaugh
05-05-2005, 05:20 PM
hmmm so.... anyone else???

:(

Expy2000
05-05-2005, 05:24 PM
My 7995 has a function that gives me access to Nuclear Missile Guidance Systems....

:rolleyes: :crazy: :rolleyes:

Slaugh
05-05-2005, 05:37 PM
My 7995 has a function that gives me access to Nuclear Missile Guidance Systems....

OMG PICS?!?!! :eek:

noob with an RS
05-05-2005, 05:42 PM

big whoop. mine does too.

daviper1996
05-05-2005, 07:52 PM
I got the new 9855 I will try when I get home. maybe there is some different Biolite tests or something.

i do know that if you hold down the glidetouch in an area not accessing anything on screen it turns the screen off.. so that when you touch it it resumes for a few seconds then back off again vs contantly being on.. kinda cool.. repeat to disable or enable this feature..

Slaugh
05-05-2005, 09:44 PM
I got the new 9855 I will try when I get home. maybe there is some different Biolite tests or something.

i do know that if you hold down the glidetouch in an area not accessing anything on screen it turns the screen off.. so that when you touch it it resumes for a few seconds then back off again vs contantly being on.. kinda cool.. repeat to disable or enable this feature..
mine does that too

it is on manual.. its called blackout i think

bumpin1234
05-07-2005, 12:34 AM
I started playing around with this and now my sub isn't playing, its just giving a slight thumping sound. I cant seem to get it to stop even after I set the sub to off. hopefully by pulling the power to the hu it will reset

xdavieexx
05-07-2005, 01:21 AM
you guys are going into where you don't belong :p:

Slaugh
05-07-2005, 10:48 AM
I started playing around with this and now my sub isn't playing, its just giving a slight thumping sound. I cant seem to get it to stop even after I set the sub to off. hopefully by pulling the power to the hu it will reset
ew... **** man...

if you reseted the eprom you probably lost all your equalisation settings... equalizing it again doesnt work for you?

oh if you used MX before check if its not enabled again...

bumpin1234
05-07-2005, 03:06 PM
ew... **** man...

if you reseted the eprom you probably lost all your equalisation settings... equalizing it again doesnt work for you?

oh if you used MX before check if its not enabled again...

I did reset the eprom but i also reset everything to how i had it. Once the hu is On there is a thumping sound that sounds like a heart beat and there is no other output to the subs just that sound. I've played around with the settiings but I cant figure it out. Any Ideas?

Slaugh
05-07-2005, 05:10 PM
I did reset the eprom but i also reset everything to how i had it. Once the hu is On there is a thumping sound that sounds like a heart beat and there is no other output to the subs just that sound. I've played around with the settiings but I cant figure it out. Any Ideas?
its most likely to be a configuration problem... i refused to accept that you screw a head unit by pressing 2 buttons together

you know how to setup the 9815 dont you? you know that pressing the volume button gives you subwoofer level,fade,balance and defeat dont you? try messing with these...

then hold F/Setup and adjust the subwoofer (on/off, mono/stereo) and try enabling/disabling the function that enables and disables the internal amplifier...

if it still doesnt work.. hel... i cant figure out what the **** went wrong... and i feel guilty for this :(

thou my 9815 is still working fine after all this hehe

jellyfish420
05-07-2005, 05:30 PM
you guys are going into where you don't belong :p:
x2

why **** with something that works? :uhoh:

GCAdidas13
05-07-2005, 05:38 PM
well IMO the mute config thing could be useful.

these settings are for hardcore tweakers, man :D

Slaugh
05-07-2005, 06:16 PM
well IMO the mute config thing could be useful.

these settings are for hardcore tweakers, man :D
did you try it with your head unit?

i cant understand why people arent trying and posting here the results :crying:

osiris999
05-07-2005, 06:35 PM
mine has almost all the same settings

kuijo
05-07-2005, 06:39 PM
Would the phase thing work if i have my subs plugged in the rear RCA outs intead of the sub RCA out?

osiris999
05-07-2005, 06:43 PM
no

bumpin1234
05-07-2005, 07:41 PM
Well its not the head unit. It may have caused the problem or not but my amp isn't working. The protect is on and wont come off, I disconnected the sub and RCAs and its still in protect.

Slaugh
05-07-2005, 07:42 PM
Would the phase thing work if i have my subs plugged in the rear RCA outs intead of the sub RCA out?
why not? i believe yaeh.. you would use the fader Front/Rear to atenuate the sub instead of the sub 0-15...

anyway it would only be worse than using the propper sub out, so why do you want to that?

sub out = much more control for your sub :)

Slaugh
05-07-2005, 07:45 PM
Well its not the head unit. It may have caused the problem or not but my amp isn't working. The protect is on and wont come off, I disconnected the sub and RCAs and its still in protect.
oh... this sux man.. i believe you sent a clipped signal to it somehow...

take it to the dealership or to the authorized they may unlock it for free...

i believe some people can do this in their homes but i dont know how... and i dont the risks of doing so...

which amp is this btw???

what makes you think, could have done this? do you think any commands sent a clipped signal for a second or so?

bumpin1234
05-07-2005, 07:49 PM
oh... this sux man.. i believe you sent a clipped signal to it somehow...

take it to the dealership or to the authorized they may unlock it for free...

i believe some people can do this in their homes but i dont know how... and i dont the risks of doing so...

which amp is this btw???

what makes you think, could have done this? do you think any commands sent a clipped signal for a second or so?

Planet Audio TT2250D. Well I tried just about every button not thinking anything like this could happen.

So does it sound like the amp done for it or can I get it out of protect some how?

kuijo
05-07-2005, 08:42 PM
What color is the alpine ground wire?

kuijo
05-07-2005, 09:04 PM
I want to reground it to try to get rid of this ground loop, but i don't know which one it is.

GCAdidas13
05-07-2005, 10:27 PM
i have been trying every button to try to switch things...
what button did you use to switch Fan on/off ?

hmm

Slaugh
05-07-2005, 10:44 PM
i have been trying every button to try to switch things...
what button did you use to switch Fan on/off ?

hmm
it worked to me holding Power/Source and pressing the Play button...

GCAdidas13
05-08-2005, 01:25 AM
oic. well try pressing numbers 1-6 on certain functions...

for instance, on+up (mute something-or-other) has six settings
on+search has six settings
i think any of the buttons that are NOT 1-6 uses buttons 1-6 to set them.

Slaugh
05-08-2005, 08:15 AM

what options are those? please tell me im curious to know...

GCAdidas13
05-08-2005, 01:20 PM
no idea. the one that is mute something-or-other actually had no effect on the mute function. so not sure.

Shyne151
05-08-2005, 01:33 PM
What color is the alpine ground wire?

black.

Slaugh
05-08-2005, 11:32 PM
black.
ditto

Black_Jesus
05-11-2005, 03:52 AM
fukin source + 2 and also 1 on my HU put the volume at 25... which *****.. cuz i set it for a max of 15... lol

Slaugh
05-11-2005, 10:14 AM
heh.. what did the other buttons did?

raabz
05-11-2005, 09:10 PM
Okay,

I'm in australia, and tried this on my apline headunit

Pressing power then:
1 - resulted in volume at 25. bass and treble set to 0. Sub off.
2 - resuluted in volme at 25. Bass and treble at -7. sub off.
3.- resulted in volume at 25. bass and treble at +7. sub off.
4. that screen dot check thingy. Didn't affect anything.
5. mute off - didn't seem to do anything?
6? didn't seem to do anything.

Go back and check yours - it might have done the same.

Slaugh
05-11-2005, 09:37 PM
Okay,

I'm in australia, and tried this on my apline headunit

Pressing power then:
1 - resulted in volume at 25. bass and treble set to 0. Sub off.
2 - resuluted in volme at 25. Bass and treble at -7. sub off.
3.- resulted in volume at 25. bass and treble at +7. sub off.
4. that screen dot check thingy. Didn't affect anything.
5. mute off - didn't seem to do anything?
6? didn't seem to do anything.

Go back and check yours - it might have done the same.
try with the other buttons of the head unit... not only the numbers... other buttons like eject/title/play/F-Setup also gave me stuff...

just avoid the Band/Tel if you dont want to have your config erased because it happend to me :p

Slaugh
05-12-2005, 03:33 PM

dude your right... but still i dotn see them doing anything.. only Center on mine made the brightness of the display look different

i still can't enable 0 bit mute :(

limitkid7
05-13-2005, 08:14 AM
pres hold the "play" button and see what happens......

NOW TELL ME WTF IS THE PURPOSE OF THAT!?!?!?

Slaugh
05-13-2005, 11:54 AM
pres hold the "play" button and see what happens......

NOW TELL ME WTF IS THE PURPOSE OF THAT!?!?!?
for me its the i Personalize function... you go to alpine website and program your head unit settings there and save it to a cd so you can load it anytime you want

never used thou...

SirClay
05-22-2005, 05:35 PM
for me its the i Personalize function... you go to alpine website and program your head unit settings there and save it to a cd so you can load it anytime you want

never used thou...

Where can you do that on alpine's website? I have looked, but have not found.

Slaugh
05-22-2005, 05:53 PM
Where can you do that on alpine's website? I have looked, but have not found.
http://www.alpine-usa.com

there's a I-Personalize on the main page

civic2004
05-23-2005, 02:13 AM
theres a function on mine and it says something like pwr inc/?? i dont remember but if i switch it off everything turns off like front and back speakers but the subs and amp remain on and you can still play music with just bass which i thought was weird and didnt no what this function was for.

Slaugh
05-23-2005, 02:11 PM
theres a function on mine and it says something like pwr inc/?? i dont remember but if i switch it off everything turns off like front and back speakers but the subs and amp remain on and you can still play music with just bass which i thought was weird and didnt no what this function was for.
it's the internal amplifier... you can switch it on/off

Raven
07-29-2005, 04:24 PM
Kicking a dead horse:

Alpine CDA 9807

Power/Source +
1= max volume
2= "0MUTEOF"
3= fan on/off
4= screen white out
5= "SUM BB02"

Somehow, I also turned off the subwoofer.

Slaugh
09-10-2005, 09:23 AM
well guys, here i found some other guys talking about this...

http://forum.showyoursound.nl/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=28873

but it's in a different language i dont know which... can someone plz translate so we can know what they really mean? :(

btw there are only this and that thread on the internet about this... i searched like a manic... there's NOTHING else about it...

we're pioneers on finding crap on alpine hu :D

Slaugh
09-10-2005, 09:28 AM
only thing that i can actually feel it's doing something is the Center thing accessed by holding power+F/Setup... as you change it's value the displays mudes a different way

limitkid7
09-10-2005, 11:37 AM
what language is that

Logikalliquid
09-10-2005, 11:55 AM
Looks like maybe dutch? .nl extension is the Netherlands right?

Slaugh
09-10-2005, 12:47 PM
maybe

ne1 to translate it to us? :(

Black_Jesus
09-11-2005, 03:09 AM
its dutch u dumb mother f**kers :)

squeak9798
09-11-2005, 04:24 AM
maybe

ne1 to translate it to us? :(

Not perfect.....but you can get the jist of the conversation:
http://fets5.freetranslation.com/?sequence=core&language=Dutch/English&url=http%3A%2F%2Fforum%2Eshowyoursound%2Enl%2Ftopi c%2Easp%3FARCHIVE%3Dtrue%26TOPIC%5FID%3D28873&username=freetranslation&password=x6ufr0ew (give it a second to load....kinda slow)

PS: All I used was http://www.freetranslation.com/web.htm to translate it.