PDA

View Full Version : Adding an equalizer to a stock setup??

BigTymerzNB
05-03-2005, 04:24 PM
I have a Inifiniti g35 coupe with bose sound system. I added an subwoofer with a mono amp for some more bass, but my speakers really ****. Changing the speakers and bose amp is out of the question, so would adding an equalizer help out my speakers at all, or what other options could I look for? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

req
05-03-2005, 04:34 PM
why is it out of the question? the problem is that the amplifier cuts the speakers at whatever frequency the internal crossovers are set for. adding an EQ can get you more distorted midbass response (if anything, you would use it to CUT DOWN frequencies - you want to AVOID adding boost at all costs)

so elaborate on why its out of the question.

negativezeroz
05-03-2005, 04:37 PM
my stock BOSE 4.5" sound fine i use a HPF at 50Hz for mine..(1995 300ZX btw) i got rid of the BOSE amps tho..

with the BOSE amp running the 4.5" they seemed to have more bass..but idont need them to put out anything but mids and highs...for bass I haveJBL W10GTi and JBL 601.1 :veryhapp:

BigTymerzNB
05-03-2005, 04:37 PM
Its out of the question just because the car was a gift from my parents, and I don't have that much cash to spend on everything, plus I dont plan on keeping the car for too long since I'm going off to school. Any other options? I really appreciate the help.

negativezeroz
05-03-2005, 04:39 PM
Its out of the question just because the car was a gift from my parents, and I don't have that much cash to spend on everything, plus I dont plan on keeping the car for too long since I'm going off to school. Any other options? I really appreciate the help.

you ****

:jk:

g30ffr3y
05-03-2005, 05:07 PM
you ****

x2

i wish my parents bought me a 40k car...
spoiled *****...

KaeZoo
05-03-2005, 05:29 PM
There's no practical way to add an equalizer and keep the stock head unit and stock amps/speakers. There is no cheap option to improve the sound quality in most vehicles with Bose.

BigTymerzNB
05-03-2005, 07:31 PM
Thanks for all the help...

<<<my stock BOSE 4.5" sound fine i use a HPF at 50Hz for mine..(1995 300ZX btw) i got rid of the BOSE amps tho..>>>

I'm basically a newb to car audio...wtf is a "HPF"? Also, could you recommend any amps to replace the stock amp, since you said your speakers don't sound too bad, maybe I'll take it one step at a time. Since I'm changing the amp, will I need the PAC adaptor? Thanks.

To the haters....It's not like I made my parents give me the car, it was their choice and decision, so it's all good.

T3mpest
05-05-2005, 09:23 PM
HPF is high pass filter, it's the crossover frequncy for the low end. Basically it caues a much lower decibel level for any sounds below 50hz. It is used to allow speakers to only play within the range they are comfortable with.