PDA

View Full Version : Wait a sec, am I dumb? Replace front or rear speakers?

MonkeyWithACold
05-02-2005, 11:09 PM
I have a 94 grand cherokee, with the infinity gold system...Well, I just got some Infinity Reference speakers, but only 1 pair.

I was wondering, should I replace the front or rear speakers? I planned on replacing the rear, as it sounds like more bass comes from there. But really, I hear the front speakers more, as im sitting in well, the front of the vehicle.

95RAM
05-02-2005, 11:11 PM
front

squeak9798
05-02-2005, 11:12 PM
Wait a sec, am I dumb?

Yes

:D :p:

I was wondering, should I replace the front or rear speakers? I planned on replacing the rear, as it sounds like more bass comes from there. But really, I hear the front speakers more, as im sitting in well, the front of the vehicle.

The fronts ;) They are THE most important speakers in the vehicle.

MonkeyWithACold
05-02-2005, 11:14 PM
Thanks, im gonna go read hook'd on fonix now....

Seriously though, its a good thing I thought of that before I actually get the speakers (waiting for them to ship)

M@nJo
05-03-2005, 03:06 AM
I planned on replacing the rear, as it sounds like more bass comes from there. But really, I hear the front speakers more, as im sitting in well, the front of the vehicle.

keep in mind, distortion will kill the speaker(s). the purpose for speakers is definately not "bass" but mids/highs/some lows?. subwoofer is for bass :)

and heres another vote for fronts.

JimJ
05-03-2005, 03:42 AM
Distortion doesn't kill speakers

x2

And if anyone says that too little power will also kill speakers, they're getting e-slapped :D

Naxis2k1
05-03-2005, 06:46 AM
:ohsnap:
Too little power kills speakers ...

squeak9798
05-03-2005, 10:15 AM
Too little power kills speakers ...

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/fryingpan.gif