PDA

View Full Version : "DEFEAT ON"

pastorwayne
05-03-2005, 12:06 AM
I have an alpine CDA 9831 HU, and somehow I got the defeat turned on (between you and me, I think one of my interns borrowed my truck). Now, I cannot get it turned off. I turned the "INT" off in the setup menu, but there was no change in operations.

Whenever I try to adjust the EQ or turn on the MX, i get the message accross the display "DEFEAT ON", and I cannot make any changes to the sound. I am sure I am just a moron, but I really could use some help on this one.

Wayne

bhsswrstlr
05-03-2005, 12:07 AM
push your volume knob in until you get the "defeat on" choice. then rotate the knob to defeat off...then you can adjust eq's etc

Raven
05-03-2005, 12:08 AM
There should be two different defeat settings, they both need to be off, IIRC. The other one could be in the fader / balance / subout area.

Slaugh
05-03-2005, 02:07 PM
what is this function actualy supposed to do??? and why does it have such stupid name?

Black_Jesus
05-03-2005, 09:03 PM
it defeats all the user settings and goes to the way the deck originally was?...

Slaugh
05-03-2005, 09:34 PM
oh and answering the question

Hold the Power/Source button and quickly press the Band/Tel button

it will reset the eprom (i think) and will fix the problem (i think lolol)

AVSTANG02
05-07-2005, 04:27 PM
what is this function actualy supposed to do??? and why does it have such stupid name?

i *think* it turns off all of the internal sound processing stuff like mx and eq settings... so you can use external audio processors and eq type doohickys ?

Raven
05-08-2005, 11:52 PM
^ Exactly right. It's an internal defeat mode, which kills all sound processing. There are two of them, one is for just the preouts, and one is for the preouts and internal amp.

Using my 9807 as an example, hit the volume knob to get into the sub out level, hit it again to get to balance, again fader, and again Defeat. Turn that off. Then Hold the setup button for 3 seconds, it'll get to a menu, use the next / prev track buttons to scroll across settings, and band /tel button to (de) activate features. It'll be named int or something like that.