PDA

View Full Version : Low depth 6.5s

TrnItAround
05-02-2005, 06:36 PM
im looking to replace the stock 6.5"s that ae in my kickpanels.

Im looking for a set of good speakers but i am also on a budget and dont want to spend too much.

my only problem is that there is not much mounting depth to work with.

So ill need to find some speakers that have a very shallow mounting depth. If any boyd has some suggestions please let me know.

Worlddre
05-02-2005, 06:37 PM
what is your price range?

nosaj070
05-02-2005, 06:40 PM
What sort of depth are you talking? Alot of times 1/10th of an inch can make quite a difference...also are you looking for coaxials?

TrnItAround
05-02-2005, 06:46 PM
im just looking for the lowest depth possible. and yes im coaxial because i dont want to spend over 150 bucks.

nosaj070
05-02-2005, 06:56 PM
im just looking for the lowest depth possible. and yes im coaxial because i dont want to spend over 150 bucks.

Sigh...I don't see your reasoning. But the Infinity Reference shallow versions would fit the bill...Most low end coaxials like that will be plenty shallow anyway, so I would not worry about it too much. I still don't see the big deal in measuring to be sure something will fit.

MadAudio
05-02-2005, 07:08 PM
I still don't see the big deal in measuring to be sure something will fit.
or just go to crutchfield choose the type of car u got and see what speakers would fit and check the mounting depth of those speakers be sure to check various brands mounting depth and find the deepest one that will fit and this will give u a clue on how much space u got without measuring . tho if u measure odds are 1/4 or more of space may " magically" appear :D

Berry47
05-02-2005, 10:26 PM
Sigh...I don't see your reasoning. But the Infinity Reference shallow versions would fit the bill...Most low end coaxials like that will be plenty shallow anyway, so I would not worry about it too much. I still don't see the big deal in measuring to be sure something will fit.

I second this...

the infinity tweets are a little harsh but those should get the job done.

nosaj070
05-03-2005, 12:17 AM
I second this...

the infinity tweets are a little harsh but those should get the job done.

Mounted off axis in a door will pretty much completely get rid of any sibilance or harshness. I think they'd be pretty good...